• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Question about official reviews

grizpaws said:
Fahque said:
grizpaws said:
bgbigdog said:
[media] https://twitter.com/skylinesportsmt/status/1193270585498800128?s=21[/media]

So it may not be simply a BSC problem.

If I'm reading the rules right, it seems the home team can determine if there will be replay review. Are we not having review available?

The way I read the rules, I believe it is the home team that determines if replay will be utilized during the game, not whether any individual play will be reviewed to sleep. Maybe that's exactly what you just said.

That's what I meant to say...I would assume if the home team elects to have replay, then both teams have the right to have a "qualifying" play reviewed. Anyone know why we wouldn't have replay?

The monkey died?

get'em_griz said:
1972 said:
bgbigdog said:
[media] https://twitter.com/skylinesportsmt/status/1193270585498800128?s=21[/media]

I could be wrong, but I think I remember a play later in the game being reviewed? Did that not happen?

Yes there was a play on Saturday that was reviewed. I think the Skyline tweet was referring to the EWU game that didn't have review available.

This quote is about the Idaho receiver though? That game was Saturday. I remember thinking that maybe they didn't have review, then later in the game I thought there was a play reviewed.

cclarkblues said:
grizpaws said:
Fahque said:
grizpaws said:
If I'm reading the rules right, it seems the home team can determine if there will be replay review. Are we not having review available?

The way I read the rules, I believe it is the home team that determines if replay will be utilized during the game, not whether any individual play will be reviewed to sleep. Maybe that's exactly what you just said.

That's what I meant to say...I would assume if the home team elects to have replay, then both teams have the right to have a "qualifying" play reviewed. Anyone know why we wouldn't have replay?

The monkey died?

:clap:

Replay availability is not determined by the home team. It is mandated by the Big Sky Conference that replay is available and used at all games regardless of location.

1972 said:
get'em_griz said:
1972 said:
bgbigdog said:

I could be wrong, but I think I remember a play later in the game being reviewed? Did that not happen?

Yes there was a play on Saturday that was reviewed. I think the Skyline tweet was referring to the EWU game that didn't have review available.

This quote is about the Idaho receiver though? That game was Saturday. I remember thinking that maybe they didn't have review, then later in the game I thought there was a play reviewed.

The first quote, yes. The second quote where it says "Replay was not available last home game in Missoula" was in reference to the EWU game.

get'em_griz said:
1972 said:
get'em_griz said:
1972 said:

The first quote, yes. The second quote where it says "Replay was not available last home game in Missoula" was in reference to the EWU game.

Thanks! :thumb:

What’s frustrating (but hardly surprising) about this kind of crap is that nothing is ever done about it, so nothing ever changes. In another thread Jon Kasper admitted that not reviewing that play was an error (thank you Capn Obvious). But no action has been taken against the crew.

In the Pac-12, where officiating is horrible (no where NEAR bsc horrible, of course, but that’s a given), they openly reprimand and take punitive action against crews who mess up. They regularly suspend officials and have press releases about the error and the suspension. Until you start holding these crews accountable, what’s the incentive to improve??

In the meantime, I won’t be holding my breath, because, well, #bsc.

Back