• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What Came 1st, The Snap, or the Timeout?

for the record I bet Choate is sleeping just fine, he has 3 wins over the griz and next year will have home field advantage. For the record I hope the Griz start a new streak against the scats but if they don't the record will reflect that the scats are 4-0 against the Griz in the last 4 meetings. I would hope that if it comes down to the same scenario as last year with the roles reversed that BH would call time out at the last second. I would hope people do not think that is cheating but rather good coaching. For the record I think we have a good year next year.

retiredpopo said:
for the record I bet Choate is sleeping just fine, he has 3 wins over the griz and next year will have home field advantage. For the record I hope the Griz start a new streak against the scats but if they don't the record will reflect that the scats are 4-0 against the Griz in the last 4 meetings. I would hope that if it comes down to the same scenario as last year with the rolls reversed that BH would call time out at the last second. I would hope people do not think that is cheating but rather good coaching. For the record I think we have a good year next year.

For the record, I think you're right about Choach's sleep patterns. For the record, I don't think he thinks about much. For the record, I would put some money on him owning several butterfly nets.

For the record and for the love of God can we get this thread locked. If not can someone please tell me the real story why Traitorack got fired in this thread.

Grizwold said:
For the record and for the love of God can we get this thread locked. If not can someone please tell me the real story why Traitorack got fired in this thread.

It would be the most eGriz thing ever to lock a thread where Cheatin' Choach is getting called out for his cheatin' ways. As for the other thing, I happen to agree with the Bobcat fans: Tyler was fired for bad performance, and there was an incident, and there was no incident, and his performance was good, so Choach said it was for poor performance. Choach is a very straight shooter until he does literally anything at all.

hide (verb) to put or remain out of sight; to conceal for shelter or protection; to seek protection; to keep secret; to turn way in shame or anger.
--The Merriam-Webster Dictionary, 2004

Grizwold said:

If you explain, in detail, why you think this thread should be locked, I will say what I think on TG.

Just tired of rehashing it PR. It's a nightmare for me. But if you got the scoop on Ty do tell. Would love to hear it.

I really like CDA'S description of of what happened. That's some funny shit right there. But it only clouded my mind even more. Somebody clear it up for me.

CDAGRIZ said:
retiredpopo said:
for the record I bet Choate is sleeping just fine, he has 3 wins over the griz and next year will have home field advantage. For the record I hope the Griz start a new streak against the scats but if they don't the record will reflect that the scats are 4-0 against the Griz in the last 4 meetings. I would hope that if it comes down to the same scenario as last year with the rolls reversed that BH would call time out at the last second. I would hope people do not think that is cheating but rather good coaching. For the record I think we have a good year next year.

For the record, I think you're right about Choach's sleep patterns. For the record, I don't think he thinks about much. For the record, I would put some money on him owning several butterfly nets.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have no scoop, or direct or inside info. My guess, based on talking with several current and former people in the UM athletic dept, some Cat friends, and watching the chatter, is as follows. One of my friends talked with an MSU asst last week too. He did not know why TG was let go. Said it was very quiet at MSU. None of the following came from the asst. All from others who were aware of Choate's reputation. Choate is not necessarily an easy coach to work for. He is demanding and gets on assistants, whether fairly or unfairly. Contrary to what I assumed, Choate and TG weren't necessarily great buds and always on the same page. Both have strong personalities. There has apparently been some tension for awhile. TG may have done some looking in the last year or so. There may have been some tension over the role of the qb/rb/lb. Some wonder if something happened at or after NDSU. I've seen the chatter about an incident over the holiday. My belief is the stuff pushed by Alpha and his fake name or names, is probably total BS and just more dishonesty on the part of Alpha.

Again, I don't know why TG is gone and don't have any truly inside scoop.

Well that makes more sense than anything. Thanx PR. If true about working for Choate, it only makes me think that eventually this shit will come back and bite him in the ass. Although I don't think Ty is very innocent either.

Griz2k said:
Obviously the time out came first. Refs never make mistakes.

Sincerely,

Saints fans

I have been saying for years that it is ridiculous for the NFL to spend some much time looking at whether a TD was scored, a catch was made, a player stepped on the sideline, a fumbled occurred, or a first down was made. Yes, some of those things are or can be important, especially whether a catch was made or fumble occurred. But there are scores of plays in every game that are more important or just as important as the most important of the types of plays I mentioned.

Case in point is the blown call against the Saints. Many times PI calls, one way or another, are more important, and more important to the result of a game, than the things reviewed. Same with some holding calls. What about the blown roughing the qb call yesterday, where it was clear on replay that the defender did not hit the qb in the face or catch his facemark or helmet. Yet, a first down awarded at a critical time.

Obviously, every play can't be replayed. Obviously, some PI calls could really go either way. But some are clear, one way or another.

I find it silly to look endlessly at whether a TD was scored ro first down was made, and yet ignore things like the Saints no-call.

At a minimum, there ought to be one challenge for things like the Saints no-call.

I have never seen 2 games of football, in a single day, where there were more important or even critical blown calls by the refs.

I like Romo as an announcer. I like how he immediately calls a spade a spade, including on blown calls and replays. Also, he is very knowledgeable and article, and doesn't seem to be full of himself. I learned more listening to him in the last several weeks, than I have learned in the last several years of watching football on tv.

I said the same thing today about the blown calls in 2 games at critical times. They will change the rule next year. Review PI calls.

Grizwold said:
I said the same thing today about the blown calls in 2 games at critical times. They will change the rule next year. Review PI calls.

If they review or allow review of all PI calls, we are going to see an explosion of PI calls. Pi happens in far more plays than called.. and now will be viewed in slo-mo.

No thanks. Maybe expand replay in final 2 min of 2nd and 4th qtr.

Get rid of all replays other than the HC having 1 "game changer" replay he can have each half. The replay can be for ANYTHING.

The Game is on right now, will try and get a video of the play.

Video from play is now on phone....It says the file is to big (not the first time I have heard that) to e-mail, so I will try and find another way to post it...FYI, looks like the Back Judge, the sideline guy on the Bobcat side, and the head ref all signal time-out, with the sideline guy on the griz side the only one signalling TD.

SACCAT66 said:
Here you go...Don't know if it clears up to much (I kind of hope it doesn't, because I want this thread to go on forever)

https://youtu.be/cCQmZZrhW4o

Whoa! That confirms the TD was well before any T.O. signal. I knew it was a late call, but I guess I forgot it was so blatantly late that no ref even signaled it until the players were nearly lined up for the PAT.

Latest posts

Back