• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pre Season Polls

HookedonGriz said:
Athalon - Griz are 23
Hero - Griz are unranked

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/athlon-sports-preseason-fcs-top-25-2019?amp&__twitter_impression=true

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/football-2019-hero-sports-preseason-top-25-fcs-ajaj

They rank our Griz, but won’t project them in the playoffs...
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/projected-fcs-playoff-qualifiers-2019?fbclid=IwAR2Wqr_9fGNEOpV3TgIbR_1uT15GHphOtHGaB4Q3cY9MtWyURpLFV-to3Qs

Montana has way to many unknowns at this point to be considered a ranked team. The offensive line and corners come to mind not to mention running back, and the defensive line. That doesn’t mean they aren’t good or won’t surprise but are a wait and see bunch. Two obvious issues in Missoula that need addressed are turnovers and playing 4 quarters. To think msu doesn’t have concerns or are light years ahead of UM is just ridiculous. Even if they have won 3 in a row they surely haven’t done it in dominating fashion. Last year they made plays late in the game and we didn’t. Hats off to them and shame on Bobby and company. Bottom line is Montana will goes as far as the offensive line and corners go......

Go Griz!

CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
uofmman1122 said:
lol wut? :lol:
Yea and the other link says this:

The question is who will be QB1 and can Montana State threaten a defense through the air?

Combine the two and there’s so much depth that there is no starter. Wow. Mind blown.

It makes no sense. Move a guy from the most important position where he broke records and won awards, so that nobody in particular can take his place. Clearly Choach is following “The Plan” and not actually trying to win games. Straight out of the CDA playbook

I agree. Choate has absolutely no idea what he's doing.

I think you would do well to re-evaluate. I posit that Choachote knows precisely what he’s doing. He’s fooled us all, Bobs and Griz, to conclude he’s not that bright. In reality, he has his fan base and administration wrapped tightly around his sausage finger with one of the best played campaigns in the history of CFB.

I'm not buying it. In no way - shape - or form - does Choate have sausage fingers.

Figured I’d just rather C&P.
The Athlon projected playoff field...

Here is Athlon’s projected 2019 FCS playoff field (in alphabetical order):

Colgate (Patriot champ)
The only Patriot team with a winning record in each of the last two seasons outscored league foes 223-26 last year.

Duquesne (Northeast champ)
Running back A.J. Hines goes for a fourth straight 1,000-yard season for a squad that handled Towson in last year's playoffs.

Eastern Washington (Big Sky champ)
The 2018 FCS runner-up doesn't have the other three Big Sky playoff qualifiers (Weber State, UC Davis and Montana State) on its schedule.

Elon (at-large qualifier)
New head coach Tony Trisciani is tasked with a demanding schedule as the Phoenix go for a third straight playoff appearance.

Furman (at-large qualifier)
Winning the Southern Conference bid is preferred considering the Paladins' non-conference schedule (including two FBS opponents and one non-qualifying Division II team) may backfire.

Illinois State (at-large qualifier)
The Redbirds seek to overcome two disappointing seasons with 16 returning starters, led by senior running back James Robinson.

Indiana State (at-large qualifier)
Behind a five-game, season-ending winning streak, the Sycamores finished 7-4 — the biggest improvement in the FCS following a winless 2017 season.

Jacksonville State (Ohio Valley champ)
A non-conference visit by Eastern Washington helps to highlight the schedule of the five-time defending Ohio Valley champ.

James Madison (CAA champ)
The Dukes, who won the 2016 FCS title and was the runner-up two years ago, return 19 starters for head coach Curt Cignetti’s first season.

Kennesaw State (Big South champ)
The two-time defending Big South champ won more games last season (11) than it has returning starters (10).

Maine (at-large qualifier)
After being a surprise CAA champ, the Black Bears remain road warriors with seven games away from Alfond Stadium.

McNeese (at-large qualifier)
In a Southland Conference with experienced quarterbacks, new head coach Sterlin Gilbert will go up-tempo with Cody Orgeron, son of LSU coach Ed Orgeron.

ms kitties (at-large qualifier)
The Bobcats earned their first playoff win since 2012, but, in an oddity, co-Big Sky first-team quarterback Troy Anderson is switching back to linebacker.

Nicholls (Southland champ)
Um, Mr. Schedule Maker, the defending Southland co-champ isn't playing a home game until Oct. 5.

North Dakota State (Missouri Valley champ)
In the last eight postseasons, the seven-time FCS champion Bison have only played inside the Fargodome prior to the championship game in Frisco, Texas.

Northern Iowa (at-large qualifier)
Once again, the Panthers face a challenging non-conference schedule before jumping into the Missouri Valley schedule.

Sam Houston State (at-large qualifier)
Prior to last year's 6-5 record, the Bearkats had won at least nine games in seven consecutive seasons, reaching at least the FCS semifinals five times.

San Diego (Pioneer champ)
Head coach Dale Lindsey’s squad returns 13 starters and takes an FCS-high 29-game league winning streak into the season.

South Dakota State (at-large qualifier)
The Jackrabbits have reached the FCS semifinals in back-to-back years and have Missouri Valley powers North Dakota State and UNI at home this season.

Southeast Missouri (at-large qualifier)
Coming off their first playoff season since 2010, can the Redhawks survive their road schedule (Montana State, Missouri, Austin Peay, Jacksonville State, Tennessee State, and Eastern Illinois)?

Towson (at-large qualifier)
Ditto for the Tigers, who follow up their first playoff appearance since 2013 with road games against The Citadel, Maine, Florida, James Madison, Stony Brook, and William & Mary.

UC Davis (at-large qualifier)
Eddie Robinson Award-winning head coach Dan Hawkins has a lineup led by senior Jake Maier, ranked No. 1 among returning quarterbacks by Athlon.

Weber State (at-large qualifier)
The Wildcats, who have won a share of two straight Big Sky titles, will prep for conference play against San Diego State, Nevada and UNI.

Wofford (Southern champ)
A Nov. 2 matchup with FBS champ Clemson falls smack in the middle of the two-time defending champ's SoCon schedule.

I think the confusion definitely sits with the QB situation in Bozeman. I have been following the drama over there. The pipeline Choate has with the huskies and coach Petersen has really paid dividends for them. That kid they have coming this year, Williams a DE/LB is a wrecking machine. He was a starter for the Huskies so I have no idea how they got him. Unfortunately Chris Murray their only decent QB option is gone due to grades. Without him they will almost certainly be putting Troy Andersen back to QB because the other two they got are a joke. It will take them a couple games to figure out that they need to make the change AT QB and it will take TA a couple more games to spool back up as QB. Their season will be toast by then. We should continue to improve all year. Everyone knows I cannot stand Hauck but even with the tough schedule and his stubbornness we should still be on the upswing.

poorgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
Yea and the other link says this:

Combine the two and there’s so much depth that there is no starter. Wow. Mind blown.

It makes no sense. Move a guy from the most important position where he broke records and won awards, so that nobody in particular can take his place. Clearly Choach is following “The Plan” and not actually trying to win games. Straight out of the CDA playbook

I agree. Choate has absolutely no idea what he's doing.

I think you would do well to re-evaluate. I posit that Choachote knows precisely what he’s doing. He’s fooled us all, Bobs and Griz, to conclude he’s not that bright. In reality, he has his fan base and administration wrapped tightly around his sausage finger with one of the best played campaigns in the history of CFB.

I'm not buying it. In no way - shape - or form - does Choate have sausage fingers.

To the contrary, he does have them in both shape and form in that they are the shape and form of sausages. They hang from his ravioli hands.

indian-outlaw said:
I think the confusion definitely sits with the QB situation in Bozeman. I have been following the drama over there. The pipeline Choate has with the huskies and coach Petersen has really paid dividends for them. That kid they have coming this year, Williams a DE/LB is a wrecking machine. He was a starter for the Huskies so I have no idea how they got him. Unfortunately Chris Murray their only decent QB option is gone due to grades. Without him they will almost certainly be putting Troy Andersen back to QB because the other two they got are a joke. It will take them a couple games to figure out that they need to make the change AT QB and it will take TA a couple more games to spool back up as QB. Their season will be toast by then. We should continue to improve all year. Everyone knows I cannot stand Hauck but even with the tough schedule and his stubbornness we should still be on the upswing.

Normally you are accurate with your posts but you're a bit off on this one. Tucker Rovig is a pretty damn talented QB and he looked very good this Spring. He was the starter before he got injured, and CM didn't make grades, and TJ broke his foot, at which point TA was inserted as emergency QB. So you won't see TA back at QB unless Tucker and Casey Bauman both get injured and the 3 QBs behind them aren't ready to go, God forbid.

poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:

Normally you are accurate with your posts but you're a bit off on this one. Tucker Rovig is a pretty damn talented QB and he looked very good this Spring. He was the starter before he got injured, and CM didn't make grades, and TJ broke his foot, at which point TA was inserted as emergency QB. So you won't see TA back at QB unless Tucker and Casey Bauman both get injured and the 3 QBs behind them aren't ready to go, God forbid.
I understand all that, but I am really skeptical that Tucker Rovig or Casey Bauman will be ready to play this year. I think you are in for some serious pain breaking in one of those guys. I would think MSU would be easily capable of winning the BSC with Murry but without him I think you'll be back to TA at QB. We shall see if TR is capable or not.

poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:

How many games has Rovig started against opponents not named Wagner? How did that/those game(s) turn out?
How many snaps has Bauman taken in his career?

Why wouldn't every single Griz fan be pulling for Rovig to be leading the cats this year? I know I am, I would much rather have TA on defense. I don't want him anywhere near the ball when we are on defense.

retiredpopo said:
Why wouldn't every single Griz fan be pulling for Rovig to be leading the cats this year? I know I am, I would much rather have TA on defense. I don't want him anywhere near the ball when we are on defense.

I’m pulling for Baumman. If you really think about it, he would be the perfect starter for year 4. He has the pro style height and weight, and Choach can sell it as “grooming the QB of the future” to obfuscate the fact that he declined to bring in a QB who can toss it more than 15 yards.

CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:

How many games has Rovig started against opponents not named Wagner? How did that/those game(s) turn out?
How many snaps has Bauman taken in his career?

Why does that matter? MSU is committed to starting Anderson on defense and I can't wait to see what he can do there. Someone has to start at qb, and MSU can beat the griz without passing - literally with one hand tied behind the qb's back. Remember the 2 completion win 3 years ago? It was glorious! Rovig can throw the ball, and won't have to most of the time with the O line and running game. So really, go back to the sausage finger kiddy insults posts CDA.

retiredpopo said:

Have you looked at the Cats defense. Their achilles heal is their secondary if anything. They will be a run stopping machine and I am just fine with TA at QB. He is average there at best.

nzone said:
We’ll see skunk piss...

We will see indeed...That is the one great thing about sports, and pooping... You never know how it will end, but you always hope for the best.

CDAGRIZ said:
retiredpopo said:

I’m pulling for Baumman. If you really think about it, he would be the perfect starter for year 4. He has the pro style height and weight, and Choach can sell it as “grooming the QB of the future” to obfuscate the fact that he declined to bring in a QB who can toss it more than 15 yards.

I never want to play you at scrabble.

poorgriz said:
Tucker Rovig was the starter before he got injured, and CM didn't make grades, and TJ broke his foot, at which point TA was inserted as emergency QB.
This sentence is really funny. Not the kids getting hurt stuff, but everything else. Right out of the box it’s next level shit. TR is a starter before the season even starts? Keanu meme.
Then it builds from there. It’s like you can’t script it, but somehow it’s exactly according to “The Plan.” I bet Choach even planned the appendectomy. That bought him 3-4 games with the fanbase.
So an “emergency QB” breaks records and wins awards; Choach finally finds his qb but he purposely changes him. Can’t let the fans get too many wins because TA will be gone soon and then what? That’s why you stick to The Plan

Back