• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Who should get # 37 next year

SoldierGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:
I want to see what they do to NDSU before I crucify Thompson too much, but you're right that his defense sure sucked that game.

My thoughts are that they're more likely to keep the train moving with Thompson than they would be hiring some other random coach, but with how many players they're losing in the portal, that might not even matter.

Few teams have contained UIW and their All American QB. That offense is explosive - 2nd in the Nation in total O.

Could be a shoot-out in Fargo.
He’s by far the best player in FCS this year, and it certainly shows on the field. He looked like everything he was doing was at 1.5x the speed of the other players on the field vs. Sac. :lol:

Still, that Bison defense at home has shut down great players before, so it’ll be interesting to see.

uofmman1122 said:
SoldierGriz said:
Few teams have contained UIW and their All American QB. That offense is explosive - 2nd in the Nation in total O.

Could be a shoot-out in Fargo.
He’s by far the best player in FCS this year, and it certainly shows on the field. He looked like everything he was doing was at 1.5x the speed of the other players on the field vs. Sac. :lol:

Still, that Bison defense at home has shut down great players before, so it’ll be interesting to see.

He’s an SEC dropdown. I laughed at people who were just CERTAIN UIW was gonna suck this year because LAST year’s all-world QB and their coach both went to Washington State. UIW’s football program didn’t exist when I moved to San Antonio 10 years ago. And yet, here they are in the semifinals. Apparently it IS possible to find both good coaches AND good players and not have to wait 5 years. WHo knew?

AZGrizFan said:
uofmman1122 said:

He’s an SEC dropdown. I laughed at people who were just CERTAIN UIW was gonna suck this year because LAST year’s all-world QB and their coach both went to Washington State. UIW’s football program didn’t exist when I moved to San Antonio 10 years ago. And yet, here they are in the semifinals. Apparently it IS possible to find both good coaches AND good players and not have to wait 5 years. WHo knew?

So it is okay to take drop down QBs. I agree!

HookedonGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

AZ has never said it isn’t okay. The problem comes when you have to rely on that to find a starting QB and don’t have any reliable depth in your QB room.

PTGrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:

AZ has never said it isn’t okay. The problem comes when you have to rely on that to find a starting QB and don’t have any reliable depth in your QB room.

It was a funny and not a shot at AZ (who is one of my favorite posters here). There are quite a few people here though that would rather not take a drop down quarterback or are frustrated that we are looking at a another transfer. That is just a crazy view in my opinion. I will gladly and happily take any FBS drop down quarterback who can help our team.

HookedonGriz said:
PTGrizzly said:

It was a funny and not a shot at AZ (who is one of my favorite posters here). There are quite a few people here though that would rather not take a drop down quarterback or are frustrated that we are looking at a another transfer. That is just a crazy view in my opinion. I will gladly and happily take any FBS drop down quarterback who can help our team.

Gotcha. Very much agree.

PTGrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:

Gotcha. Very much agree.

It’s not the taking of an occasional dropdown…it’s the absolute DEPENDENCE on them and demonstrated inability or unwillingness to develop players you’ve recruited from HS. At least at certain positions. Would LOVE to hear Bobby speak about this at length, as to whether he applies different philosophies to different positions as to how he goes about aggregating talent in those positions. Because the differences are very stark.

AZGrizFan said:
PTGrizzly said:
Gotcha. Very much agree.

It’s not the taking of an occasional dropdown…it’s the absolute DEPENDENCE on them and demonstrated inability or unwillingness to develop players you’ve recruited from HS. At least at certain positions. Would LOVE to hear Bobby speak about this at length, as to whether he applies different philosophies to different positions as to how he goes about aggregating talent in those positions. Because the differences are very stark.

We have had dropdowns every year Bobby has been here and how has that worked out?

My only wish for who gets the #37 number is it should be chosen before or at spring scrimmage, not letting if fester until it runs amuck like this last season did.

Robby is getting it. He will wear it as a Coach on the sidelines because that will make up for him not getting it this year. It will just say "Hauckgod" on the back.

17 will be retired first though.

indiancoyote said:
RainierGriz said:
Ryder Meyer or Tyson Rostad would be my vote. Get it to an underclassman.

One of these two wouldn't even play at Carroll. You can pick which one.

Digging this one up haha. Gonna assume you were referring to my suggestion of Tyson Rostad (a RS freshman)? Because Ryder Meyer has been awesome in my opinion.

So is it to soon to start the debate about who will wear it in 2024 yet? lol
Gradney? Just kidding, can we enjoy watching Janacaro the rest of this season first please?!

Back