• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pregame

3-7-77 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
This discussion honestly reminds me of when I was about 11 or 12 watching the brawl in Bozeman. Kid in front of me was maybe 7 and there with his grandpa. Old loudmouth hardo (you know the type). Anyway, during a media timeout, the students started hitting around a giant beach ball on the piss stain side. Little kid goes, “Grandpa, look at that huge ball!” Dickhead goes, “Not now [name], we’re here to watch the game. If you want to do that stuff, I’ll take you home.” Kid was so embarrassed. Probably never went to another game.

Memorial Day is a time of memories. Now I think you have provided an answer to a question I've had for the past few years. While tending to my parents grave site, I've noticed flowers and other things left at grave sites. Then, one year there was this beach ball. Looks like 'gramps' finally died and the kid is finally getting his PTSD addressed.

Yeah, I applaud the grandfather for shutting the kid down. That youngster learned an important lesson that day: College football games are not supposed to be fun for kids during media timeouts, or any other time. Those rotten kids have to learn that it's serious business out there. Don't even enter the stadium if you're not tracking 3rd down stats as a 7yo. Gotta build the future.

CDAGRIZ said:
3-7-77 said:
Memorial Day is a time of memories. Now I think you have provided an answer to a question I've had for the past few years. While tending to my parents grave site, I've noticed flowers and other things left at grave sites. Then, one year there was this beach ball. Looks like 'gramps' finally died and the kid is finally getting his PTSD addressed.

Yeah, I applaud the grandfather for shutting the kid down. That youngster learned an important lesson that day: College football games are not supposed to be fun for kids during media timeouts, or any other time. Those rotten kids have to learn that it's serious business out there. Don't even enter the stadium if you're not tracking 3rd down stats as a 7yo. Gotta build the future.

We need more bad grandfathers in this world.

I was just at a Vikings home game. 73,000 fans there .. I will reach out to the organization and tell them all the money they spent on pre-game and in-game entertainment is a waste. Fans aren’t there for that … 😁

putter said:
I was just at a Vikings home game. 73,000 fans there .. I will reach out to the organization and tell them all the money they spent on pre-game and in-game entertainment is a waste. Fans aren’t there for that … 😁

Thank you. Please do. If you aren't there for the Xs and Os, then just stay home and watch cartoons. I feel the same every time I go to an Angels game with my daughters. They are always excited for homeruns and pyrotechnics. Do they jump out of their seats for a sac fly to center that advances the runners? No! They want to get pizza or nachos or take a break and walk around the concourse during the 7th inning stretch of a riveting pitching duel. They should be in their seats filling out scorecards like the real fans.

Griz til I die said:
This new Monte stinks. I know the old Monte who graduated in May and the kid did an outstanding job. This new Monte is very uninspiring.

Wait, what the old Monte graduated? That's great is he working at Walmart with the rest of the university of montana grads.

KJB said:
Griz til I die said:
This new Monte stinks. I know the old Monte who graduated in May and the kid did an outstanding job. This new Monte is very uninspiring.

Wait, what the old Monte graduated? That's great is he working at Walmart with the rest of the university of montana grads.

I bet this was really funny in your head beforehand.

CDAGRIZ said:
KJB said:

I bet this was really funny in your head beforehand.
Also, some of us have degrees from MSU and worked at Walmart so…

We brought 3 grandkids to the game. It was clear that our new Monte is not as present and active as Monte's of the past. One can assume that we didn't have a student that was as athletic and talented as Monte's of the past apply or solicit the position. It is a big time commitment and I believe they have actually had more than one student fill the roll.

All that said, Monte's entry was always a huge part of the game day experience. I hope they can correct the issue.

Latest posts

Back