• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

'Voice of the Bobcats' resigned amidst sexual harassment investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
HookedonGriz said:
Story just hit MSN

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/montana-state-broadcaster’s-resignation-came-amidst-sexual-misconduct-sexual-harassment-investigation/ar-BBROHP2?li=BBnb7Kz

The guy is a scumbag. I don't believe his comments about his wife believing him. Anyone with a brain who reads those texts - knows exactly what he was after. It would also be a safe assumption that Amie was not the lone recipient of this type of activity. I would not be surprised if we see additional women come forward.

Copper Griz said:
HookedonGriz said:
Story just hit MSN

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/montana-state-broadcaster’s-resignation-came-amidst-sexual-misconduct-sexual-harassment-investigation/ar-BBROHP2?li=BBnb7Kz

The guy is a scumbag. I don't believe his comments about his wife believing him. Anyone with a brain who reads those texts - knows exactly what he was after. It would also be a safe assumption that Amie was not the lone recipient of this type of activity. I would not be surprised if we see additional women come forward.

Ding ding ding. How this fuck stain can say with a straight face that “his texts had no sexual intent”. Then he ran out of town as quick as he could and claimed it was for his parents health reasons. What a piece of shit.

I wouldn't pick her up at 1:55 am at the MO Club. She went to report on a SEC team. I mean who in their right mind would choose that over the griz? I remember another snowflake girl who made some big claims against JJ a few years back. Let's see how this plays out. I have a feeling there's more to the story. But of course, no one from the Missoulian has ever done that? Right? lol.....

Phat Cat said:
I wouldn't pick her up at 1:55 am at the MO Club. She went to report on a SEC team. I mean who in their right mind would choose that over the griz? I remember another snowflake girl who made some big claims against JJ a few years back. Let's see how this plays out. I have a feeling there's more to the story. But of course, no one from the Missoulian has ever done that? Right? lol.....

So because she’s extremely talented and was able to take those talents elsewhere to land a great job, you’re suggesting she wasn’t harassed??

JFC. It’s scums like you who allow this shit to take place in our society.

I read the whole thing and he just seemed shitty, but finding out he is married is disgusting. My wife would fucking murder me.

EverettGriz said:
Phat Cat said:

So because she’s extremely talented and was able to take those talents elsewhere to land a great job, you’re suggesting she wasn’t harassed??

Oh please, she was not "extremely talented". She didn't even understand football. He articles were fluff, and background. No substance, or accurate analysis. Football coverage improved when she left.

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
Phat Cat said:

Oh please, she was not "extremely talented". She didn't even understand football. He articles were fluff, and background. No substance, or accurate analysis. Football coverage improved when she left.

Huh. Her new job suggests otherwise. But, given that this is coming from you, I am hardly surprised.

EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
Phat Cat said:

Huh. Her new job suggests otherwise. But, given that this is coming from you, I am hardly surprised.

Given that you don't understand football, it's not surprising that you thought she was extremely talented.

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

Given that you don't understand football, it's not surprising that you thought she was extremely talented.

What I understand is talent. Oh, and class. Amie had them both. You do not. Sorry your life is so shitty.

EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

What I understand is talent. Oh, and class. Amie had them both. You do not. Sorry your life is so shitty.

Again, what you don't understand is football. Happy to compare anything in my life to yours.

Wait for it Everett...

I’m sure PR will let you know he had dinner with
somebody very important and has a great deal of money and knows more than you do...Any minute now...

#doesntrepplayers

Buttegrizzle said:
Wait for it Everett...

I’m sure PR will let you know he had dinner with
somebody very important and has a great deal of money and knows more than you do...Any minute now...

#doesntrepplayers

Frankly, even though the guy is a complete asshat as we all know, I truly feel sorry for him.

Now, can we return this thread to it's actual topic, pr, or does sexual harassment have to be about you as well?

dupuyer griz said:
I read the whole thing and he just seemed shitty, but finding out he is married is disgusting. My wife would f***[*] murder me.

As your wife should. I'm not saying the dude is inline for sainthood. I don't like cheaters. It just makes me wonder what the other side of the story is? How did he get her number? This just didn't start out of thin air. I don't think she's telling the whole story. It's not like the dude was her fucking boss or someone with power over her. There's something fishy about this story. Wait for it to play out.

They were colleagues; I assume she gave him her number for professional reasons, as she likely did with Colter, with the beat writer for the Cronicle, and likely hundreds of other professional men. The difference is, none of those men sexually harassed her.

I would guess over 250 women have given me their numbers on a personal or professional basis. And yet remarkably, I haven’t sent disgusting or disturbing texts to any of them.

EverettGriz said:
They were colleagues; I assume she gave him her number for professional reasons, as she likely did with Colter, with the beat writer for the Cronicle, and likely hundreds of other professional men. The difference is, none of those men sexually harassed her.

I would guess over 250 women have given me their numbers on a personal or professional basis. And yet remarkably, I haven’t sent disgusting or disturbing texts to any of them.

Nailed it. This is another instance where the victim is being questioned, when clearly the texts demonstrate the creeper was harassing her. I completely agree that we should let it play out alright, because the evidence will show his actions were wrong and he is guilty of sexual harassment. I see no reason he would not have already come forward with additional information that would support the assertion that it takes two to tango. There isn't any and he ran away to escape his behavior. I feel bad for Amie and she is courageous for coming forward. I also feel bad for his wife. Any comparison to the JJ situation is preposterous. Nothing more than a smokescreen comparing an apple to an orange. Amie made it clear she had not interest - end of story other than creeper physically touching her inappropriately and continuing to harass her. This really is not that hard people.

I hope most of you never serve on a jury. All that is being discussed is what was written in the "media". Let the investigation finish. Maybe it has already I don't know. But, it's he said she said at this point.

Yes, the article favors Amie at this point, but I've learned over time to never trust anything without proof. The written article is not proof. We have no idea if the quotes written are true or not.

I actually fear for my son's future, as they could be accused of anything and are immediately found guilty because of the #metoo movement. However, if this article is true, I hope this guy never works again.

Phat Cat said:
I assume you are the same as Phat Cat on bobcat nation? If so, what you wrote here is fine but some of your comments on the other board are wholly inappropriate. You really should consider editing them so you don’t look like a complete caveman if you haven’t already done so. I would tell you not to be that guy but you were already told that over there before making much worse comments.

Copper Griz said:
HookedonGriz said:
Story just hit MSN

I don't know the guy or anything about him, but a Cat friend said he a high school nerd type of guy who seemed to like being part of the football crowd.

My college age son and his buddies reacted to the text chain from the one night as this likely being a situation where the texts were taken out of context, or a bit out of context. Personally, I don't think it's unusual for guys, whether single or married, to try to get women to come have a a drink with them in a hotel at a conference or on a business trip. It appears that the guy and the reporter did in fact have some sort of relationship or friendship, at least initially. Not saying it was a dating or sexual relationship at all.

Not trying to stick up for this guy, as I know nothing about him and nothing about the facts. Just making some general comments. So far, all the info in the article is what was selected by the Gazette/Missoulian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back