• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Official Baked Spuds GAMEDAY Thread

AZGrizFan said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Idaho Penalties: 12 for 114 yards.

Griz had 8 for 87, which is not great either. However, as I said in another post, some might have been attempts at payback and "they always flag the second guy."

Gubner’s 15 yarder wasn’t a penalty at all. Negating RH’s INT.
Ford’s mythical “block in the back” on Robertson’s INT return was apparently agains a ghost
There was NO movement on the 2-point conversion attempt…

That’s 35 yards of penalties right there. Three things that absolutely did not happen. [#]f### Idaho and it’s shitty facility with a broken down replay system. The BSC should be embarrassed. But they won’t be.

Absolutely agree on Gub's penalty. On the other two, the SWX camera work made it difficult to see, but in general the officiating was pure trash last night. I was incensed about #2 for Idaho throwing punches and no flags. Just terrible.

Da Boyz Mom said:
AZGrizFan said:
Ford’s mythical “block in the back” on Robertson’s INT return was apparently agains a ghost

That’s 35 yards of penalties right there. Three things that absolutely did not happen. [#]f### Idaho and it’s shitty facility with a broken down replay system. The BSC should be embarrassed. But they won’t be.

Absolutely agree on Gub's penalty. On the other two, the SWX camera work made it difficult to see, but in general the officiating was pure trash last night. I was incensed about #2 for Idaho throwing punches and no flags. Just terrible.

I’ll give you Ford’s, because he was so far out of the play the camera wasn’t even on him. But the 2-point conversion there was great camera work, and NOBODY moved. Nobody. Refs were basically confused by the alignment, threw a flag and didn’t know what to call, so they called motion, when replay clearly showed NOBODY moved. Total BS….but it’s what we’ve come to expect….and the whole punch thing. If that dude isn’t suspended by the league….

Da Boyz Mom said:
AZGrizFan said:

This is a bsc joke. Seriously ?

AZGrizFan said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

I’ll give you Ford’s, because he was so far out of the play the camera wasn’t even on him. But the 2-point conversion there was great camera work, and NOBODY moved. Nobody. Refs were basically confused by the alignment, threw a flag and didn’t know what to call, so they called motion, when replay clearly showed NOBODY moved. Total BS….but it’s what we’ve come to expect….and the whole punch thing. If that dude isn’t suspended by the league….

I'm rewatching the game and you are 100% correct on the trick play. They called false start on #73, Colin Dreis, who was on the right side of the formation and CLEARLY visible. He didn't even flinch, and even after going back and watching the play several times, I can't see anyone else who moved early either. Totally bogus call.

fanofzoo said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

This is a bsc joke. Seriously ?

Ya I thought the punch from the Idaho player was pure class... Zebras were blind to it.

Griz2k said:
Things are going to turn around for the Griz today. Just have a feeling our offense is going to come to life.

While I do realize it was Idaho and they are just not a good team, I did like what I saw for the most part. I really like the touch on the long ball from Brown. I was glad to see them finally take some shots down the field. Things I didn't like..... running our tiniest RB constantly into the middle of the pile, especially on goal line downs. I will probably never understand why you can't put a bruiser like Turner in the game in those situations. Either Turner is just not good or Hauck really doesn't like him as I just don't see why he doesn't play more. Also, hated the called QB run to the right with Brown late in the 4th when the game was clearly in hand. Why risk getting him hurt on a play like that? Overall, I think it was a good confidence boosting type of game.

AZGrizFan said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Idaho Penalties: 12 for 114 yards.

Griz had 8 for 87, which is not great either. However, as I said in another post, some might have been attempts at payback and "they always flag the second guy."

It seemed like anytime an Idaho player's helmet came loose, the Griz got penalized. While I don't think Gubner will be suspended next game, it's an understandable call by the refs, as it looked worse at first-light than after watching several replays. As far as Ford goes, he's a penalty waiting to happen and while I didn't see the penalty, neither did you due to the lousy Idaho Tv coverage. The refs had no bearing on the game, so why whine about a cpl calls that didn't affect the outcome?

So we can only be upset about bad calls that effect the outcome of the game? When the call is made, how do you know if it will effect the outcome of the game or not?

If we are ahead by 20 points and a series of bad calls results in us only winning by 2 points, we can't be upset about those bad calls because we still won the game, correct?

Asking for a friend! :D

Zirg said:
AZGrizFan said:

It seemed like anytime an Idaho player's helmet came loose, the Griz got penalized. While I don't think Gubner will be suspended next game, it's an understandable call by the refs, as it looked worse at first-light than after watching several replays. As far as Ford goes, he's a penalty waiting to happen and while I didn't see the penalty, neither did you due to the lousy Idaho Tv coverage. The refs had no bearing on the game, so why whine about a cpl calls that didn't affect the outcome?

Because what happens when they DO affect the outcome?

Back