• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The FargoDome……

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Is it even half full? What is going on over in Bisonville? I’ve always thought that was one of the larger fair-weather fan bases out there. Maybe there was an extended Black Friday sale at Golden Corral?

45-3, end of third quarter. Wonder of Drake is impressed now. Hey, scats, look who's comin' to town. Bravado and BS don't put points on the board.

HookedonGriz said:
Is it even half full? What is going on over in Bisonville? I’ve always thought that was one of the larger fair-weather fan bases out there. Maybe there was an extended Black Friday sale at Golden Corral?

Big eatin’ weekend. I’ve heard that some of them do “Second Thanksgiving” because all the unsold traditional food goes on clearance at Wal-Mart on Friday. There are still SO many leftovers to get through. They can’t be moving their bodies to go to a football game with marshmallow casseroles in the kitchen.

CDAGRIZ said:
HookedonGriz said:

Big eatin’ weekend. I’ve heard that some of them do “Second Thanksgiving” because all the unsold traditional food goes on clearance at Wal-Mart on Friday. There are still SO many leftovers to get through. They can’t be moving their bodies to go to a football game with marshmallow casseroles in the kitchen.

This morning I spoke to my adopted 2nd cousin Ole Jensensensen who lives in Bismark. He said, “Every ting is fine in No Dak, yeah. The hot dish leftovers are a plenty and the gals did a bang up job there. The Bizon are just warming up, you know. It’s something that you vertical landers don’t understand.”

Then he apologized for swearing and invited me to go fishing with him on his booate this summer. I hung up on him

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

This morning I spoke to my adopted 2nd cousin Ole Jensensensen who lives in Bismark. He said, “Every ting is fine in No Dak, yeah. The hot dish leftovers are a plenty and the gals did a bang up job there. The Bizon are just warming up, you know. It’s something that you vertical landers don’t understand.”

Then he apologized for swearing and invited me to go fishing with him on his booate this summer. I hung up on him

Uff da! Can’t believe he invited you oot on his boot.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

That is SO Jensensensen.

:shock:
BillingsMafia said:
I wonder if vegan will be on hot seat if bison pummel cats next week?

IF? :lol:
Another episode of 'Trail of Tears' for your viewing pleasure, live from Bozo in a week. :thumb:
Hell's Bells, BN is calling for Housewright and Garza's heads to roll after the "ass whipping" in Missoula last week. Guess they got a sudden infusion of Morals and Ethics in WGS. Hypocracy abounds.

3-7-77 said:
45-3, end of third quarter. Wonder of Drake is impressed now. Hey, scats, look who's comin' to town. Bravado and BS don't put points on the board.

UNDSU doesn’t have a great run D this year. And they aren’t exactly *that* good…I expect the cats to win.

GrizRick said:
Maybe their fans are bored after so many National Championships.

It’s a valid theory. Can a fan base get tired of winning so much? I don’t know….seems weird. I think something else is a miss.

Here are the numbers:

FCS first-round playoff attendance:
Drake at North Dakota State: 7,798
Chattanooga at Austin Peay: 7,249
Sacramento State at North Dakota: 6,522
Nicholls at Southern Illinois: 4,576
Gardner-Webb at Mercer: 4,500
North Carolina Central at Richmond: 4,103
Lafayette at Delaware: 4,039
Duquesne at Youngtown State: 3,866

HookedonGriz said:
Here are the numbers:

Less than 4k at Youngstown State?!! That's just pitiful. They used to be one of the attendance leaders in the FCS. Duquense basically plays at a high school stadium so I guess it's better than that but damn...

BozAngelesGriz said:
3-7-77 said:

UNDSU doesn’t have a great run D this year. And they aren’t exactly *that* good…I expect the cats to win.

Completely agree. They can’t stop a good running team. Next weeks game could be interesting. Two teams with poor defensive squads and it could turn into a high scoring affair, but not really since they both want to pound the rock. I would say Bozo runs away with this one. 42-28

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Funny you should bring up Ole, Ursa. I don't have a clue who that is...but still funny.

It did remind me that I have a few contacts in the Fargo-Moorhead area, from whom I just might be able to get some culinary intel. Sure enough, there is concern among the Buffalo faithful about the quality and quantity of real food available in frou frou Bozeangeles. I got in touch with Bertha Norskeflickasdottir who told me she, and a substantial crew of fellow gridiron fan-gals, are going to borrow the kitchen at First & Goal Lutheran to assemble some travel provisions to pack the bus. The goal is to ensure that no FM fan goes hungry in hostile feline territory: it is apparently well known that the kittens are notorious for not offering plain food to people from the plains. I don't know the entire menu they have in mind, but I was told, in addition to bringing assorted leftover hotdishes, one of the main staples they are planning to cook fresh and assemble are boiled lutefisk & lefse roll-ups with mild mustard cream dipping sauce. You are no doubt aware, Ursa, these are Fargo's answer to the Butte Pasty. Bertha also confirmed they're planning at least one non-perishable side; probably lemon lime jello with the customary yummy add-ins such as shredded carrots, onions, crushed pineapple, green olives and frozen peas...a handy dish that can remain somewhat edible for weeks at a time. I don't know what they have landed on for bring-along sweets. But if Bertha has her way, they'll be constructing several seasonally appropriate Kransekages for the long trek as long as they can get them glued together well enough to survive the trip. And, gosh, they make a pretty attractive addition to any motel room.

I thanked her for all of the useless info, and we parted on mutual Ya, sure, you betcha's.

My :twocents:

MM

HookedonGriz said:
Here are the numbers:

Last year at this time, WGS attendance was 13,390(officially)against SEMO. Thanksgiving weekend, and no students. FYI.

MsMaroon said:
Ursa Major said:

Funny you should bring up Ole, Ursa. I don't have a clue who that is...but still funny.

It did remind me that I have a few contacts in the Fargo-Moorhead area, from whom I just might be able to get some culinary intel. Sure enough, there is concern among the Buffalo faithful about the quality and quantity of real food available in frou frou Bozeangeles. I got in touch with Bertha Norskeflickasdottir who told me she, and a substantial crew of fellow gridiron fan-gals, are going to borrow the kitchen at First & Goal Lutheran to assemble some travel provisions to pack the bus. The goal is to ensure that no FM fan goes hungry in hostile feline territory: it is apparently well known that the kittens are notorious for not offering plain food to people from the plains. I don't know the entire menu they have in mind, but I was told, in addition to bringing assorted leftover hotdishes, one of the main staples they are planning to cook fresh and assemble are boiled lutefisk & lefse roll-ups with mild mustard cream dipping sauce. You are no doubt aware, Ursa, these are Fargo's answer to the Butte Pasty. Bertha also confirmed they're planning at least one non-perishable side; probably lemon lime jello with the customary yummy add-ins such as shredded carrots, onions, crushed pineapple, green olives and frozen peas...a handy dish that can remain somewhat edible for weeks at a time. I don't know what they have landed on for bring-along sweets. But if Bertha has her way, they'll be constructing several seasonally appropriate Kransekages for the long trek as long as they can get them glued together well enough to survive the trip. And, gosh, they make a pretty attractive addition to any motel room.

I thanked her for all of the useless info, and we parted on mutual Ya, sure, you betcha's.

MM

Damn you, MM, You know how hot that hotdish talk gets me going. While reading your email there I got so excited that my glass eye fell out and rolled under the dresser.

I told you about Jensensensen, he was the cousin who couldn’t attend our wedding because he’d just lost his hand in the harvester accident.

You never listened to me. And don’t even dare try and blame it on my stuttering problem.

Ursa Major said:
MsMaroon said:

MM

Damn you, MM, You know how hot that hotdish talk gets me going. While reading your email there I got so excited that my glass eye fell out and rolled under the dresser.

I told you about Jensensensen, he was the cousin who couldn’t attend our wedding because he’d just lost his hand in the harvester accident.

You never listened to me. And don’t even dare try and blame it on my stuttering problem.

*sigh*

1. Gosh darn it, Urs, you need to use that mesh eyeball catcher I made you!! It attaches so easily to your life alert necklace ... you have no excuses. And with your financial obligations, you cannot afford yet another replacement. I'm still waiting for this month's check.

2. Hotdishes, hotdishes, hotdishes! 😁Yes, I know. No fair since I DO remember how fond you are of the corned beef, Napa cabbage and egg noodle dish, in particular. In the old days, I had to be pretty light on my delicate toes when that aroma wafted about.

3. I do recall Ole. Arrogant guy for a bachelor farmer. But isn't he one of the heirs to the Sen-Sen empire? Hence the augmented last name? Pride doth goeth before a fall-th. Or an unfortunate loss of some body part. Dear, dear Ole. Shame about the zither.

And 4. Ursa, take it back - I have never held your stuttering against you! I still find it occasionally stimulating. And I
hate to tell you - your current wives are the ones who don't listen.

Venmo me if that's easier.

Back