• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2022 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

IntuitiveGriz said:
QB Kaden Huot is so far having a great Senior season:

Through two games, Huot has completed 70 percent of his passes while compiling 486 yards, five touchdowns and one interception. He has also run for 117 yards and a touchdown for Helena, one of the top teams in the state.

Next up for 2-0 Helena is at 1-1 Butte. Helena won 14-9 last season in Helena.

Butte High was too much for Helena High as expected:

Helena 20
Butte 34

Butte led 27-0, and 34-7, before the final of 34-20.

Zach Tierney had a great OL game and DL game 8 tackles (6 solo, 2 ass, 1 sack).

I'd be really surprised if Butte WR Cameron Gurnsey (ring a bell?) isn't one of the leaders in the state in receptions and/or yards through 3 games. He's tearing it up.

Cameron Gurnsey is having a great year, another name to look out for is Jarrett Wilson QB from Polson both have GRIZ connections.

Don't just take my word for it, listen to Helena High Head coach Scott Evans, praise Junior WR Cameron Gurnsey and Junior 3 Technique DL/Left Tackle Zach Tierney, before playing Butte:

The Nach On Sports Show | Scott Evans Helena High on Podbean

Listen from 8:10 to 10:17

https://www.podbean.com/ea/pb-jubwz-10d55ce

(After 3 games, Gurnsey leads the state in receptions and yards receiving.)

IntuitiveGriz said:
Don't just take my word for it, listen to Helena High Head coach Scott Evans, praise Junior WR Cameron Gurnsey and Junior 3 Technique DL/Left Tackle Zach Tierney, before playing Butte:

The Nach On Sports Show | Scott Evans Helena High on Podbean

Listen from 8:10 to 10:17

https://www.podbean.com/ea/pb-jubwz-10d55ce

(After 3 games, Gurnsey leads the state in receptions and yards receiving.)

https://twitter.com/eystonlakkala/status/1437191533199908864?s=21

Looks like Tierney and other Butte players were at the game.

Huge in-state recruiting losses today with both Billings Dowler Twins and lineman Abbott down the road in Florence…to cats….not good.

WR - Taco Dowler 5' 10" 170 (Billings West HS) Billings, MT (T 2/17/21) (2. 3-Star) kittens, N. Colorado

S - Caden Dowler 6’0” 190 (Billings West HS) Billings, MT kittens, N. Colorado

DL - Ethan Abbott 6' 4" 275 (Florence-Carlton HS) Florence, MT (T 6/24/21) (kittens)

I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:
Huge in-state recruiting losses today with both Billings Dowler Twins and lineman Abbott down the road in Florence…to cats….not good.

WR - Taco Dowler 5' 10" 170 (Billings West HS) Billings, MT (T 2/17/21) (2. 3-Star) kittens, N. Colorado

DL - Ethan Abbott 6' 4" 275 (Florence-Carlton HS) Florence, MT (T 6/24/21) (kittens)

Not surprised by the Dowlers. A bit surprised by Abbott.

I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:

I don’t think those were huge losses. I’ve watched Abbott play. Big kid for sure, but he should just absolutely dominate kids on class B and he wasn’t...not the game I saw. I spoke to a coach who said he’d be a project for either school should he go D1. I know we were talking to him though. And the dowlers were going somewhere together. We only offered taco and not his bro. I don’t think they had any other offers either which is kind of strange. I think Taco will be a good player for sure.

grizfan1984 said:
Ouch that one stings 3 guys in 1 day

Not surprised with the Dowler twins. They are Cat fans. We didn’t offer one for whatever reason. Abbott playing defense line I don’t think is his best position. Anyways Cats got some decent instate products. They will likely get Simpson too. Not going to get everyone. I still think we will win the State in recruiting mostly because Crews is a huge stud.

dayday said:
grizfan1984 said:

Not surprised with the Dowler twins. They are Cat fans. We didn’t offer one for whatever reason. Abbott playing defense line I don’t think is his best position. Anyways Cats got some decent instate products. They will likely get Simpson too. Not going to get everyone. I still think we will win the State in recruiting mostly because Crews is a huge stud.

True, I hope Crews sticks and Huot sticks. I don’t know how many seniors msu has but we don’t have a lot of scholarships to offer, so they may win the state because we just can’t offer anybody else. With that being said if we do have scholarships left I expect some offers in the next week I’m sure the coaches will be out recruiting hard on the bye week.

I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:

Wasn't Junior Bergen a Bobcat commit? I say we try to sign Caden on Monday and then maybe Taco Tuesday.

HookedonGriz said:
I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:

I don’t think those were huge losses. I’ve watched Abbott play. Big kid for sure, but he should just absolutely dominate kids on class B and he wasn’t...not the game I saw. I spoke to a coach who said he’d be a project for either school should he go D1. I know we were talking to him though. And the dowlers were going somewhere together. We only offered taco and not his bro. I don’t think they had any other offers either which is kind of strange. I think Taco will be a good player for sure.
The ol’ we didn’t want em and neither didn’t anyone else. Perfect!

This is one I had been hoping the Griz would offer. I also hope it doesn’t mean Taco will commit there too. Ouch!

https://twitter.com/cadendowler1/status/1437237169500803075?s=21

406 Grizzly said:
This is one I had been hoping the Griz would offer. I also hope it doesn’t mean Taco will commit there too. Ouch!

https://twitter.com/cadendowler1/status/1437237169500803075?s=21

They both committed.

Team10 said:
HookedonGriz said:
The ol’ we didn’t want em and neither didn’t anyone else. Perfect!

Is that what I said? Well if they only offered Taco, it’s pretty evident they weren’t too interested in Caden. That’s not rocket science. I think they were very interested in Abbott.... I just relayed that a coach who knows a lot more about lineman than I do said he’d be a project either way. You MSU fans are not good at reading or comprehending.

grizfan1984 said:

My guess is they’ve had them in their pocket for awhile but asked them to keep it quiet so they could make a splashy announcement after the gold rush game to make it appear that the kids couldn’t wait to sign after that game experience. That’s what I’d do. Marketing 101.

Latest posts

Back