• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Should the Next Coach be...

Grizzlies1982 said:
maroonandsilver said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
Umista said:
Two rubs you are all missing. One rub is that Haslam will pick a Mormon if he can. Second rub is that Haslam will pick a "clean" head coach and one that he can take to the president without fear of a no.

You smart nuts figure it out. One man that will not be picked is..................?

What the hell?
Yes, Haslam MUST select someone who won't frighten the Univ. President. Haslam will make the best call he can and, as long as it isn't going to be a potential PR nightmare (ie... Colorado Pubelo), the President will give it his blessing.

Though "pick a Mormon" is possible I have no idea why that would matter (good or bad). If the guy can coach here I'm happy with a Catholic, Mormon, or Muslim (especially if we get to watch them bow towards Mecca during games). :ugeek:

AFTER Haslam makes his pick, and AFTER the President concurs, it still has to be approved by the Board of Regents. And that my friends, like it or not. is how the game is played in the State of Montana.

Agree. Though it would take a pretty outrageous candidate for the BOR to deny it.

They've done dumber shit...like everything they do!

Umista said:
Two rubs you are all missing. One rub is that Haslam will pick a Mormon if he can. Second rub is that Haslam will pick a "clean" head coach and one that he can take to the president without fear of a no.

You smart nuts figure it out. One man that will not be picked is..................?

That is an asinine statement. I guarantee you that KH isn't looking into their religious background. Will he pick a clean candidate. Probably if there is such a thing.

Umista said:

RE is not Mormon. However, the rest of Main Hall is very quickly becoming a LDS stronghold. I've heard folks say RE isnt bright enough to see the Mormon takeover and how its very nearly complete.

EverettGriz said:
The best coach for UM and the program will run a clean program and be someone the President as well as all fans and alumni are proud of. Numbers one and two are the same. They are both part of the requirements for the job.[/quote

Does this mean you're willing to tolerate a decent number of losses for the foreseeable future, and not getting very far in the playoffs very often? As I said in the first post, I agree that running a clean program is and should be a factor. But should it be an over-riding factor? And should someone who had some issues long ago, be disqualified by those issues, or should they be judged by what they have done in more recent history (say 5 years)?

Umista said:

That is a much smarter choice than an Islamic Terrorist.

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
The best coach for UM and the program will run a clean program and be someone the President as well as all fans and alumni are proud of. Numbers one and two are the same. They are both part of the requirements for the job.[/quote

Does this mean you're willing to tolerate a decent number of losses for the foreseeable future, and not getting very far in the playoffs very often? As I said in the first post, I agree that running a clean program is and should be a factor. But should it be an over-riding factor? And should someone who had some issues long ago, be disqualified by those issues, or should they be judged by what they have done in more recent history (say 5 years)?

What this means is that the two aren't mutually exclusive. You can have a clean program that isn't filled with players with rap sheets and still win national championships.

However, if the two were mutually exclusive, I'd prefer to have a clean and respected program as opposed to a stuffed trophy case and lengthy arrest lists.

EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

What this means is that the two aren't mutually exclusive. You can have a clean program that isn't filled with players with rap sheets and still win national championships.

However, if the two were mutually exclusive, I'd prefer to have a clean and respected program as opposed to a stuffed trophy case and lengthy arrest lists.

I agree with your first paragraph, but, if you think no coach with prior past issues with players should be considered, then the chances of those 2 things happening are very slim.

I don't think Griz Nation would put up with losing. They almost wouldn't put up with being 10-3 and 9-5. Had many people not liked and supported Delaney, and had many thought it was in a tough situation in the aftermath of Pflu's firing and the loss of JJ for a year, I doubt that Griz nation would have put up with it. With a sting of 8-4 or 9-5 seasons, I don't think alot of the avid and over-the-top fans would be agreeing with you.

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

I agree with your first paragraph, but, if you think no coach with prior past issues with players should be considered, then the chances of those 2 things happening are very slim.

I don't think Griz Nation would put up with losing. They almost wouldn't put up with being 10-3 and 9-5. Had many people not liked and supported Delaney, and had many thought it was in a tough situation in the aftermath of Pflu's firing and the loss of JJ for a year, I doubt that Griz nation would have put up with it. With a sting of 8-4 or 9-5 seasons, I don't think alot of the avid and over-the-top fans would be agreeing with you.

Hmm...Bozo seems to deal with it just fine....but then again, if you're talking only the extreme, probably right. Stupid Diane Fienstiens of the world.

The stuff you hear on egriz...

The Mormon takeover of Main Hall...this is the moment, and that is saying something, that egriz jumped the shark.

So how many arrests are you willing to put with, PlayerRep. Is seven a year too many?

How many aggravated burglary charges and kidnappings and drunken driving arrests are just the appropriate price for success?

You started this thread under the pretense of wanting to know what egriz posters think. But thsee are the same posters you dismiss on a weekly, sometimes daily basis for having never played the game. You've done it so much you've grown tired of typing it and turned it into an acronym.
You're bad news.

griz4life said:
So how many arrests are you willing to put with, PlayerRep. Is seven a year too many?

How many aggravated burglary charges and kidnappings and drunken driving arrests are just the appropriate price for success?

You started this thread under the pretense of wanting to know what egriz posters think. But thsee are the same posters you dismiss on a weekly, sometimes daily basis for having never played the game. You've done it so much you've grown tired of typing it and turned it into an acronym.
You're bad news.

POTY?

griz4life said:

You're bad news.

Hey, why won't you answer my question? How many losses would you, and Griz Nation, put up with? Are you afraid to answer?

I would evaluate and judge a coach based on what he has done in recent history. From what I've read on egriz, Hauck hasn't had any significant legal/behavior issues with his UNLV players for the 5 years he's been there. Gregorak hasn't had any problems with his linebackers in the years he's been here, to my knowledge.

How many years do you want to go back to find issues? Do you believe that no coach ever learns, changes, grows, improves? Given the increased involvement administrators and academics in evaluating transfers and admissions, I don't see significant risks of bad behavior coming with any of the 4 or so possible head coaching candidates being mentioned. Also note that one of the reasons that it seems like bad behavior is currently down, is because Florio is gone and the Missoulian has stopped over-emphasizing every issue, potential issue, and rumor on the front page.

UM has only had one aggravated burglary incident in how many decades? Did any of those players ever play a down after the school learned they were involved in the incident. None of the active players were involved in the aggravated part, to my knowledge. Several of them weren't even in the house; they were outside. By the way, none of the active players had even started games, or many games, at the time of the incidents. They weren't necessary for UM's success. They weren't star players.

Dui's happen. The fewer the better, but dui's are common in the general population and also happen to students. It's not a huge deal for me, although lots of them are too many.

I am more concerned about truly bad behavior and more significant crimes, not minor stuff. While no one wants arrests to occur, I am more concerned about convictions and whether the underlying incident actually occurred. Allegations often turn out not to be true, or fully true, and often don't result in convictions. Incidents sometimes get overcharged. The Wilson, JJ and Johnson/Kemp matters brought on alot of bad publicity, and alot of charges, but, at the end of the total of all charges and pleas, was a single nolo plea to disorderly conduct. Think about that. A single nolo plea to disorderly conduct. I suppose you could throw in the Wilson biting incident and add another nolo plea. Total fines of a few hundred dollars. All 4 allowed to continuing playing at UM. And people like you still treating these things like they were crimes of the century.

Actually, I played the game--and at a higher collegiate level than virtually any poster on the board. It's obvious that you never played the game. Most of the posters being negative towards me don't understand football, are trolls, are Cats, and I have zero respect for them. My guess is that you are someone who has never accomplished much, and never well. Feel free to tell us what you have accomplished, if anything. I'd be happy to put my record of accomplishments up against you and all of the other negative types anytime.

You are the bad news. You lie about people, make up stuff, and say untrue things about the program. And if I notice, I am not going to let you get away with it. You try to dishonor a strong and wonderful athletic program.

Umista said:
The second point is correct; the first, not so much. I don't think his BBall hire is Mormon.... Haslam is not the enemy because he's Mormon; he's the best AD we've had since Moos.

griz4life said:

You're bad news.

Are we winning national championships???? I can put up with pretty much anything in that case!

PlayerRep said:
Actually, I played the game--and at a higher collegiate level than virtually any poster on the board. It's obvious that you never played the game. Most of the posters being negative towards me don't understand football, are trolls, are Cats, and I have zero respect for them. My guess is that you are someone who has never accomplished much, and never well. Feel free to tell us what you have accomplished, if anything. I'd be happy to put my record of accomplishments up against you and all of the other negative types anytime.
Please tell us more of these things we've never heard before. Particularly since no one else here has either played the game or accomplished anything. Just maybe we could survive on your trickle down knowledge.

Back