• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ramos and Walker are Back

uofmman1122 said:
SoldierGriz said:
I'm taking it up with anyone who says the program is successful. It most certainly is not...based on its own stated goals.
If meeting every goal is what ultimately matters over everything else, then we haven't been successful since 2001.

And if you want to argue otherwise, I guess it isn't as binary as you are making it out to be.

2001 sounds about right. A shame given all the potential of the Program.

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:
I said figuring...not figured. They are closer to figuring it out than the Griz, that is very clear.

No, they aren't. A game or two doesn't make a team or program successful. Are you saying that SDS has figured it out, but NDSU hasn't? No conf. championship, no win on SDS, and no national championship for NDSU this season. The coach needs to fix the program.

Nice try. That is not what I said. But, yes NDSU and SDSU have figured it out. Neighbors are working on it with tangible results.

All 3 programs are ahead of the Griz, and it is not debatable. But, I'm sure you will try...and fail.

SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Quite honestly, I am not sure how some people find any enjoyment in Montana Grizzly football.

Me too. But many are happy drinking beer and socializing during the season...I prefer winning and in the FCS...that means championships.

I don't mind that you and others find enjoyment with the former. Why do you care that I need the latter for enjoyment?

Most of us probably don't care about your enjoyment, but your constant bellyaching negatively impacts the enjoyment of the rest of us.

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:
Me too. But many are happy drinking beer and socializing during the season...I prefer winning and in the FCS...that means championships.

I don't mind that you and others find enjoyment with the former. Why do you care that I need the latter for enjoyment?

Most of us probably don't care about your enjoyment, but your constant bellyaching negatively impacts the enjoyment of the rest of us.

:coffee:

SoldierGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:
If meeting every goal is what ultimately matters over everything else, then we haven't been successful since 2001.

And if you want to argue otherwise, I guess it isn't as binary as you are making it out to be.

If that's how you feel, then that's fair. I certainly think we've found a lot of success since then, but to each his own. :thumb:

uofmman1122 said:
SoldierGriz said:
If that's how you feel, then that's fair. I certainly think we've found a lot of success since then, but to each his own. :thumb:

In the end its simply a persons opinion. Just because Soldier's opinion is they haven't been successful doesnt mean they haven't been. His opinion in the scheme of things, means absolutely nothing to me.

ordigger said:
uofmman1122 said:

In the end its simply a persons opinion. Just because Soldier's opinion is they haven't been successful doesnt mean they haven't been. His opinion in the scheme of things, means absolutely nothing to me.
I don't really mind if someone feels that way. If they want to come tell other people they're wrong because of the way they feel, it gets a little annoying.

I happen to enjoy Griz football for a lot of reasons not simply and solely related to winning (although I want them to win every game), like the fact that home games are one of the only times I get to see my family and really close friends I don't see very regularly, and I'd still get to even if we were losing every game.

NDSU has certainly proven that winning it all every season brings with it its own kind of hell, though. :lol:

ordigger said:
uofmman1122 said:

Same and exactly. It's OK to be satisfied with the Program and it's also OK to express dissatisfaction. Why some are triggered by this makes me scratch my head.

SoldierGriz said:
ordigger said:

Same and exactly. It's OK to be satisfied with the Program and it's also OK to express dissatisfaction. Why some are triggered by this makes me scratch my head.

Disagree. The world would be a better place if everyone shared my exact opinions on everything, IMO. ;)

SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Quite honestly, I am not sure how some people find any enjoyment in Montana Grizzly football.

No wonder you have been a curmudgeon for...well what seems like forever. I don't care that you need the latter, but it gets old reading your whining and complaining over and over. I would argue that you are killing the enjoyment for others, so maybe you have accomplished your goal of making everyone as miserable as yourself.

HelenaHandBasket said:
SoldierGriz said:

No wonder you have been a curmudgeon for...well what seems like forever. I don't care that you need the latter, but it gets old reading your whining and complaining over and over. I would argue that you are killing the enjoyment for others, so maybe you have accomplished your goal of making everyone as miserable as yourself.

Sheesh...if things people post on eGriz makes you miserable, I think you should go take a walk. Seriously, go fishing or take a bike ride.

There is enough room in the Griz family for dissenting views...they don't have to kill your enjoyment. :lol:

SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Sheesh...if things people post on eGriz makes you miserable, I think you should go take a walk. Seriously, go fishing or take a bike ride.

There is enough room in the Griz family for dissenting views...they don't have to kill your enjoyment. :lol:

I just laugh at the moronic posts and continue with my day.

SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

People certainly know your view on things....over and over and over again. :lol: :lol:

HelenaHandBasket said:
SoldierGriz said:

I just laugh at the moronic posts and continue with my day.

No, you post about how miserable some posts make you, then you continue with your day. But, you do you.

rgrizfan said:
SoldierGriz said:

People certainly know your view on things....over and over and over again. :lol: :lol:

Some need reminded every now and again that the Griz used to earn trips to the chipper...in a much tougher FCS. It is possible I exceed the every now and again threshold. ;)

I'm excited about Ramos and Walker coming back. Walker made huge strides for a guy who never played the position until last year. Ramos I think will be great for one more year, which will hopefully give Capser and the other guy a little more time to hone their kicking skills. I think Capser is the next big Griz kicker, but I think he needs another year of work and to gain some confidence.

#15 Fan said:
I'm excited about Ramos and Walker coming back. Walker made huge strides for a guy who never played the position until last year. Ramos I think will be great for one more year, which will hopefully give Capser and the other guy a little more time to hone their kicking skills. I think Capser is the next big Griz kicker, but I think he needs another year of work and to gain some confidence.
Walker was a higher-rated OL (specifically T) recruit out of high school than DL recruit, and was originally recruited to Nebraska to play OL. He switched to DL after he was injured in 2019.

SoldierGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

I have been an active fan since the early 90s and more active since the late 90s. My family and I have had a wonderful time following and enjoying Griz football, through the good, and the less good. While wins and championships are great, I'm happy and fully support the team every year. It's an awesome program. It's what sport should be.

SoldierGriz said:
rgrizfan said:

Some need reminded every now and again that the Griz used to earn trips to the chipper...in a much tougher FCS. It is possible I exceed the every now and again threshold. ;)

The declining expectations of this fan base is actually sad. Some seem to forget that we used to win games that mattered. The whole atmosphere around Griz Nation as it relates to football has become tepid.

During the Griz heyday, the bread and butter of the program were Montana kids. If you want to see why they can't climb to and maintain a similar level today, look no further to what has happened to those Montana kids.

Back