• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pre Season Polls

SACCAT66 said:
nzone said:
We’ll see skunk piss...

We will see indeed...That is the one great thing about sports, and pooping... You never know how it will end, but you always hope for the best.

that was funny right there, even for a cat fan named sacct,,,,, :lol:

indian-outlaw said:
I think the confusion definitely sits with the QB situation in Bozeman. I have been following the drama over there. The pipeline Choate has with the huskies and coach Petersen has really paid dividends for them. That kid they have coming this year, Williams a DE/LB is a wrecking machine. He was a starter for the Huskies so I have no idea how they got him. Unfortunately Chris Murray their only decent QB option is gone due to grades. Without him they will almost certainly be putting Troy Andersen back to QB because the other two they got are a joke. It will take them a couple games to figure out that they need to make the change AT QB and it will take TA a couple more games to spool back up as QB. Their season will be toast by then. We should continue to improve all year. Everyone knows I cannot stand Hauck but even with the tough schedule and his stubbornness we should still be on the upswing.

I don’t know that the Chris Murray status is decided over there yet. Summer school just started. If you are getting that from BN it seems to be just speculation at this point.

Bear Spray said:
CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:
I think the confusion definitely sits with the QB situation in Bozeman. I have been following the drama over there. The pipeline Choate has with the huskies and coach Petersen has really paid dividends for them. That kid they have coming this year, Williams a DE/LB is a wrecking machine. He was a starter for the Huskies so I have no idea how they got him. Unfortunately Chris Murray their only decent QB option is gone due to grades. Without him they will almost certainly be putting Troy Andersen back to QB because the other two they got are a joke. It will take them a couple games to figure out that they need to make the change AT QB and it will take TA a couple more games to spool back up as QB. Their season will be toast by then. We should continue to improve all year. Everyone knows I cannot stand Hauck but even with the tough schedule and his stubbornness we should still be on the upswing.

Normally you are accurate with your posts but you're a bit off on this one. Tucker Rovig is a pretty damn talented QB and he looked very good this Spring. He was the starter before he got injured, and CM didn't make grades, and TJ broke his foot, at which point TA was inserted as emergency QB. So you won't see TA back at QB unless Tucker and Casey Bauman both get injured and the 3 QBs behind them aren't ready to go, God forbid.

How many games has Rovig started against opponents not named Wagner? How did that/those game(s) turn out?
How many snaps has Bauman taken in his career?

Why does that matter? MSU is committed to starting Anderson on defense and I can't wait to see what he can do there. Someone has to start at qb, and MSU can beat the griz without passing - literally with one hand tied behind the qb's back. Remember the 2 completion win 3 years ago? It was glorious! Rovig can throw the ball, and won't have to most of the time with the O line and running game. So really, go back to the sausage finger kiddy insults posts CDA.

It doesn’t at all! A QB with zero or piss poor experience is right in line with The Plan. It’s not what any of us expected (I think most thought the staff shake-up would be the scapegoat this season), but I’ll be damned if it isn’t genius.

dayday said:
I don’t know that the Chris Murray status is decided over there yet. Summer school just started. If you are getting that from BN it seems to be just speculation at this point.

Au Contraire! Horribillus just posted his 'Shocker' thread, an article in the Gazette. The P.E. Major has left the program, and the building.

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
Tucker Rovig was the starter before he got injured, and CM didn't make grades, and TJ broke his foot, at which point TA was inserted as emergency QB.
This sentence is really funny. Not the kids getting hurt stuff, but everything else. Right out of the box it’s next level shit. TR is a starter before the season even starts? Keanu meme.
Then it builds from there. It’s like you can’t script it, but somehow it’s exactly according to “The Plan.” I bet Choach even planned the appendectomy. That bought him 3-4 games with the fanbase.
So an “emergency QB” breaks records and wins awards; Choach finally finds his qb but he purposely changes him. Can’t let the fans get too many wins because TA will be gone soon and then what? That’s why you stick to The Plan

Choate was ready to name Rovig the starter the week he broke his foot in practice, he has said this on record. That's where this "he was the starter" talk comes from.

Rovig stunk it up last spring, which is the whole reason Troy was even asked to come sling it over the summer, which turn into a QB battle which Troy ended up winning. Rovig progressed enough during the season that he was going to be named the starter for the next game (forget which) but that same week he broke his foot in practice. Troy had been taking reps with the defense that week of practice in anticipation.

But no matter how you spin it, the QB situation since Choate arrived has been mediocre and that's a generous description. Murray was an Ash recruit so if literally the best QB recruited under your watch so far in 3 years is Troy Andersen, who wasn't even recruited to play QB, you've failed pretty miserable in this area. Bruggman was a big whiff, Jonsen was a whiff at QB, and the jury is still very much out on Rovig and Bauman.

The Bobcats are traditionally ranked in the top 5 in preseason polls. This must be a down year perhaps in light of having a QB question mark. Even leaderless and adrift, they make the top 20, so all is well. Check back in November. #trailoftears.

CatzWillRise said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
Tucker Rovig was the starter before he got injured, and CM didn't make grades, and TJ broke his foot, at which point TA was inserted as emergency QB.
This sentence is really funny. Not the kids getting hurt stuff, but everything else. Right out of the box it’s next level shit. TR is a starter before the season even starts? Keanu meme.
Then it builds from there. It’s like you can’t script it, but somehow it’s exactly according to “The Plan.” I bet Choach even planned the appendectomy. That bought him 3-4 games with the fanbase.
So an “emergency QB” breaks records and wins awards; Choach finally finds his qb but he purposely changes him. Can’t let the fans get too many wins because TA will be gone soon and then what? That’s why you stick to The Plan

Choate was ready to name Rovig the starter the week he broke his foot in practice, he has said this on record. That's where this "he was the starter" talk comes from.

It's so obvious and I can't believe others don't get it. He was totally a starter because coach Choad was ready to name him so until he didn't... Duh!!!

go96griz said:
CatzWillRise said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:

It's so obvious and I can't believe others don't get it. He was totally a starter because coach Choad was ready to name him so until he didn't... Duh!!!

But, as we have learned from some Cat posters over the years; in Bozeman, the back-ups are often better than the starters. And, in this case, Murray, the back-up, was better.

PlayerRep said:
go96griz said:
CatzWillRise said:
garizzalies said:

But, as we have learned from some Cat posters over the years; in Bozeman, the back-ups are often better than the starters. And, in this case, Murray, the back-up, was better.

He was, but now he left and there's a NEW backup, who's also better. And better than Murray was too.

PlayerRep said:
go96griz said:
CatzWillRise said:
garizzalies said:

Did I miss something? When was Murry ever a backup? He could run circles around anybody else on their roster, including TA as far as QB goes.

indian-outlaw said:
PlayerRep said:
go96griz said:
CatzWillRise said:

Did I miss something? When was Murry ever a backup? He could run circles around anybody else on their roster, including TA as far as QB goes.

He was a Back-up his freshman year for the first couple games. Took over for Bruggman after a couple games I believe.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
go96griz said:
CatzWillRise said:

He was, but now he left and there's a NEW backup, who's also better. And better than Murray was too.

You are starting to catch on... As the Griz like to say..."We didn't want him anyways" ;)

SACCAT66 said:
indian-outlaw said:
PlayerRep said:
go96griz said:

He was a Back-up his freshman year for the first couple games. Took over for Bruggman after a couple games I believe.

I thought Murray took over for the QB the Cats had who went to the Ducks? (Prukop)

SACCAT66 said:
indian-outlaw said:
PlayerRep said:
go96griz said:

Yes I believe that is right. But what I was trying to point out was that people were not saying that Murry was better than the cat starter when he was the backup and I don't think that claim was ever made. At least I think PR was implying that.

SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
go96griz said:

You are starting to catch on... As the Griz like to say..."We didn't want him anyways" ;)

Absolutely. I think you guys definitely found "the guy" in Rovig. No reason to think otherwise with his extensive resume of doing well in drills and the fact that he was going to be the starter. Game experience? Pssh. Games aren't even played in the pre-season. "That's why you do the drills".

reinell30 said:
SACCAT66 said:
indian-outlaw said:
PlayerRep said:

I thought Murray took over for the QB the Cats had who went to the Ducks? (Prukop)

Nope. Bruggman took over the year after Prukop left...Lasted about 3 games, and Murray started from then on.

SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
go96griz said:

My two cents, but I think "We didn't want him anyway" is more genuine and original!

Back