• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Where does UM need to recruit for???

IntuitiveGriz said:
BWahlberg said:
\
I was told by a coach that the younger LB's (I think especially Matthews) could actually challenge for starting spots, they're that good.

I whole-heart-idly agree on Mathews. I remember praising his highlight video during his recruitment. Stud.

He made play after play this fall camp. Dude has a bright future and quite the twitter following haha. Every tweet I put up about him would get a ton of favorites and re-tweets.

B Walberg posted:

Punter - Williams is a senior. Bobby needs to at least get a walk-on to red shirt this season.

Kicker - Both Purdy and Semenza are juniors. It would be good to start grooming a walk-on this season so he can work with Brandon and Tim for 2 years and be ready for the job in 2019.

Ferguson from Butte, (6-2, 210 P/K Inside receiver and DE) has visited several times on recruiting invites and fills the bill. He is pretty fast and has good hands. Was near the top of the recieving yards and scoring stat board before he got hurt 4 games in this year. I think the Griz and Cats are looking at him to punt primarily. Saw him kick a 56 yard FG at Tech with former ISU All-American Dan Ziedman. He was just a sophomore at the time. Punted right up there with a two-year older Jared Padmos (MSU punter) at that camp.

Buttegrizzle said:
Kicker - Both Purdy and Semenza are juniors. It would be good to start grooming a walk-on this season so he can work with Brandon and Tim for 2 years and be ready for the job in 2019.

If they want to go the JUCO route in this area, Kyle Sentkowski from Blaine, WA would be available for the 2019 season. He's currently at College of the Siskiyous in Weed, CA. Kyle set school records for most points kicked in a game with 17 (4/4 FG, 5/5 PAT) and most points kicked in a season with 66 (old record was 58). Named NCFC National Division NorCal Conference 1st Team All-Conference Kicker as well as JC Athletic Bureau - CCCFCA All-California Region 1 First Team Kicker.

https://www.chrissailerkicking.com/player-rankings/profile?player=5660

http://www.hudl.com/v/28LEA6

BigSkyConfFan said:
Buttegrizzle said:

If they want to go the JUCO route in this area, Kyle Sentkowski from Blaine, WA would be available for the 2019 season. He's currently at College of the Siskiyous in Weed, CA. Kyle set school records for most points kicked in a game with 17 (4/4 FG, 5/5 PAT) and most points kicked in a season with 66 (old record was 58). Named NCFC National Division NorCal Conference 1st Team All-Conference Kicker as well as JC Athletic Bureau - CCCFCA All-California Region 1 First Team Kicker.

https://www.chrissailerkicking.com/player-rankings/profile?player=5660

http://www.hudl.com/v/28LEA6

Schweikert in Columbia Falls is doing a great job with their soccer players. You all remember who is going to be the special teams coach, right? He's going to have a lot of Class A, B and C kids and the AA kids none of the papers thought were worthy...

My hunch is that Bobby will look at game film where UM was beat in the trenches (Weber, State, etc.) and realize that dominant DL is needed. And CBs are always needed.
:shock: I also hope that the UM staff remembers that the road to the championship goes through the MV conference and Fargo. If UM can't stop State's offense in November the last two years, then how is UM going to stop the Bizons.

IntuitiveGriz said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Can't win in the playoffs without lots of baby buffalo on the team.

No doubt the games are won in the trenches.

The Griz have 15 DL, that's just 1 short of having 4 four deep at every position. So they are looking good there and is why I said I would like to see 1 more.

Proud Griz Man said:
My hunch is that Bobby will look at game film where UM was beat in the trenches (Weber, State, etc.) and realize that dominant DL is needed. And CBs are always needed.
:shock: I also hope that the UM staff remembers that the road to the championship goes through the MV conference and Fargo. If UM can't stop State's offense in November the last two years, then how is UM going to stop the Bizons.

IntuitiveGriz said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

The Griz have 15 DL, that's just 1 short of having 4 four deep at every position. So they are looking good there and is why I said I would like to see 1 more.

Defending 3rd and 17 would be a good start.......

I bet we gave up 7-8 3rd and 17s this year. One for a TD against the Cats....

That shit still blows me away.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Proud Griz Man said:

IntuitiveGriz said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

hey i've got an idea, why don't you whine about the previous coaching staff(bqm)

argh! said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Proud Griz Man said:

IntuitiveGriz said:

hey i've got an idea, why don't you whine about the previous coaching staff(bqm)
Like you're consistently whining about the current staff. Hard to be that persistent.

kemajic said:
argh! said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Proud Griz Man said:

Like you're consistently whining about the current staff. Hard to be that persistent.

what current staff?

" I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists!"

SaskGriz said:
" I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists!"

A classic, thanks for the flashback

SaskGriz said:

I now understand the reason for all of this.

http://thestarphoenix.com/storyline...-poles-a-guide-to-how-ridiculously-cold-it-is

I’m calling that Boise peach & potato farmer I know to get some peach vodka on it’s way. Until then, throw another log on the fire & stay away from the door.

argh! said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Proud Griz Man said:

IntuitiveGriz said:

Out of the many posters on this site that I couldnt give any fucks less about what they say.....you're right near the top.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
argh! said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Proud Griz Man said:

Out of the many posters on this site that I couldnt give any f***[*] less about what they say.....you're right near the top.

oh dear. my.

Proud Griz Man said:

IntuitiveGriz said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

Dang, just finished watching Ohio State and USC game! Linemen. Lots of them. Good linemen keep the skill kids safe and healthy, by and large. Incredible amount of data out there to validate that assertion.

Back