• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sneed is the starter

Chet_Ripley said:
Grizzly96 said:
Zirg said:
CatzWillRise said:
I've only watched a few quarters worth of Griz football this year. When I have, it seems Sneed is running for his life about 80% of the time. My question is can any other QB on the roster not get sacked a ton besides Sneed? That alone would keep in the starter IMO.

The best QB "on the roster" is the phrase of the year. Bobby ran off the one guy we had that could actually pass pretty good.

"Sophomore quarterback Gresch Jensen was selected as the week 2 SCFA National Division "Co-Offensive Player of the Week".
The Hornet's Jensen was able to get the No. 2 Hornets past No. 3 Riverside City College on the road throwing for 410 yards, 2 TD passes, and no interceptions. Proving to have an accurate arm, Jensen was 25 of 35 in completions. "

Fullerton is now 6-0 and Jensen has 12 TDs and 4 INTS, fyi.

:roll:

Two sides to every story...

:roll:

Zirg said:
CatzWillRise said:
I've only watched a few quarters worth of Griz football this year. When I have, it seems Sneed is running for his life about 80% of the time. My question is can any other QB on the roster not get sacked a ton besides Sneed? That alone would keep in the starter IMO.

The best QB "on the roster" is the phrase of the year. Bobby ran off the one guy we had that could actually pass pretty good.

"Sophomore quarterback Gresch Jensen was selected as the week 2 SCFA National Division "Co-Offensive Player of the Week".
The Hornet's Jensen was able to get the No. 2 Hornets past No. 3 Riverside City College on the road throwing for 410 yards, 2 TD passes, and no interceptions. Proving to have an accurate arm, Jensen was 25 of 35 in completions. "

Fullerton is now 6-0 and Jensen has 12 TDs and 4 INTS, fyi.

Maybe it's just old age, but I don't recall reading anything about BH running him off. Do you have some documentation?

God almighty. He's GONE. Let it fucking GOOOOOOO.....and I say this as a huge Gresh Jensen fan...the constant rehashing has made the board almost unreadable.

AZGrizFan said:
God almighty. He's GONE. Let it f***[*] GOOOOOOO.....and I say this as a huge Gresh Jensen fan...the constant rehashing has made the board almost unreadable.

Just that? That is extremely generous and considerate of you.

PlayerRep said:
IdahoGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:
PlayerRep said:
I don't know how you can say that 25-38-1 is a "bad" game.

It's not bad but it's not good or great either. That's 25-38-1 with 0 TDs and 200 total yards. 8 yards per completion, 5.26 yards per attempt. Add in during that stretch the team scored 0 points. Not all on Sneed by any means, there's plenty of blame to go around for that, but he was the QB during that stretch.

All this and as I stated earlier the longest completion was for 15 yards. 0 passes down field completed. I am also fairly confident that the 15 yarder was an pass to the running back behind the LOS. He ran the 15 yards after catch.
The opposing D plays the short passes and shut us down. 41-0

If the opposing team “plays”!the short passes, and given that there were some drops and some missed longer passes, and one interception, how do you explain that Sneed was 25-37? How many of the 12 were longer passes and drops? Would like to see your math on this. The numbers are t adding up.

I think we are looking at the same thing from two different ways.
Sneed throws a high completion percentage so that makes it good.
I agree with you that he is completing his passes at a high percentage.
I am saying, the short passes are all he is able to consistently throw and complete.
He has a high completion percentage because all of his completions were short down field throws or ones behind the LOS.

Sneed needs to be able to stretch the field a bit to make the D respect the longer passes. Which does not seem to be happening right now. It would seem the D we are now playing against are playing to defend the short passes and his runs because the longer passes are not a threat. I understand he is completing passes for 8 - 10 yards a pass and if you did that all day every play it would be great. But when it is 3rd and 12 and we throw a completion behind the LOS it doesn't seem to be working. That's all I am saying.

Latest posts

Back