• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Toure/Flowers- WR's

Griz Addict said:
goatcreekgriz said:
I don’t understand the criticism of Cam. Heck, even Tom Brady isn’t perfect, why is perfection expected of Cam? He had a heckuva game (again).

Tom Brady plays NFL competition, the best in the game. Not Western Illinois competition. Cam is okay. He's not great and he's not bad. He's a game manager. I'd take Sneed, Gustafson, Johnson, Selle etc over Cam. If he could put together a full game and get his emotions under control, he could be great. A lot of his passes are scary looking and our WRs make the most of a bad throw. He has already over thrown a lot of wide open people. If his first look isn't open he tends to take off. He needs to make better reads. To me, he seems to get overwhelmed at first until he gets comfortable. If we are playing NDSU. James Madison, or UNI, we don't have time for him to get comfortable. He needs to be comfortable right away. If he improves on that and his accuracy, we are in really good shape. Our defense is baller though and will bail us out a lot, if needed.
You lost me with Gustafson. Actually, you lost me with most of your post. It is totally inconsistent with his production.

Spanky2 said:
kemajic said:
His YAC could be superior to Toure; watch some of his KO returns to watch his field vision and cutting capability. He'd been underutilized as a receiver until Toure left. I remember Mariani not getting enough time as a sophomore.
Kem, something just occurred to me. Do you have any idea of the percentage of posters on the board that didn’t attend UM?
Probably higher than we would like.

If you want an unbiased description of our starting QB, listen to the WIU coach's press conference.

My buddy and I were talking on the way home how much better Cam was in the pocket this year. His presence to step up and avoid contact to keep the play alive, his decisions on when to stay in the pocket vs. when to take off, his ability to keep his eyes up when he is running to find an open receiver, etc. He's not flashy, he's not shifty, he's not fast, but I'm glad he's our QB!

MikeyGriz said:
My buddy and I were talking on the way home how much better Cam was in the pocket this year. His presence to step up and avoid contact to keep the play alive, his decisions on when to stay in the pocket vs. when to take off, his ability to keep his eyes up when he is running to find an open receiver, etc. He's not flashy, he's not shifty, he's not fast, but I'm glad he's our QB!

:thumb:
Nothing wrong with a steady eddy

Back