• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

TV coverage for Opening Game?

Okay, I give up. The whole ABC/Fox/SWX mishmash is beyond me. We live in Missoula. On the schedule on gogriz.com, it shows this game being shown on ABC Fox (SWX Billings - which , I assume means if you live in Billings, you have to watch on SWX because why would you bother saying it is on ABC Fox in the first place if it is only on SWX?). The handy chart below the game schedule on gogriz.com shows that ABC Fox is channel 23, KTMF. However, the game is not listed on my Dish schedule on channel 23 (which is KTMF) - not on the on-screen guide and not on the online Dish "Find My Game" guide. The Missoulian today said it would be on SWX with no mention of KTMF ABC Fox. I can get SWX through an over-the-air antenna, but I would like a clear answer if anyone has it as I am hoping to avoid the "Where the hell is this game?" scramble at 1 p.m. on Saturday. Why would gogriz.com show the game being on ABC Fox (KTMF 23) if it is only on SWX???? On KTMF, I can record the game; on SWX, I cannot absent some sort of OTA DVR which I do not want to invest in. Is there someplace the games shown on SWX are archived to watch later? Is it just me confused here? What am I missing? Since people need a different antenna to get SWX, why make it appear that people are going to get this through their satellite provider (KTMF 23) in the first place? Why not just explain from the beginning that they will need to get SWX to watch these games? Surely I am missing something here?

Living out of state and area, it is seemingly impossible to view a Griz game. As a result, it is hard to maintain enthusiasm for the University that seems to miss so many chances to promote itself. That's life, I guess, but for many of us, UM will not be a factor on week ends.
That is sad.

GrizLA said:
Living out of state and area, it is seemingly impossible to view a Griz game. As a result, it is hard to maintain enthusiasm for the University that seems to miss so many chances to promote itself. That's life, I guess, but for many of us, UM will not be a factor on week ends.
That is sad.

In Colorado I see every game.

GrizLA said:
That is sad.

Game 1: Get a subscription to ESPN + 4.99
Game 2/3 Go Griz $7.99
Game 5/6/7/9/11/12 At&t $40 a month
Game 8/10 Free

Here are 11 out of the 12 games. It's not expensive nor difficult to find these games out of state.

TXST game not on ESPN+ as advertised per TXST website. I wonder if the Griz game will be on Saturday on ESPN+.

I was hoping to watch Vitt & Jensen play tonight.

Looking on my dads Spectrum in Missoula and I don’t see the game listed anywhere. Help please?

SoCal Surfer said:
TXST game not on ESPN+ as advertised per TXST website. I wonder if the Griz game will be on Saturday on ESPN+.

I was hoping to watch Vitt & Jensen play tonight.

It's also on SEC if you can find that, Vitt might be getting the hook soon.

AZGrizFan said:
Looking on my dads Spectrum in Missoula and I don’t see the game listed anywhere. Help please?

See my post above -- if you are going to watch in Missoula, it appears you need to go get an over-the-air antenna to watch it on SWX or you can subscribe to ESPN+. As I said in my post, I have NO clue what all the information before about this being available on "Channel 23, ABC Fox" were about on gogriz.com because you cannot get it on the local KTMF channel (unless I am totally misinterpreting everything I have found so far.)

'68griz said:
Dish shows an Alabama game on KTMF at 1:00 on Saturday.

See my fairly long post above. In spite of being announced on gogriz.com that the game will be on KTMF, so far, it appears that it will only be available through an over-the-air antenna on SWX or through a ESPN+ subscription (they may have a short free trial period -- I can't remember). I am still waiting for someone who understands this better to tell us why it is shown on gogriz.com as being on KTMF when it is not showing up on any Saturday guide as being on that channel. I sure hope it is on KTMF, but, so far, that does not appear to be the case.

DIRECTV is showing that the game is televised on channel 23 . So confusing. The athletic department should make an announcement so everyone understands where the game is actually televised

bozono said:
DIRECTV is showing that the game is televised on channel 23 . So confusing. The athletic department should make an announcement so everyone understands where the game is actually televised

That is encouraging news!!! Maybe Dish is just not going to bother to list it on their schedule. I have tried looking for the schedule on the KTMF website . . . they have KTMF 23.1, 23.2, and 23.3 (SWX). The game is shown at 1 p.m. on Saturday as being on 23.1 and 23.3 but whether 23.1 is the same as channel 23, well know knows? You need a Ouija board and two psychics to figure it out, I guess.

bozono said:
ABC Website schedule shows it on SWX and the regular station !!

Good news - so why the Missoulian reported today it would be on SWX (with no mention of ABC) will remain one of life's mysteries.

The online Dish guide has the Griz game at 1 pm on KTMF;
the schedule on my TV has the Alabama-Duke game at 1 pm on KTMF. Someone please explain....

Back