• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Players leaving/ left the Griz Winter/Spring

that is truly remarkable for about 100 guys playing division one football.....i tip my hat to them....my old coach used to break it down in to 3-8 hours with one 8 for sleeping.....studying 5 minutes here and 10 minutes there in down time was the way i was taught for time management...every second counted..... these guys must be good at it and innately bright.

Yukon said:
what an outrage!! Who is to blame for this?

https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizFB/status/1080944157512806400

The hard working kids are! Congrats gentlemen. That’s something to be proud of right there!

Yukon said:
what an outrage!! Who is to blame for this?

https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizFB/status/1080944157512806400

This IS impressive!!!! Are we going to blame it on Stitt's recruits???

A couple points....GPAs are not all created equal. 3.07 majoring in basket weaving and a 3.07 in physics are not the same accomplishments. Also, if the excuse that this year's team wasn't great because it wasn't all Bobby's recruits (ala just wait until Bobby gets his dudes).....then the GPA is also due more to Stitt's recruits. Hmmmmmm maybe that is why Bobby recruited teams never had that high of GPA. Personally I would be fine if this number go down a little as long as win numbers go up.

Ursus1 said:
A couple points....GPAs are not all created equal. 3.07 majoring in basket weaving and a 3.07 in physics are not the same accomplishments. Also, if the excuse that this year's team wasn't great because it wasn't all Bobby's recruits (ala just wait until Bobby gets his dudes).....then the GPA is also due more to Stitt's recruits. Hmmmmmm maybe that is why Bobby recruited teams never had that high of GPA. Personally I would be fine if this number go down a little as long as win numbers go up.

I agree with you, but another way of looking at this is to say that Hauck got more out of the Stitt recruits on the academic side.

You think we would have got some sort of Taber tweet or least an updated roster by now. They’ll probably make us wait until Spring ball...

Ursus1 said:

What were the GPAs of Bobby's past teams?

PeauxRouge said:
Ursus1 said:

No clue, but since this was a record they must have been lower to some extent

Ursus1 said:
PeauxRouge said:
Ursus1 said:

No clue, but since this was a record they must have been lower to some extent

For what it's worth, here's what I was able to find scanning the internet. Couldn't find much about GPA other than these. The 2.9 GPA under Hauck in 2008 was the previous team record before 2012 beat it:

Semester | Coach | GPA

1. Fall 2018 | Bobby Hauck | 3.07
2. Spring 2018 | Bobby Hauck | 2.99
3. Fall 2012 | Mick Delaney | 2.92
4. Fall 2008 | Bobby Hauck | 2.90
5. Fall 2015 | Bob Stitt | 2.87
6. Fall 2016 | Bob Stitt | 2.85

Tuk not coming back...
Northeastern State???? Who

https://twitter.com/tukmoses_/status/1089668630462320643

Paytonlives said:
Tuk not coming back...
Northeastern State???? Who

https://twitter.com/tukmoses_/status/1089668630462320643

Not coming back? I think that was apparent when he packed up & left. NEState is close to home. & this kid is a father to go along with being a student athlete. Best of luck, sorry we didn’t get to see you in the colors.

Back