• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Official Baked Spuds GAMEDAY Thread

UnderratedWalrus said:
Game result aside, this is absolute nonsense from the BSC. Idaho can just turn off the additional cameras for the refs and that means every call automatically counts with no chance of review? Complete and utter BS. Hope we do that at Wa-Griz from now on if it's allowed.

Because that is what happened. :roll:

I’m glad that Hauk called the end of thre game the way he did. Petreno’s onside was chicken shit. Too bad we didn’t put it in the end zone.

Nice W, a lot to build on. Brown took care of the ball. Brown and the offense looked great in the 1st half. Defense dominated, after the 1st possession. We hit a long FG!

AKGriz72 said:
Yukon said:
He's on the sideline dressed right now.

In emergency on call status..

Nau is getting thrashed by Sac St... NAU isn't good and Sac St is a legit contender. Brown throws a way better ball than Humphrey. Brown is going to be a star. We have seen Cam's ceiling and it's not that impressive. I'd rather Brown finish the season and be fully comfortable and ready for next year. Kid has improved each week and will continue to do so, given the opportunity. Cam is decent but, Brown is a diamond in the rough, just waiting to be polished. The only way I'd be okay with Cam coming back in, is if they rotate. Brown needs the experience, he is the future.

Griz Addict said:
AKGriz72 said:

Nau is getting thrashed by Sac St... NAU isn't good and Sac St is a legit contender. Brown throws a way better ball than Humphrey. Brown is going to be a star. We have seen Cam's ceiling and it's not that impressive. I'd rather Brown finish the season and be fully comfortable and ready for next year. Kid has improved each week and will continue to do so, given the opportunity. Cam is decent but, Brown is a diamond in the rough, just waiting to be polished. The only way I'd be okay with Cam coming back in, is if they rotate. Brown needs the experience, he is the future.

I hear some people complain that Cam isn't playing. Some want Brown. I just hope it works out

Griz Addict said:
AKGriz72 said:

This - with one exception. Hell, put Patterson in sometimes to mix it up. He looks mobile. Like really quick and shifty. Would love to see some sets with him that throw a defense off. Brown is the future and will be excellent. Imagine the Griz next year and the year after. Lots of young players. Going to be good if we can get some bodies on the line.

Copper Griz said:
Griz Addict said:

This - with one exception. Hell, put Patterson in sometimes to mix it up. He looks mobile. Like really quick and shifty. Would love to see some sets with him that throw a defense off. Brown is the future and will be excellent. Imagine the Griz next year and the year after. Lots of young players. Going to be good if we can get some bodies on the line.

Hopefully all this experience now pays dividends later

Cereal_Killer said:
What's the deal with Petrino by the way? His reputation etc.??

From comments here it sounds like he is shady?
It’s his last name and all the disgraceful actions of his family.

It started with his dad. The only time I’ve ever witnessed a winning Coach more hated in the town he coached in was Chris Ault.

Apparently you reap what you sow.

Ursa Major said:
Cereal_Killer said:
What's the deal with Petrino by the way? His reputation etc.??

From comments here it sounds like he is shady?

It started with his dad. The only time I’ve ever witnessed a winning Coach more hated in the town he coached in was Chris Ault.

There's a myriad of reasons, but what cemented my low opinion of him was: back when his own kid was playing for him (Mason), and every time the kid came to the sideline, dear old Dad was in the kids' face, screaming at him vehemently, and not allowing the kid to walk away. It made me wonder how he treated the kid in private if that was how he acted toward him in public. And yes, I realize it's football and not synchronized swimming, but in my opinion he crossed a line.

And I realize others disagreed, but I felt that his decision to kick the onside instead of kicking the ball deep last night, just demonstrates his lack of class, which obviously trickles down to his players because they acted like thugs for the majority of the game.

Da Boyz Mom said:
And I realize others disagreed, but I felt that his decision to kick the onside instead of kicking the ball deep last night, just demonstrates his lack of class, which obviously trickles down to his players because they acted like thugs for the majority of the game.
Idaho Penalties: 12 for 114 yards.

Griz had 8 for 87, which is not great either. However, as I said in another post, some might have been attempts at payback and "they always flag the second guy."

Da Boyz Mom said:
Ursa Major said:

There's a myriad of reasons, but what cemented my low opinion of him was: back when his own kid was playing for him (Mason), and every time the kid came to the sideline, dear old Dad was in the kids' face, screaming at him vehemently, and not allowing the kid to walk away. It made me wonder how he treated the kid in private if that was how he acted toward him in public. And yes, I realize it's football and not synchronized swimming, but in my opinion he crossed a line.

I’m telling you, that’s been the mentality at Idaho for at least as far back as the mid-80’s when I attended school there. Keith Gilbertson was the head coach, the players were assholes on and off the field, a couple of them got arrested for breaking and entering a local electronics establishment and it just “went away”….I got in a fight with the DE in a pick-up basketball game because he played THAT game dirty too….they played dirty on the field (like now), then there’s that shitty facility, with that shitty field that seems to have the biggest turf monster in the league, creating numerous shitty injuries, in that shitty little town stuck in the middle of nowhere, 7-miles from a shitty PAC-12 school, etc., etc., etc…..

As you can see, I have some fond memories of that place….I hope they never win another BSC game in my lifetime.

IdaGriz01 said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
Idaho Penalties: 12 for 114 yards.

Griz had 8 for 87, which is not great either. However, as I said in another post, some might have been attempts at payback and "they always flag the second guy."

Gubner’s 15 yarder wasn’t a penalty at all. Negating RH’s INT.
Ford’s mythical “block in the back” on Robertson’s INT return was apparently agains a ghost
There was NO movement on the 2-point conversion attempt…

That’s 35 yards of penalties right there. Three things that absolutely did not happen. Fuck Idaho and it’s shitty facility with a broken down replay system. The BSC should be embarrassed. But they won’t be.

Back