• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

...regents...

EverettGriz said:
SoldierGriz said:
Never happened? A government banning, prohibiting, or taking the weapons of its citizenry?

Soviet Union 1918. 15 Mil citizens killed. Soviet satellites post WWII: Bulgaria, Hungary, East Germany

National Germany 1938 prohibited most from owning guns including all Jews. We know how that turned out.

CUBA 1959. 141,000 citizens killed.

Venezuela. 2012. Citizens dominated by the government.

Those are just recent and notable examples...and don't include the cess pool that is the Middle East.

Our Framers knew....no Nation is immune to this. They codified an armed citizenry making it very, very difficult for our govt to dominate us.

I am grateful

Forgive me for excluding a prepositional phrase I assumed to be self-evident: It's never happened in the U.S.

Look, democracies are fragile, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. History as shown us that repeatedly. But if you honestly believe your Glock is going to protect us from tyranny I legitimately fear for the future of our nation.

Apparently you've never seen "Red Dawn"! :lol:

MikeyGriz said:
EverettGriz said:
Forgive me for excluding a prepositional phrase I assumed to be self-evident: It's never happened in the U.S.

Look, democracies are fragile, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. History as shown us that repeatedly. But if you honestly believe your Glock is going to protect us from tyranny I legitimately fear for the future of our nation.

:clap: :lol: Was thinking the same thing.

I know one thing: If the US government ever attempted to take it to us citizens before, the first place they would have gone is The University of Montana campus. Given this law, I can see a scenario where those in power have a big operation planned, and then see that UM students are allowed to have guns on campus and call the whole thing off.

MikeyGriz said:
EverettGriz said:

Oh come on, now. That’s a turrible comparison. In Red Dawn it wasn’t OUR government attacking us, it was the damned Coo-bans! With the Ruskie’s help!

CDAGRIZ said:
I know one thing: If the US government ever attempted to take it to us citizens before, the first place they would have gone is The University of Montana campus. Given this law, I can see a scenario where those in power have a big operation planned, and then see that UM students are allowed to have guns on campus and call the whole thing off.

Ha ha.

SaskGriz said:
hunt-ducks said:
Great post! Those who believe that a totalitarian government who subjugates their people by intimidation and violence are very naive. If these folks studied history more, they would understand it. For example, only 10% of the German population were Nazis when Hitler first gained power. Yet, the Nazis were able to force their radical philosophies on the entire populace, by intimidation, coercion, and public executions of those who would not comply.
In addition, the only reason Japan decided not to attack the mainland United States, is because our population was heavily armed, and they knew that they could not win such an invasion.
I'm not weighing in on the politics, not my circus not my monkeys. As a history teacher I feel that it my duty to point out that almost nothing posted here is historically accurate.

In the 1932 election in Germany (the last one before Hindenburg invited Hitler to form a government) the NAZI's got 12,000,000 votes in country with 44,000,000 registered voters. Even if every single Nazi supporter voted that's still 27% of the country who were openly Nazis. For comparison the Republican Party got about 31% of the vote in the 2020 election. The mythology that Hitler and the Nazis seized power and forced the average German to "convert" at gunpoint is nonsense.

The second point about Japan is even more historically wrong. The idea that hunt-ducks is referencing is from a FB post. A lot of which is taken from a video that posted back in 2012 by a State Senator from Missouri named Ed Emery. There is absolutely no evidence that Japan ever had a realistic plan to invade the mainland of the US.

And if you won't believe me, cause I'm a pinko Canadian from the land of Death Panels and 3 down football, google Professor James Holmes he teaches at the US Naval War College.

Weaponised stupidity is dangerous.

I don’t know there sask, you being Canadian and all I’m gonna have to go with huntducks on this one. You guys still live under an authoritarian that won’t let you have AR’s the most popular rifle in the US. I heard on Facebook that after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, they were headed straight to B.C. next because of the unarmed populace, but Hitler at the last minute decided he would have a better chance opening up a second front with Russia instead. He must have thought Stalin would be a push over compared to Mackenzie King’s authoritarian regime. You must know the old history professor maxim that goes something like: People who don’t know history are bound to be dumbasses or maybe it was people who don’t know history are still dumbasses, well anyway you get my drift, right?

Ps. Even today the only thing that keeps Cuba and Mexico from invading your soft under belly of a southern border is the 394,000,000 American guns owned by a third of our population standing on the wall every night keeping us safe from our own government. That’s one gun for every man, woman, child and transgender, with 67,000,000 left over to give to you guys if you weren’t so afraid of them. No offense there sask, but come on what kind of a people would not have rebelled against a second Trudeau government by now. Let’s face it you guys just have a really weak ass gun culture. Smdh

MikeyGriz said:
EverettGriz said:

:lol: :clap:

Damn it. Haven't been reading up on the off-season posts the last few weeks..

Someone needs to message my MySpace account when these threads are born.

MontanaJack2006 said:

:lol:

I’m there everyday, Jack. Just so I don’t get bothered when I’m online.

Ursa Major said:
MontanaJack2006 said:

I hope the court goes spare parts and rules guns are allowed on campus, but only by transgender athletes. That should tide egriz over until double-days.

MontanaJack2006 said:
Ursa Major said:

I hope the court goes spare parts and rules guns are allowed on campus, but only by transgender athletes. That should tide egriz over until double-days.

Gotta do it to curb equine rights before they get out of hoof.

garizzalies said:
Jesse said:
I believe that immature, still mentally developing dumb asses, who have little to none experience with alcohol should not possess firearms on college campuses or anywhere else. Free speech normally doesn’t get anyone killed, the Supreme Court has limited high schoolers right to free speech and it has also limited the 2A. Nothing is absolute because the constitution isn’t a suicide pact. You have to be 18 to vote, 21 to drink and smoke, 35 to run for president and if you are on a college campus you shouldn't be able to carry. Just my opinion, why are we making it harder to vote then it is to possess a firearm on a college campus?
857.gif

Again, what? You didn’t answer my questions. Sounds like you believe the bill of rights should only apply to the people/demo’s you deem worthy.
Yes, only to the demos who are sober, mentally competent and over the age of 25 do I deem worthy, but thats like just my opinion man

CDAGRIZ said:
MontanaJack2006 said:

Without a doubt. I’m pro transgendered gun rights. You can lead a horse to a deli, you just can’t allow him to run it.

Jesse said:
garizzalies said:
857.gif

Again, what? You didn’t answer my questions. Sounds like you believe the bill of rights should only apply to the people/demo’s you deem worthy.
Yes, only to the demos who are sober, mentally competent and over the age of 25 do I deem worthy, but thats like just my opinion man

Given the fact that 1/6 people in this country believe the government is controlled by Satan worshipping pedophiles, I thank God every night for the .357 magnum in my nightstand and the combat shotgun under my bed.

Jesse said:
garizzalies said:
857.gif

Sounds like you clearly know what’s best for them. Glad there are SJWs out there attempting to limit other’s freedom based on personal beliefs.
Should they have to pass a test administered by you before they can exercise one of their rights under the bill of rights?
How do you decide if someone is “mentally competent” to exercise a right, like, say, free speech? If they speak up, or disagree, do you just fail them and stamp a big, red “F minus” on their forehead? Why stop there? Does that really shut them up? Shouldn’t you be advocating for removing their tongue or maybe frontal lobe?

Ursa Major said:
Jesse said:

Given the fact that 1/6 people in this country believe the government is controlled by Satan worshipping pedophiles, I thank God every night for the .357 magnum in my nightstand and the combat shotgun under my bed.

i thought that's what you had your mail order russian wife for?

argh! said:
Ursa Major said:

i thought that's what you had your mail order russian wife for?

:lol: That’s a good point, I believe judo was compulsory in the Young Pioneers.

goatcreekgriz said:
zengriz said:
...supreme court declines to take on cases ...
...declaring infringements on regents power...
...regents must now refile in district court...

... :argue: ...

No surprise. I expect BOR to seek (and obtain) a TRO against enforcement of the statute in the next few days, likely by the close of business tomorrow.
TRO entered: https://dailymontanan.com/2021/05/28/judge-temporarily-enjoins-hb102-sets-hearing-on-injunction/

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Without a doubt. I’m pro transgendered gun rights. You can lead a horse to a deli, you just can’t allow him to run it.

Whoa, bro. You just went third rail right there. I suggest checking out maroonblood.com if you're gonna post filthy pig latin thoughts regarding horses managing sammich shops.

Agree with you on the transgendered gun rights thingy. But, would Charlton Heston?

Back