• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The $5000 bet by UpTop

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Okay UpTop time to pull your big girl pants up and make this bet legit.

For those of you who don’t know, uptop (right here in this forum in writing) bet mthoops $5000 that his bobcats would beat the grizzlies in football in Missoula this coming fall by 35 points or more.

Mthoops accepted that bet, quickly. Others wanted in as well, but to be fair the only one I saw make an offer and acceptance between each other were uptop and hoops.

Since then, uptop has been backpedaling on this bet and trying to ignore it and make it go away. I have offered to draw up a written agreement between the two and keep their dollars in my savings account until payout.

Time to make this happen and official. Uptop tends to spout off at the mouth and then not back any of it up. Time to put up or shut up. Where are you at on this uptop?

To be fair, I do believe PR originally bet Upchuck a $1000 that Chris was a Griz and Upchuck claims he was in school at blowsmen when he made eGriz. I copied each post that referenced Chris in the coaches change thread. After Upchuck accepted his bet, PR did not comment on it anymore in that thread despite posting 25 more times, including five responses to Upchuck on other subjects. Now if Chris can prove wether he was a Griz or a scat, this bet would be either a $1000 down payment by Upchuck or Upchuck may owe PR $6k when all is said and done. Also, sorry AZ, I left out your comment about your childhood home because it had nothing to do with Chris being a scat or a Griz😁.

Here’s all the posts.

Chris/20th post on page 7
“So did the coaching changes happen yesterday? Or is the OP just another liar?”

Upchuck/19th post on page 8
Responding to why he can’t post pics
“Inferior programming...Cheap backend. I mean, the site was made by a Cat. You can't expect very high quality.”

rgrizgan/1st post on page 9
Responding to upchucks claim of Chris being a cat
“Don't think Chris is a cat...”

Upchuck/11th post on page 9
Responding to rgrizgan
“Actually, he was, and this site was made while he was a Cat.”

PR/12th post on page 9
“Chris is a Griz. Shall we bet $1,000?
His brother was a Cat. His brother had nothing to do with egriz.”

BDizzle/13th post on page 9
Responding to PR and upchuck about Chris
“Technically Chris is an Eagle. He’s from
Eastern Washington. He did create eGriz while in a dorm in Bozeman. But now he is as Griz as they come. Unfortunately he married a cat. Ever since they got married the Griz are like 1-3 vs the cats.”

Upchuck/18th post on page 9
Responding to PR about Chris
“I'll bet you $1,000 Chris built this site when he was Cat. Just one more example of how little you're connected to the Griz.”

Upchuck/3rd post on page 11
Responding again to PR about Chris bring a Griz
“Liar”

From Chris Lynn's bio in LinkedIn. He got a BS degree from UM. He graduated from UM, not MSU. He attended MSU for a year (or less).

"Education

University of Montana
BS Business Administration - Information Systems
2001 - 2004"

https://www.linkedin.com/in/crlynn

I intentionally never accepted uptop's proposed bet as to where Chris had developed egriz, as I had no idea where Chris developed egriz. I also tired to bet uptop several times, that we had no bet on where Chris developed egriz. Uptop avoided that bet, to my knowledge.

What kind of person runs around claiming someone bet him, when no bet was made. I see that fairly often on egriz. Only lowlife's and losers try to do that. What's wrong with honesty.

Thanks,, Bama.

The asshat posts literally 10 times per day (per his user profile) and won’t address the bet that HE MADE. Step up or step out of here all together west coast….errr….uptop.

mthoopsfan said:
From Chris Lynn's bio in LinkedIn. He got a BS degree from UM. He graduated from UM, not MSU. He attended MSU for a year (or less).

"Education

University of Montana
2001 - 2004"

I intentionally never accepted uptop's proposed bet as to where Chris had developed egriz, as I had no idea where Chris developed egriz. I also tired to bet uptop several times, that we had no bet on where Chris developed egriz. Uptop avoided that bet, to my knowledge.

What kind of person runs around claiming someone bet him, when no bet was made. I see that fairly often on egriz. Only lowlife's and losers try to do that. What's wrong with honesty.

Thanks,, Bama.

Not sure why you’re thanking me. Judging by the posts that I copied word for word from the thread where the original bet was made, you offered the original $1000 bet and Upchuck quickly accepted. Then BDizzle acknowledged that Chris was indeed living in a dorm on blowesmen’s campus at the time he created eGriz. Obviously that doesn’t specifically state he was a student but it’s certainly implied and then you yourself said he attended the state college for maybe up to a year. Obviously none of this could be official without Chris coming forward but the posted evidence is in Upchuck’s favor. It also needs to be said though that neither of you stated in your original betting posts that Chris was even in school, just that he was a “Cat or a Griz”. It could be argued you ment he was a fan of the Griz which I’m sure he obviously was if he created eGriz even though many scat fans seem to think this is now litter box nation 2.0. I’m sure Upchuck probably ment enrolled in school but he never specifically stated that so there’s that also.

What? WHAT? Without that context this entire proceeding is a travesty. A sham. A mockery! Why, it’s a traveshamockery!!!

I won’t be associated with it any further.
alabamagrizzly said:
sorry AZ, I left out your comment about your childhood home because it had nothing to do with Chris being a scat or a Griz😁.

Here’s all the posts.

Chris/20th post on page 7
“So did the coaching changes happen yesterday? Or is the OP just another liar?”

Upchuck/19th post on page 8
Responding to why he can’t post pics
“Inferior programming...Cheap backend. I mean, the site was made by a Cat. You can't expect very high quality.”

rgrizgan/1st post on page 9
“Don't think Chris is a cat...”

Upchuck/11th post on page 9
Responding to rgrizgan
“Actually, he was, and this site was made while he was a Cat.”

PR/12th post on page 9
“Chris is a Griz. Shall we bet $1,000?
His brother was a Cat. His brother had nothing to do with egriz.”

BDizzle/13th post on page 9
Responding to PR and upchuck about Chris
“Technically Chris is an Eagle. He’s from
Eastern Washington. He did create eGriz while in a dorm in Bozeman. But now he is as Griz as they come. Unfortunately he married a cat. Ever since they got married the Griz are like 1-3 vs the cats.”

Upchuck/18th post on page 9
Responding to PR about Chris
“I'll bet you $1,000 Chris built this site when he was Cat. Just one more example of how little you're connected to the Griz.”

Upchuck/3rd post on page 11
Responding again to PR about Chris bring a Griz
“Liar”

AZGrizFan said:
I won’t be associated with it any further.

That’s probably the wisest thing anyone has ever said here and advice we all should take. Unfortunately though it’s the offseason, I’ve got nothing better to do, and it involves my two favorite people to give s h i t so I can’t quit, like a good drug.

Not sure that I should weigh in, but I offered to hold the money. Uptop deflected with distortions and falsehoods. He's a fraud.

This entire situation reminds me that gambling destroys many happy homes.

Refresh my memory: Did this originate with the dude proposing the $5k bet thinking Hoops wouldn't accept? Because that makes it hilarious that he's the one running away now.

goatcreekgriz said:
Not sure that I should weigh in, but I offered to hold the money. Uptop deflected with distortions and falsehoods. He's a fraud.

This entire situation reminds me that gambling destroys many happy homes.

I've been watching out my office window at our US and Montana flags flapping in the breeze with far more interest than I could muster for this shat ("chat" in reality, which those who know French will see the relationship) show. For those who do not know French, think "Chat" pond, outside Sales Stadium, not to be confused with Gatton or Van Winkle stadiums of lore.

CDAGRIZ said:
Refresh my memory: Did this originate with the dude proposing the $5k bet thinking Hoops wouldn't accept? Because that makes it hilarious that he's the one running away now.

🛎 🛎 🛎

goatcreekgriz said:
This is not a new discovery.

I think the original bet on Chris could be argued by both sides in their favor:

Uptop said Chris was a cat cuz he was attending school there when he developed it...so by his definition, attending a school makes you a fan of that school's teams. I've known some griz fans who went to msu for schooling and I'm sure scat fans have gone to UM for school. By attending said school, that does not make you a fan of them, just a student, but DEFINITELY can see uptop arguing this in his favor.

PR said "Chris is a Griz", which is an accurate statement, and when he proposes the $1,000, he could (and you know he will) argue that he said "Chris IS a griz", which is also an accurate statement. So really both are right and yet wrong at the same time.

Gonna be a looooooong off-season with uptop and PR arguing about who has a bigger dick and more football knowledge/insider info/donation power, along with occasional shots at both from others. Neat

alabamagrizzly said:
mthoopsfan said:

"Education

University of Montana
2001 - 2004"

Thanks,, Bama.

Not sure why you’re thanking me. Judging by the posts that I copied word for word from the thread where the original bet was made, you offered the original $1000 bet and Upchuck quickly accepted. Then BDizzle acknowledged that Chris was indeed living in a dorm on blowesmen’s campus at the time he created eGriz. Obviously that doesn’t specifically state he was a student but it’s certainly implied and then you yourself said he attended the state college for maybe up to a year. Obviously none of this could be official without Chris coming forward but the posted evidence is in Upchuck’s favor. It also needs to be said though that neither of you stated in your original betting posts that Chris was even in school, just that he was a “Cat or a Griz”. It could be argued you ment he was a fan of the Griz which I’m sure he obviously was if he created eGriz even though many scat fans seem to think this is now litter box nation 2.0. I’m sure Upchuck probably ment enrolled in school but he never specifically stated that so there’s that also.

The posted info is completely in my favor. The bet was whether Chris was a Cat or Griz, not where Chris developed egriz. I said Griz. I showed that he attended UM from2001-2004 and got a BS degree was UM. The link is to Chris' LinkedIn. The account was created by Chris.

#15 Fan said:
I think the original bet on Chris could be argued by both sides in their favor:

Uptop said Chris was a cat cuz he was attending school there when he developed it...so by his definition, attending a school makes you a fan of that school's teams. I've known some griz fans who went to msu for schooling and I'm sure scat fans have gone to UM for school. By attending said school, that does not make you a fan of them, just a student, but DEFINITELY can see uptop arguing this in his favor.

PR said "Chris is a Griz", which is an accurate statement, and when he proposes the $1,000, he could (and you know he will) argue that he said "Chris IS a griz", which is also an accurate statement. So really both are right and yet wrong at the same time.

Gonna be a looooooong off-season with uptop and PR arguing about who has a bigger dick and more football knowledge/insider info/donation power, along with occasional shots at both from others. Neat

Nope. The bet was Cat or Griz. Chris graduated from UM, not MSU. Chris is a Griz.

Let's stay on topic...The OP is about a $5,000 bet that will have a tangible, indisputable result come November. Uptop offered this bet. The side story people are talking about with Chris is silly, and can be interpreted different ways depending on a number of definitions, and therefore not a valid bet. The bet in the OP is valid because the result is definitive. So, since Uptop the troll proposed it, he needs to rectify the bet he offered or admit he was running his mouth as always and publicly back out of it. It's that simple.

Good Gawd. The offseason over here is brutal. Someone start a real thread - you know, like what a lousy coach Vigen is, or how Troy Andersen won't be a starter in Atlanta. You're feeding the biggest troll on Egriz with this crap.

Bear Spray said:
Good Gawd. The offseason over here is brutal. Someone start a real thread - you know, like what a lousy coach Vigen is, or how Troy Andersen won't be a starter in Atlanta. You're feeding the biggest troll on Egriz with this crap.

I think some are hoping he will go back to Bobcatnation where he belongs. What's your excuse?

Bear Spray said:

Any coaching staff updates out of Bozeman?

Back