• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

O-line from the O-line

mthoopsfan said:
poorgriz said:
Is this true? You guys haven't had a 1st team Big Sky OL player since Germer returned? That's crazy, especially with the griz tradition.

"He hasn't mentored a 1st Team All BSC conference lineman since his return."

So there have been 15 first team o-lineman in the 3 years that Hauck/Germer have returned, and the cupboard was fairly bare when they returned, and you think this is a big deal? Look at the number of teams in the conference. Have the Cats had 2?

So there have been 15 first team All Big Sky O Linemen? I was genuinely asking... if what the other poster posted was true, apparently not. Yes, I would have been very surprised of that were true, given the history and tradition of griz having kick ass OL.

poorgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
So there have been 15 first team o-lineman in the 3 years that Hauck/Germer have returned, and the cupboard was fairly bare when they returned, and you think this is a big deal? Look at the number of teams in the conference. Have the Cats had 2?

So there have been 15 first team All Big Sky O Linemen? I was genuinely asking... if what the other poster posted was true, apparently not. Yes, I would have been very surprised of that were true, given the history and tradition of griz having kick ass OL.

15, give or take.

mthoopsfan said:
poorgriz said:
Is this true? You guys haven't had a 1st team Big Sky OL player since Germer returned? That's crazy, especially with the griz tradition.

Whatever you are smoking or drinking I suggest you stop ASAP.

Since hauck returned to montana in 2018 the only players montana had who made all big sky were Conlan beaver twice was named second team, hunter mayginnes was a 2nd team selection one year and angel Villanova was a 3rd team selection one year...

Cowboys84 said:
mthoopsfan said:

Since hauck returned to montana in 2018 the only players montana had who made all big sky were Conlan beaver twice was named second team, hunter mayginnes was a 2nd team selection one year and angel Villanova was a 3rd team selection one year...

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ of course you would absolutely struggle to understand what mthoops is saying. Try to keep up here TTHD, there have been 15 first team OL chosen throughout the entire Big Sky conference the last 3 years hauck has been here (5 per year). With 13 teams in the Big Sky, the poster is stating there probably arenā€™t a lot of teams with more than 2-3 in that timeframe. I know bub, reading is hard.

Cowboys84 said:
mthoopsfan said:

Read it again. Use your fingers and mouth the words.

CDAGRIZ said:
Cowboys84 said:

Just when I think the guy couldnā€™t possibly be any more dense, he goes and proves us wrong again

HookedonGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Just when I think the guy couldnā€™t possibly be any more dense, he goes and proves us wrong again

Karen....these are the numbers for those those players that were selected first team all conference.

2018 there were 5 players selected
2019 there were 7 players selected
2021 there were 6 players selected.....even with your montana math, I hope you can count to 18 thats the number selected 1st team

This proves The number 5 is an obligatory number and the people who voted for these teams voted for who they thought deserved first team honors, and that list could have been any number to a player they deemed worthy...yet no player from Montana u. Got that honor...

If you even want to count the 2020 spring season, there were 6 players who received first place team recognition.

Have a good night karen.

Cowboys84 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Karen....these are the numbers for those those players that were selected first team all conference.

2021 there were 6 players selected.....even with your montana math, I hope you can count to 18 thats the number selected 1st team

This proves The number 5 is an obligatory number and the people who voted for these teams voted for who they thought deserved first team honors, and that list could have been any number to a player they deemed worthy...yet no player from Montana u. Got that honor...

If you even want to count the 2020 spring season, there were 6 players who received first place team recognition.

Have a good night karen.

A double-down of stupidity.

For those interested, the roster has been updated with correct weights. If you've seen the team recently it's apparent they have had a great offseason in the weight room. Good looking group!

Cowboys84 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Have a good night karen.

Read it one more time from the beginning. For me. I want to believe nobody can be this stupid. Please report back.

Cowboys84 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Have a good night karen.

Yes, you are correct. Only 15 of 18 first team all-conference linemen were Griz.

mthoopsfan said:
poorgriz said:

Yes Cats had 2 first teamers in the last 2 full BSC seasons not counting the 2020 limited participation season (2019/2021) . Along with those 2 first teamers they also had 2 on 2nd team, and 1 on 3rd team in that 2 season span). So in 2019 they had 3 of their 5 linemen get some level of BSC recognition.

In the 3 years (2018/2019/2021) Weber had 4 first teamers, S. Utah and EWU both had 3 first teamers , MSU and Sac St. both had 2 first teamers. Even Davis, Idaho and Idaho state each had 1. UM 0

Ursus1 said:
mthoopsfan said:

Yes Cats had 2 first teamers in the last 2 full BSC seasons not counting the 2020 limited participation season (2019/2021) . Along with those 2 first teamers they also had 2 on 2nd team, and 1 on 3rd team in that 2 season span). So in 2019 they had 3 of their 5 linemen get some level of BSC recognition.

In the 3 years (2018/2019/2021) Weber had 4 first teamers, S. Utah and EWU both had 3 first teamers , MSU and Sac St. both had 2 first teamers. Even Davis, Idaho and Idaho state each had 1. UM 0

DOLA.

Back