• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rachac tweets Jordan Johnson is expelled

Dillon said:
So RUMOR has it!

Unfortunately in this day and age a couple of small providers of news (e.g. blogs, student newspapers) usually leads to a story in a small/regional paper (i.e Missoulian) and then is thrust into the larger media stream. You have to give the Missoulian some credit for not printing this ….although I relaize that could change at any moment.

JBS said:
Growler1 said:
JBS said:
Herd said:
Need I remind you that being afforded the opportunity to play college football on a full ride scholarship for the simple requirement to work hard and be a descent citizen is not too much to ask for any student athlete. The mere allogations of improprienty should be enough to remove this player from any athletic endeavor at UM. The fact that some of you think a conviction is needed before a kid could be removed from a sports team or even the university is propsterous. Some of you really need to be examining your moral compass. The "standard of proof"? Wow
If this is the case, I,m going to start work on inventing entire new offensive and defensive schemes, both of them called the "blanket accusation formation". Accuse all players of rape, all are removed from the team, and I win by forfeit every week. Sound stupid to you? No stupider than what you wrote.

No, it's definitely stupider
Hey, your back!! I hope you can last longer today.

I can last. Ask your wife

Tokyogriz said:
FCS Go! said:
GRIZ737 said:
.... If you are unwilling to let the facts and evidence play out, then let's publish the accuser's name at the same time as the accused.

The problem with this idea is perfectly illustrated by what has happened on eGriz- the accuser becomes the focus of the allegation.

The questions turn to things like:
What is the accuser's motivation for the allegation? What did the accuser do to get herself in this situation? Could the accuser have prevented the situation from happening in the first place? What is the accuser trying to hide? Why doesn't the accuser come forward into the public eye? Who is behind the accuser, directing her into making these allegations? Is the accuser mentally unstable? How many sex partners has the accused had?

The alleged perpetrator is essentially ignored as his motivation and agenda is easy for all to understand and is socially accepted as being "normal/understandable/OK"- he wants to get laid.

The only time that the accuser even comes close to getting fair treatment in the public eye is if she is severely injured or dead. Even then many people will bring up the usual questions about whether or not she was "asking for it" by the way she dressed, how much alcohol she drank and so on.

This is complete and utter bullshit.

In fact in modern day women are actually more empowered than a man overall. The reality is a man is in fact guilty in the public eye whenever the accusation of rape is thrown out there. This JJ case is in fact a perfect example of this. How many of the posters are on here say JJ deserves this, JJ in fact brought this on himself, JJ blah blah blah. The people saying JJ deserves this in fact KNOW NOTHING about what actually happened, they have no actual evidence other than JJ is a man and in their eye is automatically guilty of any sexual accusation.

Your not interested in actual justice your only interested in assuming the guilt of this young man with no actual evidence known on your part.

I have never said the woman in question here deserved anything or in fact is being unhonest. The truth is I dont know if she or JJ are in fact being honest or if both are somewere inbetween the truth with a drunken version of reality on both sides.

So far the worst offenders are the JJ is guilty hang em now crowd IMO for assuming guilt. The he-man woman haters arent helping either and to say the woman is lying is not right either.

As far as we all know THEY BOTH MAY BE LYING. This is why the investigation should be allowed to run its course before either one of them is judged guilty of any crime or lying. But sadly that is not the case for JJ is it. His punishment is being dealt out right now without any truth being known because he is a man. The same cant be said for the woman can it.

I think tarring & feathering Engstrom would solve everything, right dude?

To Ursa Major & billings_poke. To you, roasting an "accused" all over the media and web by an "un-named accuser" is justified? What the hell is wrong with women who are, or think, they are assaulted? Call the police for cryin' out load, harvest your evidence, bring charges, and go to court. If you are right, you win. Wrong, deal with the consequences. Anonymous accusers are as ridiculous as all of our fake names on eGriz! If one is too cowardly to stand up and fight for injustice in the courts, then shut the hell up.

RABIDAWG said:
To Ursa Major & billings_poke. To you, roasting an "accused" all over the media and web by an "un-named accuser" is justified? What the hell is wrong with women who are, or think, they are assaulted? Call the police for cryin' out load, harvest your evidence, bring charges, and go to court. If you are right, you win. Wrong, deal with the consequences. Anonymous accusers are as ridiculous as all of our fake names on eGriz! If one is too cowardly to stand up and fight for injustice in the courts, then shut the hell up.

Rabiddawg,
It is this simple, women who will be named in a rape/sexual assault are less likely to step forward to file a police report if their names will be splashed in the news. That is why the Jane Doe/anonymous laws exist. I'm sure you would agree if you had a daughter/mom/sister in the same situation that you would not want her identity made public. I understand your sentiment around falsely accusing someone. Nobody wants that crap. But we all want victims of rape to step forward and those that are guilty punished. I don't believe the accused should be named either until there are charges filed or a verdict rendered. These are not easy, black and white answers here. Rape is a terrible crime and so is falsely accusing someone of that action. We want victims to be able to step forward. Unfortunately some people will take advantage of this and innocent people will be victimized and accused by doing this. If I had a better answer I would say it. This is not an easy thing, protecting a potenial victim of rape or someone who is potentially falsely accused. It seems to be the best course we have albeit troubling.

Ursa Major said:
RABIDAWG said:

Rabiddawg,
It is this simple, women who will be named in a rape/sexual assault are less likely to step forward to file a police report if their names will be splashed in the news. That is why the Jane Doe/anonymous laws exist. I'm sure you would agree if you had a daughter/mom/sister in the same situation that you would not want her identity made public. I understand your sentiment around falsely accusing someone. Nobody wants that crap. But we all want victims of rape to step forward and those that are guilty punished. I don't believe the accused should be named either until there are charges filed or a verdict rendered. These are not easy, black and white answers here. Rape is a terrible crime and so is falsely accusing someone of that action. We want victims to be able to step forward. Unfortunately some people will take advantage of this and innocent people will be victimized and accused by doing this. If I had a better answer I would say it. This is not an easy thing, protecting a potenial victim of rape or someone who is potentially falsely accused. It seems to be the best course we have albeit troubling.

OK Ursa....truce! You do make a good point. A lot of frustration all around here.

RABIDAWG said:
Ursa Major said:
RABIDAWG said:

Rabiddawg,

OK Ursa....truce! You do make a good point. A lot of frustration all around here.

Rabiddawg, I appreciate your civility! I hear where you are coming from too!

this is and has been the problem. out of the 80 so-called rapes ONLY ONE women collected and saved the clothes she was wearing that night and what did the MPD do NOTHING! every other women waited weeks if not months to report it and WHO did they report it to NOT MPD but the missoulian writer, so yes that is why i do not believe them. the girl that got gang raped(read her blog) does not know any of her assilants after the first person(the person who walked her home) and that person WAS NOT FOOTBALL PLAYER. so to say it was four football players is just wrong! Again women if this happens to you GET HELP THAT DAY!!! :eek:

grizzpaw said:
this is and has been the problem. out of the 80 so-called rapes ONLY ONE women collected and saved the clothes she was wearing that night and what did the MPD do NOTHING! every other women waited weeks if not months to report it and WHO did they report it to NOT MPD but the missoulian writer, so yes that is why i do not believe them. the girl that got gang raped(read her blog) does not know any of her assilants after the first person(the person who walked her home) and that person WAS NOT FOOTBALL PLAYER. so to say it was four football players is just wrong! Again women if this happens to you GET HELP THAT DAY!!! :eek:

Don't know about all your facts but you did point out the problem, even with "evidence" the victims can get more help from the Missoulian than either the University or MPD and THATS the problem.

tnt said:
grizzpaw said:

Don't know about all your facts but you did point out the problem, even with "evidence" the victims can get more help from the Missoulian than either the University or MPD and THATS the problem.

If you don't know all the facts, how do you know this to be true?

coyote said:
tnt said:
grizzpaw said:

No one does, but that is the reason the Feds are in Missoula.

And reading some these comments in here is pretty appalling. I mean telling a women who was just raped, one of the most horrifying and tragic events a woman can go through, that if she doesn't have the "courage" to report it as soon as it happened or save her clothes, then she should just "shut the hell up"?

Women can face a lot of scrutiny, ridicule, anger, for reporting a rape. It isn't as easy as just reporting it, standing up for justice.

I doubt any of you know what it is like to be in a woman's shoes who has been raped. But I have known a couple women who were, and I know first-hand how life-changing and devastating it can be.

I am not saying anyone is guilty or innocent yet. I know that women don't report rape to the police on a national scale, for many reasons, and one of them is the fact that they do not believe the legal system will give them a fair treatment.

I know you understand rape because in a way, we having been doing that to your football team for decades. I understand your bias. ;)

CatzWillRise said:
coyote said:
tnt said:
grizzpaw said:

And reading some these comments in here is pretty appalling. I mean telling a women who was just raped, one of the most horrifying and tragic events a woman can go through, that if she doesn't have the "courage" to report it as soon as it happened or save her clothes, then she should just "shut the hell up"?

Women can face a lot of scrutiny, ridicule, anger, for reporting a rape. It isn't as easy as just reporting it, standing up for justice.

I doubt any of you know what it is like to be in a woman's shoes who has been raped. But I have known a couple women who were, and I know first-hand how life-changing and devastating it can be.

I am not saying anyone is guilty or innocent yet. I know that women don't report rape to the police on a national scale, for many reasons, and one of them is the fact that they do not believe the legal system will give them a fair treatment.

Most of us know women that have been raped and the problems it creates. Labeling someone a sexual offender and ruining a University's reputation is no small potatoes either. If it is determined it is deserved the damage is done. If it is determined there is more behind the scenes and it was a good story, the damage is done. The men accused will be scarred for life either way. Raped women are scared for life. Anonymous women that were willing partners ??? There is no easy answer. Change is happening, but I don't believe anywhere else as fast as it is happening in Missoula, MT.

coyote said:
tnt said:
grizzpaw said:

An independent Investigation commissioned by the University, found it to be true. Follow up unprecedented investigation by the DOJ based on victim reports and the independent investigation indicates there may be a "wee bit of a problem" A Title IX investigation being concurrently held indicates a problem. The BOR demanding and approving new sexual assault program seems to be addressing a problem. Mandatory training of employees and administrators suggests they have problem in how they are performing. And now a mandatory on line class for all students on the matter suggests that the administration thinks there is a problem. And even the presidents statement to the effect "that we could have done better" suggests some kind of a problem.

But the real problem seems to be the few (thank god its a few) who think the whole thing is about football.

crackgina said:
I know you understand rape because in a way, we having been doing that to your football team for decades. I understand your bias. ;)
I have been telling them the same thing word for word on their site for years....very accurate and funny stuff.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

CatzWillRise said:
coyote said:
tnt said:
grizzpaw said:

i know you went to bozo, but in the real world it's called DNA! hard to hide from that! :eek:

tnt said:
coyote said:
tnt said:
grizzpaw said:

An independent Investigation commissioned by the University, found it to be true. Follow up unprecedented investigation by the DOJ based on victim reports and the independent investigation indicates there may be a "wee bit of a problem" A Title IX investigation being concurrently held indicates a problem. The BOR demanding and approving new sexual assault program seems to be addressing a problem. Mandatory training of employees and administrators suggests they have problem in how they are performing. And now a mandatory on line class for all students on the matter suggests that the administration thinks there is a problem. And even the presidents statement to the effect "that we could have done better" suggests some kind of a problem.

But the real problem seems to be the few (thank god its a few) who think the whole thing is about football.

Typical incorrect and misleading post from TNT. In the various UM forums, various former victims spoke up to say that the university system of assisting with sexual assaults was good. No independent investigation found anything other than UM's issues with sexual assault are similar to what occurs on most other college campuses. The recent new sexual assault policies adopted by the BOR are for the entire Montana university system, not just UM. Of the Montana university system including UM can do better. But saying the university can do better is not the same as saying the university has been doing poorly. Yes, the DOJ investigations will go over everything with a fine tooth comb. Of course, they will find some things that can or should be done better. Even if it turned out there wasn't much to improve, the investigation would still find areas to improve. Otherwise, it would look like the investigations were just a big waste of time and money.

Back