• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Why

The.Real.2506 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
He did, but live your dream. Even in that, it would be an incomplete pass. BSC.

Your ignorance is unbelievable :thumb:

Just keep telling yourself it wasn’t a catch and be happy for the gift victory. No need to chime in here.

There are two ways it can be a catch. 1)player controls the ball in the field of play and continues to control the ball through contact with the ground. 2)player controls the ball in the field of play, and continues to control the ball while making a football move, generally described as taking at least one step. This can be a little subjective.

There are two ways that it can be incomplete. 1)player does not control the ball in the field of play. 2)player does control the ball in the field of play, but fails to control it through contact with the ground or through leaving the field of play.

I didn't see the play in question, but I asume it met one of those decriptions. :thumb:

poorgriz said:
The.Real.2506 said:
Not a catch, he didn't maintain control through contact with the ground.

Correct, this guys gets it. If he had control of the ball THROUGHOUT getting tackled to the ground, then how did the ball end up in Cat hands? Lol. Watch it real time, any numb nutz that think it was a catch. As for the refs….. Cats absolutely got effed all night with holding non calls.

Perhaps they got hosed on the non calls for holding but the eags got hosed on calls for pass interference. Cats got bailed out a couple times on offense by the refs IMO.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
I didn’t get the call they made. To me it’s either a catch because the player has the ball in his stomach knees and torso down or it was incomplete. I don’t get how they rule the INT.

EWU killed themselves tho. They held the cats and than next play turn the ball over in their own red zone. Killed themselves. The cats should have lost twice.

Yes, one or the other. Somehow a fumble after they played twister on the ground for a couple seconds. The ball looked loose on the way down but he reeled it in as he hit. Play is dead, catch

EverettGriz said:
This conference is such a f###[#] joke. Anyone who supports UM staying in it is full-out bonkers.

The Big Sky may be the best FCS conference this year. Some good wins over FBS teams already. Looks like some great competition coming up. The conference winner is going to have to play very well. I'm excited for the season. Anyone who doesn't like the conference and its apparent quality this year, doesn't understand the game of football.

mthoopsfan said:
EverettGriz said:
This conference is such a f###[#] joke. Anyone who supports UM staying in it is full-out bonkers.

The Big Sky may be the best FCS conference this year. Some good wins over FBS teams already. Looks like some great competition coming up. The conference winner is going to have to play very well. I'm excited for the season. Anyone who doesn't like the conference and its apparent quality this year, doesn't understand the game of football.

Good teams in the bsc.

Wouldn’t it be great if we had leadership, fan bases, facilities and officials to match?

mthoopsfan said:
EverettGriz said:

Quick question from a pedestrian fan that knows little of the game. Do you have an alarm or notification that goes off every time EG posts😊?

alabamagrizzly said:
mthoopsfan said:

Quick question from a pedestrian fan that knows little of the game. Do you have an alarm or notification that goes off every time EG posts😊?

No, but I do get notices of dumb posts. Everett, you, Sask and Soldier come up a lot.

I don't know if there's definitive proof that confirms this call one way or the other. If you're a EWU (or apparently UM fan), then you think EWU got screwed and it was a terrible. If you're a MSU fan you think the officials got it right.

Because there's not a definitive shot, I think whatever was called on the field would have been upheld. I don't know if it was the right call or not, but I know that there wasn't enough evidence to overturn.

Here's what I found on how the NCAA defines a catch....I think arguments can be made to support both sides, thus why I think "the play stands" would have been the outcome regardless of the call.

-Regardless of contact from the defense, if a player hits the ground while attempting to make a catch, “he must maintain complete and continuous control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or in the end zone.”

-It’s not a catch if “the player loses control of the ball while simultaneously touching the ground with any part of his body, or if there is doubt that the acts were simultaneous”. A little ball movement while the player has control doesn’t change much — even if the ball touches the ground — unless he loses that control

-“If the ball touches the ground after the player secures control and continues to maintain control, and the elements above are satisfied, it is a catch.”

wbtfg said:
I don't know if there's definitive proof that confirms this call one way or the other. If you're a EWU (or apparently UM fan), then you think EWU got screwed and it was a terrible. If you're a MSU fan you think the officials got it right.

Because there's not a definitive shot, I think whatever was called on the field would have been upheld. I don't know if it was the right call or not, but I know that there wasn't enough evidence to overturn.

Yeah, the call on the field is the whole point. The review is whatever, but I’m sure it took so long because they knew they fucked up the call on the field and didn’t have enough to change it. It was as much an INT as it was a punt, an avocado, and a Toyota Camry.

alabamagrizzly said:
mthoopsfan said:

He’s a well known stalker. Many of us have made a conscious decision to find it endearing rather than the freakin creepy it is.

mthoopsfan said:
EverettGriz said:

For me, picking the best FCS conference is a top-to-bottom consideration. To me it looks like the top half of the BSC may be the best FCS has to offer, but the bottom half of the BSC may be the worst.

wbtfg said:

Here's what I found on how the NCAA defines a catch....I think arguments can be made to support both sides, thus why I think "the play stands" would have been the outcome regardless of the call.

-Regardless of contact from the defense, if a player hits the ground while attempting to make a catch, “he must maintain complete and continuous control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or in the end zone.”

-It’s not a catch if “the player loses control of the ball while simultaneously touching the ground with any part of his body, or if there is doubt that the acts were simultaneous”. A little ball movement while the player has control doesn’t change much — even if the ball touches the ground — unless he loses that control

-“If the ball touches the ground after the player secures control and continues to maintain control, and the elements above are satisfied, it is a catch.”

Agreed. I don't think there was enough evidence to overturn it, and as I said earlier it has more to do with the half-ass review setup the BSC has. Starting to gain EPL Video Review status at this point. If they had stated it was a catch and then a fumble, I don't think its overturned either FWIW.

MrMischief said:
mthoopsfan said:
Let’s see a clip of the play.
https://youtu.be/-LLxMaomcvo

36:49 is the start of the play, 4th and 14.

lol, and if you watch this clip exactly at the 37:40 mark and still try to say that receiver had complete control of the ball through hitting the ground..... you're an idiot. :lol:

poorgriz said:
MrMischief said:
https://youtu.be/-LLxMaomcvo

36:49 is the start of the play, 4th and 14.

lol, and if you watch this clip exactly at the 37:40 mark and still try to say that receiver had complete control of the ball through hitting the ground..... you're an idiot. :lol:

Catch. No question.

mthoopsfan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

No, but I do get notices of dumb posts. Everett, you, Sask and Soldier come up a lot.

I just live in your pea-brain...friggin', felon-lovin' stalker. Why don't you keep my handle off your finger tips - you and all your other egriz personas.

mthoopsfan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Solid burn. Your game is spot on today. I’m just gonna let this go in fear of the repercussions that may follow. That, and it’s a waste of time.

Back