• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Surprise player of the year.

grizghost said:
StumptownGriz said:
If Ryan Kessman ever shows up its definitely him. Otherwise

Offense - Malik Flowers: We know he's a special teams stud but even with our deep and talented WR group I see him being a game breaking deep threat that will catch the defenses sleeping on him

Defense - Michael McGinnis: Seeing this guy live and in person is an eye opener. He's a physical specimen.

..l always thought McGinnis should be moved to LB..there's is so much upside to this kid!

I love McGinnis at safety especially in our defensive scheme but would be just as big of a fan of him at LB or even DE. He has the frame to carry 230-250lbs without losing much speed or explosiveness if any. Sky is the limit for this kid no matter where hes at.

Calhoun at DB
a RB, not sure who but anyone who outrushes Sneed is a big plus. and sorely needed.

C. Keinz can he continue to raise his level of play, great to see local player work his way to the top. His ability to improve will have positive effect on many playmakers.
J. Sims as a senior how much impact will he have, he has been solid and consistent, has he leveled off or is there another level, hope both players continue to surprise.

Diesel said:
C. Keinz can he continue to raise his level of play, great to see local player work his way to the top. His ability to improve will have positive effect on many playmakers.
J. Sims as a senior how much impact will he have, he has been solid and consistent, has he leveled off or is there another level, hope both players continue to surprise.
Is Sims a surprise player though? I think not. He was a 3 star recruit, recruited by a Power 5 school, which we got lucky to land. He's a multiple year starter. Really not a surprise to me.

Now a player like Keinz, is a perfect example of a player that defines a surprise player. He was under recruited, he was recruited as a project player. Hard work and dedication has allowed him to remain a GRIZ. In a sense, his accomplishments have already been surprising. IF he can take it to a higher level, he will certainly have accomplished more than was expected of him.

Back