• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2022 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

Paytonlives said:
Vims Top 10:

1.) Taco Dowler (Billings West) - 5'10", 165 lbs. - WR/CB/ATH
2.) Zac Crews (Missoula Sentinel) - 6'4", 195 lbs. - TE/DE/OLB
3.) Caden Dowler (Billings West) - 6'0", 195 lbs. - S
4.) Kaden Huot (Helena High) - 6'4", 200 lbs. - QB (Griz Verbal)
5.) Malikye Simpson (Billings Senior) - 5'10", 165 lbs. - WR/CB/ATH
6.) Marcus Evans (Helena High) - 6'0", 205 lbs. - RB/LB (Griz Verbal)
7.) Rylan Schlepp (Bozeman Gallatin) - 6'4", 220 lbs. - TE/DE (kitten verbal)
8.) Jake Rendina (Kalispell Glacier) - 5'11", 230 lbs. - RB
9.) Charlie Kirgan (Missoula Sentinel) - 6'0", 210 lbs. - FB/DE
10.) Ethan Abbott (Florence) - 6'4", 275 lbs. - OL/DL

Taco falls somewhere in between Gabe Sulser and Jace Klucewich in terms of talent (great company to be in). If Zac Crews was about 25 lbs. bigger, he would be the clear #1 and likely already scooped up by a FBS program. Caden is a rock solid safety prospect. Kaden was discussed above. Malikye is very, very fast. Marcus has a ton of great instincts as a linebacker that should make him a multi-year starter at the next level. Rylan has length for days and gives coaches a bunch to work with as an offensive threat or a future rush end. Jake is a bowling ball as a runner which makes up for his lack of speed...he's easily a power back at the FCS level but may not get a scholarship offer (military academies want him). Charlie Kirgan is being terribly underrecruited and hopefully another stellar season gets him a scholarship offer from the UM or MSU (I'll be flabbergasted if he only gets NAIA offers). Ethan has the best measurables as a future offensive or defensive lineman at the next level (he's also a monster on tape).

Is Tyson Rostad still a pretty sought after recruit? We offered him pretty I figured he would be in the top 10 in the state, I wonder where Vim has him ranked.

GrizJohnson said:
Paytonlives said:
Vims Top 10:

1.) Taco Dowler (Billings West) - 5'10", 165 lbs. - WR/CB/ATH
2.) Zac Crews (Missoula Sentinel) - 6'4", 195 lbs. - TE/DE/OLB
3.) Caden Dowler (Billings West) - 6'0", 195 lbs. - S
4.) Kaden Huot (Helena High) - 6'4", 200 lbs. - QB (Griz Verbal)
5.) Malikye Simpson (Billings Senior) - 5'10", 165 lbs. - WR/CB/ATH
6.) Marcus Evans (Helena High) - 6'0", 205 lbs. - RB/LB (Griz Verbal)
7.) Rylan Schlepp (Bozeman Gallatin) - 6'4", 220 lbs. - TE/DE (kitten verbal)
8.) Jake Rendina (Kalispell Glacier) - 5'11", 230 lbs. - RB
9.) Charlie Kirgan (Missoula Sentinel) - 6'0", 210 lbs. - FB/DE
10.) Ethan Abbott (Florence) - 6'4", 275 lbs. - OL/DL

Taco falls somewhere in between Gabe Sulser and Jace Klucewich in terms of talent (great company to be in). If Zac Crews was about 25 lbs. bigger, he would be the clear #1 and likely already scooped up by a FBS program. Caden is a rock solid safety prospect. Kaden was discussed above. Malikye is very, very fast. Marcus has a ton of great instincts as a linebacker that should make him a multi-year starter at the next level. Rylan has length for days and gives coaches a bunch to work with as an offensive threat or a future rush end. Jake is a bowling ball as a runner which makes up for his lack of speed...he's easily a power back at the FCS level but may not get a scholarship offer (military academies want him). Charlie Kirgan is being terribly underrecruited and hopefully another stellar season gets him a scholarship offer from the UM or MSU (I'll be flabbergasted if he only gets NAIA offers). Ethan has the best measurables as a future offensive or defensive lineman at the next level (he's also a monster on tape).

Is Tyson Rostad still a pretty sought after recruit? We offered him pretty I figured he would be in the top 10 in the state, I wonder where Vim has him ranked.

I think the Griz really like Tyson at safety. As a next level prospect, he’s higher on this list than Kirgan or Rendina for potential. I think he’s a better safety prospect than maybe Caden Dowler with a better frame but it’s close.

Day or Vim....I thought the Malcolm kid from Billings West was considered the best o/l and easily in the top ten state wide....was i misled ?

krammer said:
Day or Vim....I thought the Malcolm kid from Billings West was considered the best o/l and easily in the top ten state wide....was i misled ?

I think he is right in that convo for top OL. I’d probably put him in my top ten if I did a list.

dayday said:
krammer said:

I think he is right in that convo for top OL. I’d probably put him in my top ten if I did a list.

He was the one in the car accident, correct? Has he fully healed physically from that?

Malcolm is defiantly a top 10 kid with offers from both UM and MSU, I believe.

Tyson Rostad is way too slow for Safety. Athletic kid and good build, but no way he can play Safety at UM. No way he could play Safety in AA even.

rwilliams said:

Tyson Rostad is way too slow for Safety. Athletic kid and good build, but no way he can play Safety at UM. No way he could play Safety in AA even.

Are you saying he would probably play linebacker then? Too slow for AA safety and you start to sound like you think he should just play fullback.

rwilliams said:

Are we talking about the same Tyson Rostad? I have watched him play 4 times. The first being his freshman year in the chipper against Billings Central. The last time was last fall when he personally decimated the Stevensville team. What I saw was a kid who has excellent speed and would dominate at safety at the AA level. He is not Carson at QB, and he is too small to play LB, but he would be great at safety.

406 Grizzly said:
rwilliams said:

Are we talking about the same Tyson Rostad? I have watched him play 4 times. The first being his freshman year in the chipper against Billings Central. The last time was last fall when he personally decimated the Stevensville team. What I saw was a kid who has excellent speed and would dominate at safety at the AA level. He is not Carson at QB, and he is too small to play LB, but he would be great at safety.

Maybe he can play our hybrid LB/safety spot. :lol:

Sounds like Simpson is all but gone to msu too bad https://247sports.com/Article/In-state-schools-standing-out-to-Montana-DB-Malikye-Simpson-167678650/

grizfan1984 said:
Sounds like Simpson is all but gone to msu too bad https://247sports.com/Article/In-state-schools-standing-out-to-Montana-DB-Malikye-Simpson-167678650/

Yeah I was seeing all of his likes was MSU so probably will go there after reading that article. Sounds like he is just waiting if he gets a fbs offer.

dayday said:
GrizJohnson said:

I think the Griz really like Tyson at safety. As a next level prospect, he’s higher on this list than Kirgan or Rendina for potential. I think he’s a better safety prospect than maybe Caden Dowler with a better frame but it’s close.

I have Tyson in the 11-20 range for what its worth. Good player but I do have concerns with where he fits at the next level. For me, his best fit in college is in that strong safety/outside linebacker role (comparable to the Rover role the Griz currently have). But the concerns about his speed and athleticism are valid. He's a partial scholly kid going into his senior season so it isn't like I don't think the kid can't play at the next level. I would also say Dowler is way more refined as a prospect right now with room to grow.

These coaches are sleeping on Charlie Kirgan!

dayday said:
krammer said:

I actually have three olineman going 10, 11, 12 going into this season with them being Ethan Abbott, Zac Malcom, and Burke Mastel, respectively. It was close as all three are outstanding run blockers but I felt Ethan had a little more versatility and growth into more positions. A little more valuable as a prospect.

VimSince03 said:
dayday said:

I actually have three olineman going 10, 11, 12 going into this season with them being Ethan Abbott, Zac Malcom, and Burke Mastel, respectively. It was close as all three are outstanding run blockers but I felt Ethan had a little more versatility and growth into more positions. A little more valuable as a prospect.

Vim, any word on Zac Malcom? I know he was pretty banged up after that wreck in Billings. He was really impressive to watch last fall.

Griz RTD said:
VimSince03 said:

Vim, any word on Zac Malcom? I know he was pretty banged up after that wreck in Billings. He was really impressive to watch last fall.

UM and MSU still have offers out to him. If he plays at high level this fall, I see no reason why he isn't a Cat or Griz by this time next year. I'm only going off what I saw with his junior film and the tragic accident he survived didn't play into any ranking of mine. He plays tackle for Billings West but I see him as a guard at the FCS level. Really dominant in the run game. I mostly just hope he has a great senior season with his teammates without any issues. Billings West is going to be really good again this year as is Missoula Sentinel.

Caden Dowler pics up offer from the U.S. Naval Academy. I am hoping that after the camp on July 31st he gets an offer from the Griz.

https://twitter.com/cadendowler1/status/1415119444024594432?s=21

grizfan1984 said:
https://twitter.com/TysonRostad/status/1415428976084852738

Looks like all that discussion we had about him worked! Maybe we should start talking about Zac Crews and Max Alford a bit more! Looks like we are starting to get this recruiting train going, can't wait to see who's next. Anybody have any ideas?

Back