• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Season tix

Ursa Major said:
ilovethecats said:
That is my understanding.

On one side, sometimes it's just easier living them for whoever to come and pick them up as sometimes they go to friends of friends and things like that. People I'm not necessarily familiar with all the time. So now that will mean getting their email or phone number or whatever I need.

However, the majority go to co-workers, family and friends and for them this process will go much easier.

Guess I'll just see how it unfolds in a few months!

I expecting with Coach Sixx that by mid-October you won’t be able to give those cat tickets away to the chronically homeless.

Not sure if Bozeman has that many chronically homeless. They send them on one way bus to Missoula where the City builds lots of homes/shelters for them and $800K thirty foot bridges so they can camp nearer the river. :cry:

ilovethecats said:
kemajic said:
Yeah, I'm not keen on driving over 300 mi and depending on a phone ap.

Wait a minute. You drive 300 miles for a single game?! What about when it is cold and snowy? Do you really drive that interstate when it is cold and snowy?! :shock:

Seems like you might be a way better fan than all those suckers that live in Missoula that just wander down to the tailgates a couple hours before kickoff.

:coffee:

Hey fella, rain or shine, it doesn’t matter. Kem fuels up the Dodge, leaves Columbus and makes only two stops on Gameday. He pulls off the highway in Bozeman and pisses on the exit sign for MSU and then a quick stop in Rocker for a 6-pack of tall boys and a fifth of bourbon.

Ursa Major said:
ilovethecats said:
Wait a minute. You drive 300 miles for a single game?! What about when it is cold and snowy? Do you really drive that interstate when it is cold and snowy?! :shock:

Seems like you might be a way better fan than all those suckers that live in Missoula that just wander down to the tailgates a couple hours before kickoff.

Hey fella, rain or shine, it doesn’t matter. Kem fuels up the Dodge, leaves Columbus and makes only two stops on Gameday. He pulls off the highway in Bozeman and pisses on the exit sign for MSU and then a quick stop in Rocker for a 6-pack of tall boys and a fifth of bourbon.

It’s a truly stunning and brave #sacrifice
Godspeed to Kem, and fair interstate roads. May they remain as navigable as they always have.

horribilisfan8184 said:
kemajic said:

Call ahead and have your tickets waiting for you at the Will Call window!
Have done that before. PITA. Can be big lines and it clearly encroaches on tailgate time.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

It’s a truly stunning and brave #sacrifice
Godspeed to Kem, and fair interstate roads. May they remain as navigable as they always have.
5c1twq.jpg

Ursa Major said:
ilovethecats said:

That's probably closer than you intended. We ignore Bozeman both ways. Bozeman to Belgrade is the only ugly part of the trip. Get by with one stop, usually Butte, to dewater and a breakfast sandwich; keeps the trip at 4.0 hours. Maybe Wheat Montana on the way back, as Kris Kris said, Sunday Morning Coming Down. In my cleanest dirty shirt....

Night games are more relaxing, time for a nice meal at the Metals in Butte.

kemajic said:
Ursa Major said:
That's probably closer than you intended. We ignore Bozeman both ways. Bozeman to Belgrade is the only ugly part of the trip. Get by with one stop, usually Butte, to dewater and a breakfast sandwich; keeps the trip at 4.0 hours. Maybe Wheat Montana on the way back, as Kris Kris said, Sunday Morning Coming Down. In my cleanest dirty shirt....

This shall not stand. Show yourself, Bobcat. Let thee suffer thy wrath at the hands of the Griz faithful. (get a couple bagels, though).

CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:

This shall not stand. Show yourself, Bobcat. Let thee suffer thy wrath at the hands of the Griz faithful. (get a couple bagels, though).

Agree! Was surprised to hear of Kem supporting one of the original creators and supporters of the infamous C.A.T.S. Song and video by having anything to do with Wheat Montana. That place can suck balls.

HookedonGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Agree! Was surprised to hear of Kem supporting one of the original creators and supporters of the infamous C.A.T.S. Song and video by having anything to do with Wheat Montana. That place can suck balls.

And it does. Yes, it’s strange to learn that it’s totally OK to support an organization that hates UM and attempts to make awful jokes at the expense of victims, but it’s not OK to support the Griz unless the coach is the person you prefer. Odd world.

Btw, my favorite part of the C.A.T.S. fiasco was when the producer threatened legal action against a guy here for posting the video that the creators had already posted on YouTube. It doesn’t get much dumber.

Edit: Shit! That poster was you! My bad. I went back and looked at the thread. Tough to find a working link to the rape joke song made by Wheat Montana and Universal Athletic, and supported/blessed by Montana State University, these days.

CDAGRIZ said:
HookedonGriz said:

And it does. Yes, it’s strange to learn that it’s totally OK to support an organization that hates UM and attempts to make awful jokes at the expense of victims, but it’s not OK to support the Griz unless the coach is the person you prefer. Odd world.

Btw, my favorite part of the C.A.T.S. fiasco was when the producer threatened legal action against a guy here for posting the video that the creators had already posted on YouTube. It doesn’t get much dumber.

Edit: Shit! That poster was you! My bad. I went back and looked at the thread. Tough to find a working link to the rape joke song made by Wheat Montana and Universal Athletic, and supported/blessed by Montana State University, these days.
I can't speak to any of that, but MAN I love Wheat Montana. My biggest gripe is it's always so damn busy you have to stand in line forever. Other than that, no complaints. I appreciate Kem supporting a great local business! :thumb:

ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I can't speak to any of that, but MAN I love Wheat Montana. My biggest gripe is it's always so damn busy you have to stand in line forever. Other than that, no complaints. I appreciate Kem supporting a great local business! :thumb:

Two Wheat Montanas in Missoula. None in Bozeman.

CDAGRIZ said:
HookedonGriz said:

Yes it was, Sir, yes it was. Slapped with a threatening lawsuit if I didn’t take that infamous video down after they themselves posted it all over social media. The backlash was obviously intense and they backtracked in a hurry. That video still exists praise God and will love on here ever year prior to Cats-Griz game. FTC!

ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:

True story: 2018. We were in the process of closing on a house, but we were also driving the kids to Yellowstone. We had to sign docs with a mobile notary who was going to meet us in the Missoula area on our way through. Wife's phone rings, she answers, "Uh huh. Yeah. Uh, nah. Fuck that. Choose somewhere else." Apparently, the dude wanted to meet at the Wheat Montana at Muralt's. My oldest daughter asks, "Mom, why couldn't you go there?" Wife says, "Because, honey, they're scumbags." Proud moment as a husband and father. I think C.A.T.S. made the wife hate the Bobcats more than I do.

ilovethecats said:
kemajic said:

Not only that, but sometimes we drive back that same night after the game is over! :shock:
Cold and snowy? This is Montana, right? I thought that's the way it was supposed to be!

coyote said:
ilovethecats said:

These are privately owned now and not associated with the original Wheat Montana organization. They found out quickly that franchising didn't fit with their corporate culture. Too much hassle for them.

kemajic said:
Ursa Major said:

I honestly thought Ursa might've been dead on with that post. Then I realized it's Kem and a six pack of tall boys probably wasn't enough.

MikeyGriz said:
coyote said:

These are privately owned now and not associated with the original Wheat Montana organization. They found out quickly that franchising didn't fit with their corporate culture. Too much hassle for them.

I can see how in-state franchising could be overwhelming with the touring and recording schedule. Add in mahjong on Wednesdays and pickle ball on Sundays, and it can just be too much.

HookedonGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I must fess up to be totally out of the loop on Wheat Montana and its apparent anti-UM stance. If someone can help me get up to speed, I'll be perfectly willing to put them on the boycott list, in spite of favoring their bread for many years.

kemajic said:
HookedonGriz said:
I must fess up to be totally out of the loop on Wheat Montana and its apparent anti-UM stance. If someone can help me get up to speed, I'll be perfectly willing to put them on the boycott list, in spite of favoring their bread for many years.

The owner of Wheat Montana, along with the owner of Universal Athletic (with the full endorsement of MSU Athletics), ripped off a Village People song and attempted to make jokes about sexual assault at UM. After backlash, they then doubled down by threatening individuals involved in the fair use of the music video. Hooked has ensured that the video will live on, and I trust his hand is steady. We need more people like Hooked.

CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:

The owner of Wheat Montana, along with the owner of Universal Athletic (with the full endorsement of MSU Athletics), ripped off a Village People song and attempted to make jokes about sexual assault at UM. After backlash, they then doubled down by threatening individuals involved in the fair use of the music video. Hooked has ensured that the video will live on, and I trust his hand is steady. We need more people like Hooked.
I guess I stepped in that one. Does anyone have the link to the video?

Back