• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rachac tweets Jordan Johnson is expelled

BDizzle said:
So lets say the University Court did decide to expel JJ last week and that is where Rachac got his "sources". I was reading the Student Handbook and it says the next step is to go to the President. Also see that it says he must make his decision in 10 working days from the date of the letter. So should we know for sure in about 2 weeks? Or if RE agrees with the University Court would the next step for JJ to appeal to the BOR? I wonder how long this is going to take one way or another? Two weeks, a month, first day of fall semester, first game???

The beginning of summer/fall camp. Unless, there is progress, one way or the other.

BDizzle said:
So lets say the University Court did decide to expel JJ last week and that is where Rachac got his "sources". I was reading the Student Handbook and it says the next step is to go to the President. Also see that it says he must make his decision in 10 working days from the date of the letter. So should we know for sure in about 2 weeks? Or if RE agrees with the University Court would the next step for JJ to appeal to the BOR? I wonder how long this is going to take one way or another? Two weeks, a month, first day of fall semester, first game??? You would think they would want this figured out one way or another so the University and JJ can move on. I'm guessing if he gets expelled without any actual criminal charges being brought he will want to and be allowed to transfer to another school to play football. So many different scenarios... :rule: :puppy:
I think Royce will drag his feet as long as possible. If charges are filed it will be a no brainier for him. If they are not he will have to actually look at the evidence presented at the code of conduct hearing and do his job and take the heat either way. This is a code of conduct issue and the burden of proof is not beyond a reasonable doubt.

PTGrizzly said:
So...does anybody actually know what's going on with this whole situation?

What situation?

I am more concerned with Rabid making sandwiches right now..........remember Snap likes extra starch.

:coffee:

Skookum-Jim said:
BDizzle said:
So lets say the University Court did decide to expel JJ last week and that is where Rachac got his "sources". I was reading the Student Handbook and it says the next step is to go to the President. Also see that it says he must make his decision in 10 working days from the date of the letter. So should we know for sure in about 2 weeks? Or if RE agrees with the University Court would the next step for JJ to appeal to the BOR? I wonder how long this is going to take one way or another? Two weeks, a month, first day of fall semester, first game??? You would think they would want this figured out one way or another so the University and JJ can move on. I'm guessing if he gets expelled without any actual criminal charges being brought he will want to and be allowed to transfer to another school to play football. So many different scenarios... :rule: :puppy:
I think Royce will drag his feet as long as possible. If charges are filed it will be a no brainier for him. If they are not he will have to actually look at the evidence presented at the code of conduct hearing and do his job and take the heat either way. This is a code of conduct issue and the burden of proof is not beyond a reasonable doubt.

The code of conduct needs changed and will most likely be changed due to the rage of many alumns, students and people of Montana if this injustice is carried out as it stands now. The burden of proof does matter in our society. Royce and the BOR will find this out the hard way if it comes to it.

Tokyogriz said:
Skookum-Jim said:
BDizzle said:

The code of conduct needs changed and will most likely be changed due to the rage of many alumns, students and people of Montana if this injustice is carried out as it stands now. The burden of proof does matter in our society. Royce and the BOR will find this out the hard way if it comes to it.

+1
time for things to change at UM and it starts at the top. UM has such poor leadership and the BOR is no better. this is what happens when you just give to much power to people, who in the past showed poor judgement running our higher ed in helena.

PTGrizzly said:

Yes, but they don't hang out on egriz. Stay tuned, prepare for the worst so you won't be surprised if/when shit hits the fan.

GRZFTBL said:
PTGrizzly said:

Yes, but they don't hang out on egriz. Stay tuned, prepare for the worst so you won't be surprised if/when shit hits the fan.

And is it possible that a reporter in a rush to get the "scoop" failed to confirm his story and got burned by a "source" Several of the more responsible reporters in the state held the story until they could confirm it and said so over the weekend.

In the meantime, a "tweeting reporter" significantly increased his followers, said oops and moved on, unlike egriz.

Tokyogriz said:
Skookum-Jim said:
BDizzle said:

ZZZZZZZZZZ !

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
PTGrizzly said:

What situation?

I am more concerned with Rabid making sandwiches right now..........remember Snap likes extra starch.

:coffee:

The "Yoo hoo, look at me!" boy after more than 14K mostly useless posts could only hope to match the lady's thoughtful words - once.

BWahlberg said:
The rumor about #Griz QB Jordan Johnson is true. He has been expelled from UM. #whatamess

ordigger said:
Fritz tweets the same...

Fritz_Neighbor A long day in the snow and wind is capped by confirmation that Jordan Johnson has been expelled by UM. doubt this ends anything. #Griz

Since when did tweets by these two idiots replace journalism?

And when Rachac says that the above tweet (quoted by Wahlberg) wasn't "100% true," which part of it was true?

If I was guessing the closest thing to true is that the "committee" felt there was an Honor Code Violation and referred it to the next step.

Keep in mind other players were in the same position went the next step and were expelled and ultimately were reinstated by the appeals committee. Its not quite a kangaroo Court. The "Honor Committee" more like a grand Jury in most of the country or preliminary hearing (in Montana) they decide essential that it is highly possible that there was a "violation" then it goes to the the Deans office and possibly the president and then an appeals committee. The rumor got started by a bad assumption of what the Honor committee may or may not have determined as being an actual action.

I think it might be a good idea for journalists to back off tweeting. I appreciate tweets for score updates, but for reporting facts, it is a rather poor journalistic tool. Or it is a good tool not used properly. Not really sure in this case. Case in point. Last week in Great Falls, there was a tweet by the local news station that a man entered the school and tazed a teacher. It was then changed to confronting a teacher and threatening to taze him to the teachers confronting him outside and him showing them a tazer before he ran off.

Point is, that a rush to be the first out with the information can sometimes lead to less than the full story. I think twitter could lead to some real rush to judgement situations. The journalists are only partly to blame the rest lies with the rest of us who demand immediate answers and then do our part to spread it like wildfire on message boards.

Haven't lived in Montana for a long time, and I don't read everything posted on this site, but I have just one question: Who the hell is Rachac and why should anyone care?

tourist said:
Haven't lived in Montana for a long time, and I don't read everything posted on this site, but I have just one question: Who the hell is Rachac and why should anyone care?
You must not follow your grizzles to close then. Rachac is the biggest griz homer reporter in the state. I teed it up for you boys now hit it! :D

MooUBaby said:
tourist said:
You must not follow your grizzles to close then. Rachac is the biggest griz homer reporter in the state. I teed it up for you boys now hit it! :D

Nah. Too easy.

MooUBaby said:
tourist said:

Haha. You guys were all lining up ready to give him handjobs over on bobcatnation after his positive writeups on Ash and the team.

BDizzle said:
MooUBaby said:
tourist said:

Haha. You guys were all lining up ready to give him handjobs over on bobcatnation after his positive writeups on Ash and the team.
Maybe we did, I personally think he is a complete jackass!

MooUBaby said:
BDizzle said:
MooUBaby said:
tourist said:

Maybe we did, I personally think he is a complete jackass!

You must know him personally. As a reporter, I think he is pretty fair to both sides. As a patron of downtown, I think he is a tool.

Back