• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM Beats UND in 2d Half - 14-7

kemajic said:
EverettGriz said:
I’m neutral on being excited for “beating” a team in the second half who pummeled us so bad in the first half they coasted home.
You likely did just that in last year's Weber game.

Too bad we couln't coast home after pummeling EWU in the first half last year.

or coast home after getting ahead of western illinois this year.

puckshootr said:
geaux_sioux said:
PlayerRep said:
Two very ugly and disappointing games in a row for Griz, but I still like the team and am hopeful they can get back on track. I will never give up on any team of mine, including this one. Think they want to win and play hard. Know Hauck and the coaches are good.

Go Griz!

Only 30 yards for UM in 3d quarter. 153 in 4th, mostly due to Humphrey's passing. 222 yards for UND in 2d half, in part due to keeping it on the ground. TO was 413 to 536. 343 passing yards for Griz. 6 penalties for Griz. 5 punts for Griz. 4 for UND.

Griz need to get JLM back in the offense.

Can all the neggies post in the other threads. Would be nice to see some neutral to positive comments from some of you here. I'm curious as to what you think.
Congrats on scoring twice in the fourth quarter against our 4th string defense.

I am just glad that we didn’t have to play UND in hockey!

I wouldn’t go that far. We were 0-1-1 against Bemidji St this weekend. Not looking like a typical UND hockey team.

stubbins said:
AZGrizFan said:
Something positive?

I’m positive this looked a LOT like the Weber loss last year, in which many here were absolutely flamespraying Stitt and his schemes.

I think it’s positive that everyone forgot how embarrassing last week was.
The winner!

argh! said:
kemajic said:
EverettGriz said:
I’m neutral on being excited for “beating” a team in the second half who pummeled us so bad in the first half they coasted home.
You likely did just that in last year's Weber game.

Too bad we couln't coast home after pummeling EWU in the first half last year.

or coast home after getting ahead of western illinois this year.
Agree; Sneed gave them every chance to win with a two score lead late in Q4.

argh! said:
AZGrizFan said:
Something positive?

I’m positive this looked a LOT like the Weber loss last year, in which many here were absolutely flamespraying Stitt and his schemes.

the griz still had a chance against the weebs in the last few minutes of that game. hill had subbed in and played ok, but the final drive obviously didn't work. the griz were never in today's game.
Chance to win? Never got closer than the final score with UM scoring last. There was zero chance to win that game after spotting Weber 31 in the first half.

kemajic said:
argh! said:
AZGrizFan said:
Something positive?

the griz still had a chance against the weebs in the last few minutes of that game. hill had subbed in and played ok, but the final drive obviously didn't work. the griz were never in today's game.
Chance to win? Never got closer than the final score with UM scoring last. There was zero chance to win that game after spotting Weber 31 in the first half.

Nope. Zero chance. Especially once Gresch went out. The only difference is they looked like they had a pulse in the 2nd half. Not so against UND, until Humphrey came in.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
I truly don't believe how dumb some of you are so. Jeez, humor. Joke. Even argh is running circles around you. I agree with your post, argh.

I’m calling BS on this. You’re NOW trying to pass it off as humor because you realize how ridiculous the original post was in retrospect.

Was humor all along. This was the first sentence of my post:

"Two very ugly and disappointing games in a row for Griz, but I still like the team and am hopeful they can get back on track."

My post, as opposed to thread title, said nothing about winning the second half, or the second half being good.

My goal was to start a thread where there could be positive discussion, and not just dumb complaints.

Along the lines of positive/neutral discussion; I have waited a couple of days and erased about 20 posts that I started and then reconsidered. Sober second thought. Speaking of sober, it was great to see so many griz fans in the lobby at Alerus before the game but what was with that beer tub? Coors Light, Lite Beer, Michelob Light and Bud Light??!!!! If you don't like beer just admit it and drink something else. I did find a scotish ale by some local brewer that wasn't half bad.

To the game: First things first, with that many turnovers Stitt doesn't win it, Hauck doesn't win it, Shula doesn't win it, Lombardi doesn't win it.

I was happy to see the amount of coaching that was going on, on the sidelines. Every time a player game off they were met by coaches for a word or grouped up.

Our offensive line got pushed around but also moved around by UND's flexible blitz packages, I felt we might have needed more TE/RB protection packages. Empty backfields pre-snap meant the QB was in trouble early in the play. Missing our starting center didn't help, though at least from the point of view of the snapping the back up did a decent job.

At the moment I like either of our Senior running backs ahead of our RS Freshman, not saying that he isn't a good player and won't one day be a great player. I see more dynamic and decisive running from either of the seniors.

Our secondary struggles not only from having two WR playing corner, but also while all of our safeties are very good to excellent against the run, passing coverage is not their strength. Part of this is confusion about the schemes like on the first and third touchdowns. It also doesn't help that they are asked to cover for a long time because unless we blitz we don't get much pressure, which leads to the next point.

We are undersized/under strength on the DL. So we have to send LB's and DB's, we don't really have a Rush End off the bench either. Obviously our scheme is set up for the linemen to eat up blockers and the backers to make the tackles but I notice that quite often that initial point of contact is three or four yards downfield. Interestingly our nose tackle is quite tall for a NT and even though he's strong as a house and roughly that size, it can't help his leverage to hold position in there.

Since we converted two LB's to FB but don't use a FB I wonder if there is any merit in moving those guys back to their natural position and using more of a 4-3-4, the LB's we are using now certainly look athletic enough to pick up some of the coverage duties that our current hybrid position requires.

And last but not least our starting QB does tend to lock on his target very early, sometimes it appears even pre-snap. My GF noticed this as well and she is a curler and volleyball player, so it might be obvious. This might be partly because he doesn't think he will have time, and is usually right. Running through progressions is a tough thing for young QB's. I hope he improves, I am sure he is working on this. And no comment as to which QB should be playing, I liked the way the back up threw the ball but at that point UND was running contests where kids from the student section could play a series on defense.

Just my thoughts and observations, take them for what they are worth. Keeping in mind that I am a foreigner, a libtard, a user of metric, I never played the game, I am unranked in tennis, I'm not the best in space, but my ex wife described me as both cold and loud.

SaskGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
I truly don't believe how dumb some of you are so. Jeez, humor. Joke. Even argh is running circles around you. I agree with your post, argh.

I’m calling BS on this. You’re NOW trying to pass it off as humor because you realize how ridiculous the original post was in retrospect.

"Two very ugly and disappointing games in a row for Griz, but I still like the team and am hopeful they can get back on track."

My post, as opposed to thread title, said nothing about winning the second half, or the second half being good.

My goal was to start a thread where there could be positive discussion, and not just dumb complaints.

Along the lines of positive/neutral discussion; I have waited a couple of days and erased about 20 posts that I started and then reconsidered. Sober second thought. Speaking of sober, it was great to see so many griz fans in the lobby at Alerus before the game but what was with that beer tub? Coors Light, Lite Beer, Michelob Light and Bud Light??!!!! If you don't like beer just admit it and drink something else. I did find a scotish ale by some local brewer that wasn't half bad...

Just my thoughts and observations, take them for what they are worth. Keeping in mind that I am a foreigner, a libtard, a user of metric, I never played the game, I am unranked in tennis, I'm not the best in space, but my ex wife described me as both cold and loud.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The football observations were good too.

bgbigdog said:
SaskGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Along the lines of positive/neutral discussion; I have waited a couple of days and erased about 20 posts that I started and then reconsidered. Sober second thought. Speaking of sober, it was great to see so many griz fans in the lobby at Alerus before the game but what was with that beer tub? Coors Light, Lite Beer, Michelob Light and Bud Light??!!!! If you don't like beer just admit it and drink something else. I did find a scotish ale by some local brewer that wasn't half bad...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The football observations were good too.

Agree. That was damn funny, sask

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

So you aren’t hopeful they can get back on track?

Back