• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Too Early 2024 Predictions

get'em_griz

DONOR
After a surprise run to the FCS title game in 2023, I think it's safe to say there are high expectations this year for a top seed and another deep playoff run. There appear to still be some questions about who will be QB1 and if they will be able to take this offense and make it run well. Assuming things go well, what do you think our record for the 2024 season will be?

* Playoff Participant 2024

vs Missouri State - W

@ *North Dakota - W This will be the first real test for the Griz. UND will be tough to go into their place and win, but as we saw last year in the playoffs when Sacramento State went in and beat them, they are certainly beatable.

vs Morehead State - W

vs Western Carolina - W

@ Eastern Washington - W We finally get our first win on the inferno.

vs Northern Arizona - W This one I think the guys will be ready for. Being the only team they lost to last year, don't look for a letdown against NAU.

BYE

@ Northern Colorado - W

@ Cal Poly - W

vs UC Davis - W UC Davis has been pretty good the last several years, and likely was snubbed out of the playoffs last year. Should be a home victory, but Davis will be coming into WA-Griz hoping to take another upset victory like they did a few years ago.

vs Portland State - W

@ *Montana State - L. I think this game is always a toss-up before the game, but with the history of the home team blowing the visitor away consistently for the last 10-ish years, I think MSU likely takes this one. MSU will be licking their chops for payback, it's Touchdown Tommy's final Cat/Griz game, and a raucous crowd will be what helps get MSU the W.

If we can get solid QB play from whoever takes QB1, I have the Griz likely going 11-1, but I can see them potentially finishing 9-3. 8-4 would be the worst-case scenario. How do y'all think the Griz will do with this year's schedule?

After a surprise run to the FCS title game in 2023, I think it's safe to say there are high expectations this year for a top seed and another deep playoff run. There appear to still be some questions about who will be QB1 and if they will be able to take this offense and make it run well. Assuming things go well, what do you think our record for the 2024 season will be?

vs Missouri State - W

@ *North Dakota - W This will be the first real test for the Griz. UND will be tough to go into their place and win, but as we saw last year in the playoffs when Sacramento State went in and beat them, they are certainly beatable.

vs Morehead State - W

vs Western Carolina - W

vs Northern Arizona - W This one I think the guys will be ready for. Being the only team they lost to last year, don't look for a letdown against NAU.

BYE

@ Northern Colorado - W

@ Cal Poly - W

vs UC Davis - W UC Davis has been pretty good the last several years, and likely was snubbed out of the playoffs last year. Should be a home victory, but Davis will be coming into WA-Griz hoping to take another upset victory like they did a few years ago.

vs Portland State - W

@ *Montana State - L. I think this game is always a toss-up before the game, but with the history of the home team blowing the visitor away consistently for the last 10-ish years, I think MSU likely takes this one. MSU will be licking their chops for payback, it's Touchdown Tommy's final Cat/Griz game, and a raucous crowd will be what helps get MSU the W.

If we can get solid QB play from whoever takes QB1, I have the Griz likely going 11-1, but I can see them potentially finishing 9-3. 8-4 would be the worst-case scenario. How do y'all think the Griz will do with this year's schedule?
15-0

#ftc

MSU will be tough down there for sure, but I think UND is the toughest game we have. I can see undefeated, but 11-1 or 10-2 is a possibility. Thanks for the analysis.

vs Missouri State - W

vs Morehead State - W

vs Western Carolina - W

BYE

@ Northern Colorado - W

@ Cal Poly - W

vs Portland State - W

I think that UND game will be a tougher one than the Cats. Yeah, it all hinges on the QB play. 12-0 or 11-1.

I’m not gonna make a prediction yet as I’ll start on my conference wide breakdown/predictions next month. As far as the cats, I don’t think they’re gonna be as tough this year. It sounds like they have serious concerns with their Defense (Dline especially), they don’t have Chambers to fall back on this year when Tommy gets hurt, 2 of their top RB’s (Davis, White) tore their ACL’s and won’t play this season. Not to mention how many games their special teams lost them last year and they did nothing to address that. We may lose to the cats, but I don’t think we’re gonna get blown out. I expect it to be a rock fight

Without knowing anything about their roster or what they have coming back, I'm thinking Western Carolina isn't going to be a gimme. They went 7-4 last year - losing to Arkansas and 2 FCS playoff teams. Their one head scratcher was losing to (5-6) VMI by only 3 points in their final game. If they had won that game they probably would have been a playoff team. I think both UND and Western Carolina will be good tests to see where the Griz are at early in the season.

Like everyone else, I'm most concerned about quarterback and the o-line. The defense has bailed out the offense in past years, and while I'm sure the defense will still be pretty good this next year, it remains to be seen exactly how good after losing Gubner and others. If the defense turns out to be not quite as good as in years past, the offense is going to have to step it up which means a lot of necessary improvement in the offensive line and the quarterback position.

Luckily it's a good conference schedule.

If our running game continues to be as effective as it was last year (a very tall order), then we'll win a ton of games this year.

If not, we'll probably win a lot of games just because our schedule is favorable, but I don't see us matching the success of last season, unless Ah Yat or Fife (or whomever) is the truth at QB.

vs Missouri State - W

vs Morehead State - W

vs Western Carolina - W

BYE

@ Northern Colorado - W

@ Cal Poly - W

vs Portland State - W

Weber is between Eastern and NAU. It will be a tough game. Griz win at home.

Back