• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Game: Griz on the ropes

AZGrizFan said:
Griz til I die said:
Are you just completely ignoring the fact that we are severely injured on offense? This is what's driving me crazy. People think this team sucks, but would they really suck if we had Cam, Knight and Ostmo all available the entire season? Cause I predict that we would've won on Saturday and we probably would've beat Eastern as well. It's one bad game, let it f###[#] go and hope that we get healthy, cause if we do, this team will be night and day better. Stop pretending like the team is at full strength right now, cause we're not even close.

It’s 10 straight quarters. Not one game. And If you’re counting Cam, Knight and Ostmo to ride in on their white horses and save us, you’re just going to end ups disappointed. Cam is out another two weeks minimum, and Knight MAY be back for the playoffs, and that’s IF we make the playoffs.
Don't think Knight will be back. Playoffs???

HelenaHandBasket said:
Cledus said:
That's kind of a bizarre thing to say looking at these players who committed / came aboard in the Stitt era.

1. Jerry Louie-McGee
2. Dante Olson
3. Jace Lewis
4. Samori Toure
5. Samuel Akem
6. Mitch Roberts
7. Cam Humphrey
8. Keenan Curran
9. Gabe Sulser (don’t know if you can really count him because he was always going to um no matter who the head coach was)
10. Malik Flowers
11. Jesse Sims (also like Sulser probably would have gone griz no matter who the head coach was)
12. Josh Buss
13. Patrick O’Connell
14. Conlan Beaver
15. Deming brothers
16. Alex Gubner
17. Josh Sandry

The reality is, Hauck isn't the great coach many here think he is. A great coach would not have hired top assistants in the twilight of their career who are no longer hungry and whose aspirations for climbing the coaching ladder are long in the rearview mirror. Your OC and DC are just trading their time for a paycheck.

Yet Stitt had his best season, his first, with the guys that Delaney left him. Also, not sure what that statement had to do with Hauck.

These guys were all on the 2018 roster. There might be one or two Delaney guys on there but they’re pretty much all Stitt. So if Hauck can’t get it done with these players, what have you seen from him that convinces you he’s getting it done with players who are 100% his? That’s what I was getting at.

It’s like Choate said when Hauck came back in 2018, “the sequel is never as good as the original.” You’re still early in the stages of grief, so I can’t be too hard on you for not seeing what’s patently obvious to anyone outside the program.

Cledus said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Yet Stitt had his best season, his first, with the guys that Delaney left him. Also, not sure what that statement had to do with Hauck.

These guys were all on the 2018 roster. There might be one or two Delaney guys on there but they’re pretty much all Stitt. So if Hauck can’t get it done with these players, what have you seen from him that convinces you he’s getting it done with players who are 100% his? That’s what I was getting at.

It’s like Choate said when Hauck came back in 2018, “the sequel is never as good as the original.” You’re still early in the stages of grief, so I can’t be too hard on you for not seeing what’s patently obvious to anyone outside the program.

Cledus, you listed like maybe 18 guys tops, and in year 3, several are not even on the team. Not sure what in my initial statement, meaning the entire overall roster, is proven incorrect about Stitt inheriting more talent from Delaney than he left Hauck.

AZGrizFan said:
Griz til I die said:
Are you just completely ignoring the fact that we are severely injured on offense? This is what's driving me crazy. People think this team sucks, but would they really suck if we had Cam, Knight and Ostmo all available the entire season? Cause I predict that we would've won on Saturday and we probably would've beat Eastern as well. It's one bad game, let it f###[#] go and hope that we get healthy, cause if we do, this team will be night and day better. Stop pretending like the team is at full strength right now, cause we're not even close.

It’s 10 straight quarters. Not one game. And If you’re counting Cam, Knight and Ostmo to ride in on their white horses and save us, you’re just going to end ups disappointed. Cam is out another two weeks minimum, and Knight MAY be back for the playoffs, and that’s IF we make the playoffs.
Yes and in 8 of those quarters we’ve had multiple guys injured and multiple guys out sick. Do we play that bad in those 8 quarters if those guys are there? Also what proof do you have that Cam is out at minimum another 2 weeks? Cause he suited up on Saturday and looked like he was close. Are you just speculating or do you actually know the extent of the injury?

Griz til I die said:
AZGrizFan said:
Yes and in 8 of those quarters we’ve had multiple guys injured and multiple guys out sick. Do we play that bad in those 8 quarters if those guys are there? Also what proof do you have that Cam is out at minimum another 2 weeks? Cause he suited up on Saturday and looked like he was close. Are you just speculating or do you actually know the extent of the injury?
As I said in another thread, from what I saw he was limping and couldn't push off his right leg into throws.

To me, that doesn't seem like a guy who can come back anytime soon, and we all remember how limited Dalton Sneed looked coming back early from a similar injury in 2019. He wasn't the same player after that.

Hope I'm wrong, though.

Griz til I die said:
AZGrizFan said:

his injury generally requires most athletes 6-8 weeks. There have been some with that injury who have come back in as little as 4 weeks but those are outliers who heal very quickly but that is not the norm, but it is possible.

In case you want to relive the nightmare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxu8nDTiRGI

MontanaJack2006 said:
Just poking in that the offensive line allowed Knight to achieve the all time TD record in 2019. I agree that they aren't blowing dudes apart this year, but pay attention to how slow our backs hit the hole compared to other teams...it's noticeable that we are out of horses at the position

what this dude said. knight is at a wayyy different level than any of the other RB's on our roster, and it has shown. he is the single most valuable player on this team, and losing him has been the most difficult thing to overcome.

Cledus said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Spot on. How many of those griz were offensive linemen??

Griz til I die said:
AZGrizFan said:

Yes, multiple other guys have been injured (most not significantly, with the exception of Sulser)…but my point is that Cam, Knight and Ostmo are NOT riding to our rescue anytime soon, so if Brown & Co. don’t figure it out, and soon, we’re gonna be staring at 4-4 and on the outside looking in before even Cam may be ready (and that’s based on his injury, not anything I know about it).

AZGrizFan said:
Griz til I die said:

Yes, multiple other guys have been injured (most not significantly, with the exception of Sulser)…but my point is that Cam, Knight and Ostmo are NOT riding to our rescue anytime soon, so if Brown & Co. don’t figure it out, and soon, we’re gonna be staring at 4-4 and on the outside looking in before even Cam may be ready (and that’s based on his injury, not anything I know about it).

Most on the board speak highly of Brown and his ability to be our QB in the future. The same people state that he can’t throw anything but short passes which I don’t understand. It seems to me this is a liability and negates our chances to win. Question: don’t we have another quarterback that can throw the ball more than 15 yards?

Spanky2 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Most on the board speak highly of Brown and his ability to be our QB in the future. The same people state that he can’t throw anything but short passes which I don’t understand. It seems to me this is a liability and negates our chances to win. Question: don’t we have another quarterback that can throw the ball more than 15 yards?

I think Brown has the arm to throw the ball down the field. It is just that no one has any idea where said ball might go.

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
I have mentioned the head guy multiple times, and still stand by the statement that Stitt was the worst Head Coach at UM since maybe Gene Carlson.

Larry Donovan was worse.

that's not Fair
Mouse had lots of friends that played on those Donovan teams
;)

Bear Axed said:
AZGrizFan said:
Larry Donovan was worse.

that's not Fair
Mouse had lots of friends that played on those Donovan teams
;)

Donovan was fine until he decided to do something radical........ I believe it was called the Wishbone.... AND we did get a new stadium off the deal don't know how did as coach in Japan though.

'68griz said:
Spanky2 said:

I think Brown has the arm to throw the ball down the field. It is just that no one has any idea where said ball might go.

:agree:

Back