• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Game: Griz on the ropes

kemajic said:
argh! said:
yeah, like the guy who was going to quit supporting the griz, and the university entirely, because he didn't like the football coach, who was getting all of a one year extension, after three years of losing his starting qb(s) for most of the season, including a really good one (phillips).
The Stitt fan just never runs down; still butthurt. Jensen was always Stitt's man and he was not a winner.

Is Bobby's 4th year back as good as Stitt's first year? Maybe not...... he beat NDSU EWU and MSU.....and won a playoff game...with a totally bare cupboard that was Delaney's fault!

BWahlberg said:
- O-line play today wasn’t good. I don’t know if there’s any way to sugar coat that. Sac was constantly pressuring Brown and got to him with a 3 man rush once and few 4 man rushes as well. They would scrape an end across the line and it seemed to be a tough task to pick him up. There were seemingly no running lanes cleared up either (2.9 YPC).

- Kris Brown was efficient in his completions but they were almost entirely short/check-down passes. There were open options up the field at times that were missed, and then maybe the most costly was a bad throw to a well covered Akem that lead to a goal-line pick just one play after a Sac fumble. Brown had 2 more turnovers today and took some really costly sacks. I don’t think the design today did a lot of favors to help him, but especially once the 4th quarter got going, he looked like a freshman in a moment he might not have been fully ready to take on.
Regarding the OC and the lame play-callng, do we even have a screen in our play book? How do you offset their maximum rush pressure? A couple good screen plays settles that down. Maybe they have little confidence in Brown executing. SacSt DC coordinator Thompson completely bested UM OC Rosenbach all day.

kemajic said:
BWahlberg said:
- O-line play today wasn’t good. I don’t know if there’s any way to sugar coat that. Sac was constantly pressuring Brown and got to him with a 3 man rush once and few 4 man rushes as well. They would scrape an end across the line and it seemed to be a tough task to pick him up. There were seemingly no running lanes cleared up either (2.9 YPC).

- Kris Brown was efficient in his completions but they were almost entirely short/check-down passes. There were open options up the field at times that were missed, and then maybe the most costly was a bad throw to a well covered Akem that lead to a goal-line pick just one play after a Sac fumble. Brown had 2 more turnovers today and took some really costly sacks. I don’t think the design today did a lot of favors to help him, but especially once the 4th quarter got going, he looked like a freshman in a moment he might not have been fully ready to take on.
Regarding the OC and the lame play-callng, do we even have a screen in our play book? How do you offset their maximum rush pressure? A couple good screen plays settles that down. Maybe they have little confidence in Brown executing. SacSt DC coordinator Thompson completely bested UM OC Rosenbach all day.

You would think one of those 3 wide out sets we start in would be perfect a wide receiver screen... but then again I'm only a frustrated fan...

Mousegriz said:
kemajic said:
The Stitt fan just never runs down; still butthurt. Jensen was always Stitt's man and he was not a winner.

Is Bobby's 4th year back as good as Stitt's first year? Maybe not...... he beat NDSU EWU and MSU.....and won a playoff game...with a totally bare cupboard that was Delaney's fault!

please God, not this again.

AZGrizFan said:
Mousegriz said:

Well Bobby won't beat EWU or NDSU this year.......and probably not MSU (for the 3rd time since he's been "back"). May not make the playoffs. When's does the honeymoon end for him?

AZGrizFan said:
Mousegriz said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am astonished that their defense stacks the box with 8 sometimes 9 and we try to run it right at them. Makes you wonder what’s the OC thinking. But I’m not the coach, obviously he has more football sense after all he’s getting paid for it. Just an observation. Hope it all gets figured out soon as I bleed maroon and silver and I want the Griz to succeed just as they do. I support the Griz now and forever.

Mousegriz said:

I will say that for overall roster, Stitt left less than what he inherited.

Mousegriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Well Bobby won't beat EWU or NDSU this year.......and probably not MSU (for the 3rd time since he's been "back"). May not make the playoffs. When's does the honeymoon end for him?

It seems that mouse doesn't really want people to take him serious.

GrizTexas said:
kemajic said:

You would think one of those 3 wide out sets we start in would be perfect a wide receiver screen... but then again I'm only a frustrated fan...

Even a simple shovel pass a time or two would have gone for 20 yards and made them play more honest....just about no risk in that pass GEZZ......

HelenaHandBasket said:
Mousegriz said:

That's kind of a bizarre thing to say looking at these players who committed / came aboard in the Stitt era.

1. Jerry Louie-McGee
2. Dante Olson
3. Jace Lewis
4. Samori Toure
5. Samuel Akem
6. Mitch Roberts
7. Cam Humphrey
8. Keenan Curran
9. Gabe Sulser (don’t know if you can really count him because he was always going to um no matter who the head coach was)
10. Malik Flowers
11. Jesse Sims (also like Sulser probably would have gone griz no matter who the head coach was)
12. Josh Buss
13. Patrick O’Connell
14. Conlan Beaver
15. Deming brothers
16. Alex Gubner
17. Josh Sandry

The reality is, Hauck isn't the great coach many here think he is. A great coach would not have hired top assistants in the twilight of their career who are no longer hungry and whose aspirations for climbing the coaching ladder are long in the rearview mirror. Your OC and DC are just trading their time for a paycheck.

Mousegriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Give Stitt a call; he's likely selling used cars.

Cledus said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

That's kind of a bizarre thing to say looking at these players who committed / came aboard in the Stitt era.

1. Jerry Louie-McGee
2. Dante Olson
3. Jace Lewis
4. Samori Toure
5. Samuel Akem
6. Mitch Roberts
7. Cam Humphrey
8. Keenan Curran
9. Gabe Sulser (don’t know if you can really count him because he was always going to um no matter who the head coach was)
10. Malik Flowers
11. Jesse Sims (also like Sulser probably would have gone griz no matter who the head coach was)
12. Josh Buss
13. Patrick O’Connell
14. Conlan Beaver
15. Deming brothers
16. Alex Gubner
17. Josh Sandry

The reality is, Hauck isn't the great coach many here think he is. A great coach would not have hired top assistants in the twilight of their career who are no longer hungry and whose aspirations for climbing the coaching ladder are long in the rearview mirror. Your OC and DC are just trading their time for a paycheck.

Yet Stitt had his best season, his first, with the guys that Delaney left him. Also, not sure what that statement had to do with Hauck.

Mousegriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Are you just completely ignoring the fact that we are severely injured on offense? This is what's driving me crazy. People think this team sucks, but would they really suck if we had Cam, Knight and Ostmo all available the entire season? Cause I predict that we would've won on Saturday and we probably would've beat Eastern as well. It's one bad game, let it fucking go and hope that we get healthy, cause if we do, this team will be night and day better. Stop pretending like the team is at full strength right now, cause we're not even close.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Mousegriz said:

Started as tongue in cheek but the more I think of it not so sure. If Stitt were coaching this year's team and it was performing like it has the past couple weeks he'd be hung.

But on this board.....no one but me seems to wonder about (or even mention) the head guy at all. I'm truly concerned about the future. Why are the Griz better next year than this? Which conference teams have huge falloffs from this year? Which improve? Why do Griz fans think the team's "talent' is so off the charts all the time? Why in the hell did Hauck act so smug and cocky back in April?

Can't recall the exact quote but something like: "The rest of the nation should taking note of the return of the evil empire!" . It was April! after big wins vs. Portland State and CWU??

Did see he squeaked out a "it starts with me" quote this weekend. Such a humble guy!

retiredfan said:
I am astonished that their defense stacks the box with 8 sometimes 9 and we try to run it right at them. Makes you wonder what’s the OC thinking. But I’m not the coach, obviously he has more football sense after all he’s getting paid for it. Just an observation. Hope it all gets figured out soon as I bleed maroon and silver and I want the Griz to succeed just as they do. I support the Griz now and forever.
It would be different if we had a running game and a RB like Knight. This just in, we don't. And we seem to be in denial. Our 330 lb OL men are equipped for pass protection, not run blocking which requires foot quickness. We wind up with pillow fights that don't result in holes. The SacSt defense did not look surprised at anything we did.

Mousegriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Started as tongue in cheek but the more I think of it not so sure. If Stitt were coaching this year's team and it was performing like it has the past couple weeks he'd be hung.

But on this board.....no one but me seems to wonder about (or even mention) the head guy at all. I'm truly concerned about the future. Why are the Griz better next year than this? Which conference teams have huge falloffs from this year? Which improve? Why do Griz fans think the team's "talent' is so off the charts all the time? Why in the hell did Hauck act so smug and cocky back in April?

Can't recall the exact quote but something like: "The rest of the nation should taking note of the return of the evil empire!" . It was April! after big wins vs. Portland State and CWU??

Did see he squeaked out a "it starts with me" quote this weekend. Such a humble guy!

I have mentioned the head guy multiple times, and still stand by the statement that Stitt was the worst Head Coach at UM since maybe Gene Carlson.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Mousegriz said:

I have mentioned the head guy multiple times, and still stand by the statement that Stitt was the worst Head Coach at UM since maybe Gene Carlson.

Larry Donovan was worse.

Griz til I die said:
Mousegriz said:
Are you just completely ignoring the fact that we are severely injured on offense? This is what's driving me crazy. People think this team sucks, but would they really suck if we had Cam, Knight and Ostmo all available the entire season? Cause I predict that we would've won on Saturday and we probably would've beat Eastern as well. It's one bad game, let it fucking go and hope that we get healthy, cause if we do, this team will be night and day better. Stop pretending like the team is at full strength right now, cause we're not even close.

It’s 10 straight quarters. Not one game. And If you’re counting Cam, Knight and Ostmo to ride in on their white horses and save us, you’re just going to end ups disappointed. Cam is out another two weeks minimum, and Knight MAY be back for the playoffs, and that’s IF we make the playoffs.

Latest posts

Back