• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What Came 1st, The Snap, or the Timeout?

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
Here you go...Don't know if it clears up to much (I kind of hope it doesn't, because I want this thread to go on forever)

https://youtu.be/cCQmZZrhW4o

Whoa! That confirms the TD was well before any T.O. signal. I knew it was a late call, but I guess I forgot it was so blatantly late that no ref even signaled it until the players were nearly lined up for the PAT.

LOL. Look how much space there is from the bottom of the camera to where the line judge comes running from. A split second after the ball is snapped you can see the line judge running on waving his hands. He had to run how many yards before we see him on camera? I would estimate about 8. Obviously a judgement call on our part, but I think rational heads will agree, timeout had to have been first. Irrational heads will say......

Allezchat said:
CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
Here you go...Don't know if it clears up to much (I kind of hope it doesn't, because I want this thread to go on forever)

Whoa! That confirms the TD was well before any T.O. signal. I knew it was a late call, but I guess I forgot it was so blatantly late that no ref even signaled it until the players were nearly lined up for the PAT.

LOL. Look how much space there is from the bottom of the camera to where the line judge comes running from. A split second after the ball is snapped you can see the line judge running on waving his hands. He had to run how many yards before we see him on camera? I would estimate about 8. Obviously a judgement call on our part, but I think rational heads will agree, timeout had to have been first. Irrational heads will say......

Yeah, it "had to have been first". There was absolutely no T.O. call before the TD. Not only was the snap before any T.O. call, the TD was before any T.O. call. Did you watch the video? It's just typical Cheatin' Choach up to his usual shit.

SACCAT66, THANK YOU for doing what no man has done, or evidently, was capable of before. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. This didn't clear up anything. Same TV view everyone else has had since gameday. What we need is the view from the other side of the field, showing the cat side, Choate and all referees on that side. This should show where Choate was on that side of the field when he 'got the attention' of the linesman. Evidently, he couldn't get his attention 30 yards away.

CDAGRIZ said:
Allezchat said:
CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:

Yeah, it "had to have been first". There was absolutely no T.O. call before the TD. Not only was the snap before any T.O. call, the TD was before any T.O. call. Did you watch the video? It's just typical Cheatin' Choach up to his usual shit.

I love you...

SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Allezchat said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I love you...

And I you. That's high praise.

SACCAT66 said:

Thanks. So, no replay on Pluto?

The ref on the UM sideline signals TD immediately. The ref at back of end zone doesn't signal anything initially. It may not be his job to signal TD or TO in a situation like this. Before the play a number of seconds, it looks like Choate is in or near the coaching box, not close to the goal line. A player in a jersey and coat, and the security cop, can be seen by Choate.

I couldn't hear any whistles in this video. Not great quality.

The most meaningful thing for me is the L ref coming into the video screen fairly early, but it can't be known how far he ran from and when he first signaled TO. And several other refs jumping on board with a signal is, I suppose, some indication. Wonder if they heard a whistle or just saw the L ref coming in waiving TO.

Would be nice to know where Choate was in relation to ref. Don't think he was near the goal line, based on what I saw. Would be nice to see exactly where L ref was standing at time of TO, and when he first starts to signal TO.

I assume the UM video, from the side and end zone or end zones, would have more info.

I assume the ref on the MSU side of goal line, didn't signal TD initially but we can't see that. In real time, I didn't see him until he was maybe 12-15 yards on field. I was skimming for flags, but must have mistaken his TO signal for a TD signal. I assume Speltz must have done the same thing.

Interesting. Finally. Thx, Sac Cat.

PlayerRep said:
SACCAT66 said:

The ref on the UM sideline signals TD immediately. The ref at back of end zone doesn't signal anything initially. It may not be his job to signal TD or TO in a situation like this. Before the play a number of seconds, it looks like Choate is in or near the coaching box, not close to the goal line. A player in a jersey and coat, and the security cop, can be seen by Choate.

The most meaningful thing for me is the L ref coming into the video screen fairly early, but it can't be known how far he ran from and when he first signaled TO. And several other refs jumping on board with a signal is, I suppose, some indication. Wonder if they heard a whistle or just saw the L ref coming in waiving TO.

Would be nice to know where Choate was in relation to ref. Don't think he was near the goal line, based on what I saw. Would be nice to see exactly where L ref was standing at time of TO, and when he first starts to signal TO.

I assume the UM video, from the side and end zone or end zones, would have more info.

I assume the ref on the MSU side of goal line, didn't signal TD initially but we can't see that. In real time, I didn't see him until he was maybe 12-15 yards on field. I was skimming for flags, but must have mistaken his TO signal for a TD signal. I assume Speltz must have done the same thing.

This was from the replay on Pluto this morning, filmed with my trusty Samsung while sitting at my desk waiting for a meeting to start. Sound quality isn't very good, because I normally do radio, not TV type stuff.

PlayerRep said:
SACCAT66 said:

Only one "official" is a "ref". The guy with the L is a line judge. Some people just don't know much about football! PR's got "refs" running, "waiving" and "jumping on board" all over the place!

PlayerRep said:
I have no scoop, or direct or inside info. My guess, based on talking with several current and former people in the UM athletic dept, some Cat friends, and watching the chatter, is as follows. One of my friends talked with an MSU asst last week too. He did not know why TG was let go. Said it was very quiet at MSU. None of the following came from the asst. All from others who were aware of Choate's reputation. Choate is not necessarily an easy coach to work for. He is demanding and gets on assistants, whether fairly or unfairly. Contrary to what I assumed, Choate and TG weren't necessarily great buds and always on the same page. Both have strong personalities. There has apparently been some tension for awhile. TG may have done some looking in the last year or so. There may have been some tension over the role of the qb/rb/lb. Some wonder if something happened at or after NDSU. I've seen the chatter about an incident over the holiday. My belief is the stuff pushed by Alpha and his fake name or names, is probably total BS and just more dishonesty on the part of Alpha.

Again, I don't know why TG is gone and don't have any truly inside scoop.

FWIW, I have yet to see the real reason that Ty and Choate parted ways. They part on good terms.

Perhaps Ty is waiting to get the call from Alabama for a coaching position. Maybe Clemson.

Perhaps Ty is putting his name in for head coach vacancies in the NFL.

Perhaps Ty is auditioning for Dancing with the Stars and doesn't have time to commit to coaching.

Perhaps Ty and his wife are going to start an AAU volleyball team and travel the country.

Perhaps Ty is working out and wants to see if he can make an NFL roster.

Perhaps Ty is going to be the new head coach of an unnamed college team.

Perhaps Ty wants to be a stay at home dad. I don't know. Stranger things have happened.

Perhaps Ty was a double agent for Hauck, but Choate turned him. So now he's a double secret double agent and he quit to get in Bobby's good graces and will be feeding info to Choate. Also, he's in the process of turning Denny WA into a Cat supporter. It's close to happening.

Perhaps none of these is correct and I'm just making a bunch of stuff up to throw out more rumors.

Mousegriz said:
Only one "official" is a "ref". The guy with the L is a line judge. Some people just don't know much about football! PR's got "refs" running, "waiving" and "jumping on board" all over the place!

Oh, good. I've had some questions about the rules. Nice to have someone so knowledgeable available for my current questions. Tell me about the COACHING BOX between the 25 yard lines. I see there is a two yard inclusion(to the 23 yard line)for the coaching box, and something called the COACHING BOX EXTENSION, between the 5 and 10 yard linesgoal(see 1-2-4-a in the rule book). Also, I see there is a 12 foot restriction from the sideline. The coaching box extends to withing 6 feet of the sideline.
In this particular play, is Choate restricted to no closer than the 23 yard line, or is he allowed between the five and ten yard lines. Perhaps, he is allowed to run right up the linesman, I mean the 'ref,' to 'get his attention' to call a time out. A clarification of this matter would be greatly appreciated. A mouse. All that knowledge in such a small package. :thumb:

tourist said:
Mousegriz said:

Oh, good. I've had some questions about the rules. Nice to have someone so knowledgeable available for my current questions. Tell me about the COACHING BOX between the 25 yard lines. I see there is a two yard inclusion(to the 23 yard line)for the coaching box, and something called the COACHING BOX EXTENSION, between the 5 and 10 yard linesgoal(see 1-2-4-a in the rule book). Also, I see there is a 12 foot restriction from the sideline.
In this particular play, is Choate restricted to no closer than the 23 yard line, or is he allowed between the five and ten yard lines. Perhaps, he is allowed to run right up the linesman, I mean the 'ref,' to 'get his attention' to call a time out. A clarification of this matter would be greatly appreciated. A mouse. All that knowledge in such a small package. :thumb:

Just think of him as "Moosegriz." It makes things easier.

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
SACCAT66 said:

Wow, that's a helpful post. As if you of all people have any clue about football.

PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
SACCAT66 said:

Wow, that's a helpful post. As if you of all people have any clue about football.

The Cats won after they called timeout and Griz didn't run a play to score a TD. The next play the Cats stuffed the Griz RB and he fumbled and the Cats recovered. They then knelt on the ball once and won the game. That's what the official stats said, final season records said, and playoff awards were made based on. More helpful?

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:

The Cats won after they called timeout and Griz didn't run a play to score a TD. The next play the Cats stuffed the Griz RB and he fumbled and the Cats recovered. They then knelt on the ball once and won the game. That's what the official stats said, final season records said, and playoff awards were made based on. More helpful?

Actually...The Cats ran the ball twice (and fumbled it both times). They were to close the the end zone to kneel on it.

SACCAT66 said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:

Actually...The Cats ran the ball twice (and fumbled it both times). They were to close the the end zone to kneel on it.

Do you have video evidence? I don't recall them running the ball twice....but you're probably right since Griz had a timeout to use.

Too bad Griz didn't bluff Choate and use their final TO right before the snap, that led to the handoff that led to the Eastwood fumble.

Deja voodoo all over again! No way Cats would have thought Bobby would run the same play three times in a row. Gregorak wasn't that smart and that's the reason he's gone. Choate's already worrying about the double bluff deja voodoo timeout strategy Bobby's thinking about trying next fall if needed in Bozeman.

Mousegriz said:
SACCAT66 said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Do you have video evidence? I don't recall them running the ball twice....but you're probably right since Griz had a timeout to use.

Too bad Griz didn't bluff Choate and use their final TO right before the snap, that led to the handoff that led to the Eastwood fumble.

Deja voodoo all over again! No way Cats would have thought Bobby would run the same play three times in a row. Gregorak wasn't that smart and that's the reason he's gone. Choate's already worrying about the double bluff deja voodoo timeout strategy Bobby's thinking about trying next fall if needed in Bozeman.

It may have been just once, I will have to watch again next time.

Back