• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Summit League will be calling

grizindabox said:
Did he ever explain why this is good for UM..or is he just trying to conjure up what he believes is best for UND?

Because the Montanas want to go FBS and be in better academic circles. Most of the Pig Sky is penniless and lacks in graduate and professional schools, research, and athletic aspirations. One needs at least 8 FBS schools to form an FBS conference and get part of the CFP millions by 2025. The Montanas are not wanted by the MWC and they can’t afford it anyway. Looking east to neighboring state solves this predicament.

Explained this multiple times to this board, but they seem to want to remain ignorant and lower themselves to playing CWU.

UNDfan said:
grizindabox said:
Did he ever explain why this is good for UM..or is he just trying to conjure up what he believes is best for UND?

Because the Montanas want to go FBS and be in better academic circles. Most of the Pig Sky is penniless and lacks in graduate and professional schools, research, and athletic aspirations. One needs at least 8 FBS schools to form an FBS conference and get part of the CFP millions by 2025. The Montanas are not wanted by the MWC and they can’t afford it anyway. Looking east to neighboring state solves this predicament.

Explained this multiple times to this board, but they seem to want to remain ignorant and lower themselves to playing CWU.

So you see UM as being in a good financial position currently? And to be honest, I am not sure either UM or MSU has any desire to move to a FBS Conference...I would think a majority of the fans don't want to see it.

grizindabox said:
UNDfan said:
grizindabox said:

So you see UM as being in a good financial position currently? And to be honest, I am not sure either UM or MSU has any desire to move to a FBS Conference...I would think a majority of the fans don't want to see it.

It’s such a shame Seth doesn’t listen to his moronic fans and has his own vision.

FBS in a league where costs are kept down pays much more dividends than FCS, including millions in PR that simply isn’t there at FCS

I'm sitting in traffic in Boise earlier today after spending yesterday with a college friend from the mid 70s. It's not too difficult to envision both Missoula and Bozeman in the same growth boom within ten years as Boise experienced since we graduated not that many years ago. I don't see the Montana schools ever getting into the midwest other than for nonconference games. I'd be interested to see how much the Washington Group contributes to the Boise economy in general and Boise State specifically and bounce those numbers off their contributions to the Montana schools and communities.

Again, I just don't see the Montana schools aligning themselves with the midwest even though I understand we're going to see a great deal of conference realignment within FCS and the the Group of 5 soon. Certainly the PAC 12 is going to have to do something with their current television contracts.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
I'm sitting in traffic in Boise earlier today after spending yesterday with a college friend from the mid 70s. It's not too difficult to envision both Missoula and Bozeman in the same growth boom within ten years as Boise experienced since we graduated not that many years ago. I don't see the Montana schools ever getting into the midwest other than for nonconference games. I'd be interested to see how much the Washington Group contributes to the Boise economy in general and Boise State specifically and bounce those numbers off their contributions to the Montana schools and communities.

Again, I just don't see the Montana schools aligning themselves with the midwest even though I understand we're going to see a great deal of conference realignment within FCS and the the Group of 5 soon. Certainly the PAC 12 is going to have to do something with their current television contracts.
Micron’s rise led to much of Boise’s growth, as it already had Simplot, Albertson’s, and Boise-Cascade (some of those no longer have HQs in Boise). Don’t see a comparable company based in Missoula or Bozeman causing such growth.

https://www.wired.com/story/how-a-boise-company-thrives-in-the-global-chip-business/

But do see massive growth and corporate and personal financial growth on the MonDak border that needs to be tapped into. Griz fans seem to avoid that topic.

UNDfan, a word of advice: You should post all of this stuff over on Bobcatnation.com.
I know a lot of Griz fans are already really liking what you're saying, and many of them are starting to come around to your sensible ideas. If you can get the Bobcat fans over on Bobcatnation.com to agree, you might drive some real change.

Bobcatnation.com. That's your new target. Good luck!

PS, ProTip: The posters over there on Bobcatnation.com respond to blanket insults even better than we do, so don't be afraid to let it fly!

UNDfan said:
But do see massive growth and corporate and personal financial growth on the MonDak border that needs to be tapped into. Griz fans seem to avoid that topic.
Possibly because it's about 700 miles from Missoula.

kemajic said:
UNDfan said:
Possibly because it's about 700 miles from Missoula.

Haha! Very true. Missoula is also closer to Sacramento and Davis than it is to Grand Forks. You can drive from Missoula to the Pacific Ocean, and back, and put fewer miles on your vehicle than if you just drove to Grand Forks.

CDAGRIZ said:
UNDfan, a word of advice: You should post all of this stuff over on Bobcatnation.com.
I know a lot of Griz fans are already really liking what you're saying, and many of them are starting to come around to your sensible ideas. If you can get the Bobcat fans over on Bobcatnation.com to agree, you might drive some real change.

Bobcatnation.com. That's your new target. Good luck!

PS, ProTip: The posters over there on Bobcatnation.com respond to blanket insults even better than we do, so don't be afraid to let it fly!

That's solid advice

MIssoula is like Butte, as both are far from the Montana commercial center, but think they are something. Didn’t realize the Griz are from the University of Missoula. All the geography arguments are based on that. Montana is a big state that requires driving and none of your fans have acknowledged that or even considered eastern Montana about fan desires.

Posted at bobkittynation before and they were almost as bad and ignorant as the Griz, but not quite.

UND, you need a theme song for your act, and I suggest 'Chumbawamba's' "I Get Knocked Down But I Get Up Again." Some of the lyrics:

"I get knocked down, but I get up again,
Nobodys gonna keep me down,
I get knocked down, but I get up again,
Nobodys gonna keep me down.
(Chorus) Pissin' the night away, Pissin' the night away..."
:thumb:

UNDfan said:
MIssoula is like Butte, as both are far from the Montana commercial center, but think they are something. Didn’t realize the Griz are from the University of Missoula. All the geography arguments are based on that. Montana is a big state that requires driving and none of your fans have acknowledged that or even considered eastern Montana about fan desires.

Posted at bobkittynation before and they were almost as bad and ignorant as the Griz, but not quite.

You should go give those fans another chance. With the resurgence of their program, I bet they would pay you some mind. Again, it's Bobcatnation.com

CDAGRIZ said:
UNDfan said:

You should go give those fans another chance. With the resurgence of their program, I bet they would pay you some mind. Again, it's Bobcatnation.com

UND, think of the intellectual challenge. Your chance to move up from A to Double A.

tourist said:
CDAGRIZ said:
UNDfan said:

UND, think of the intellectual challenge. Your chance to move up from A to Double A.
Give Major League advice and predictions, not minor league. This board isn’t even A level based on their responses. They seem incapable of even thinking like a U President. The Griz should compete against Hellgate and Sentinel, and then this board would be ecstatic.

Perhaps there may be some Griz posters that even partially agree, but they don’t have cajones.

UNDfan said:
tourist said:
CDAGRIZ said:
UNDfan said:

Give Major League advice and predictions, not minor league. This board isn’t even A level based on their responses. They seem incapable of even thinking like a U President. The Griz should compete against Hellgate and Sentinel, and then this board would be ecstatic.

Perhaps there may be some Griz posters that even partially agree, but they don’t have cajones.

Go for it: https://www.tidefans.com/forums/football

EDIT: Actually, go here: https://www.volnation.com/forum/forums/tennessee-vols-football.6/

Major league advice on those two sites. They will care about what you have to say exactly as much as we do.

CDAGRIZ said:
The f*** is the Summit? Is that where UND landed after being booted from our conference?

The BSC doesn't boot programs. It accepts those that have a heartbeat and a minimum of 600 miles away from any other. UND fit like a glove. #BSClovesgeographicisolation

BornGrizz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
The f*** is the Summit? Is that where UND landed after being booted from our conference?

The BSC doesn't boot programs. It accepts those that have a heartbeat and a minimum of 600 miles away from any other. UND fit like a glove. #BSClovesgeographicisolation
Yep, broke our hearts when they left for the greener pastures of the Midwest, where they belong.

I hear DeCuire is hoping this will happen soon so he won't have to ever leave the friendly confines of Missoula and still make the Big Bucks that will inevitably roll in!

Back