• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Why

poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
So four games in and they are changing to a new defensive scheme? Do we know any specifics?

Why wouldn’t they change that meat-grinder of an O they run? At this rate, it will churn through all their RBs and QBs, I mean RBs and RBs who throw, before their big date night with ESPN.

If a team wants to run triple option, they should consider moving to the state of Kennesaw where I hear it’s always lovely—not blustery bozo!

No, not drastically changing the scheme. I think we'll pretty much always be a 4-2-5 as long as Vigen is HC. I was more referring to, Garza needs to make some adjustments to some schemes... the "keep everything in front of you, and bend but don't break" D in the current scheme is giving up WAY too many big plays, even though it's been against great passing teams. The talent is there with the secondary, and getting the two starting safeties back will help. Need to just find a way to beat a pretty good UCD team, then get a couple easy games while we work on some things and get some players back healthy, before the big showdown against Weber.
Sounds like the only basis for your “improving scheme” comment is your own personal hope for change.
Is there any tangible evidence the bub D scheme will improve other than it can’t get any worse?

If I coached defense for the Bobs, I’d just tell the players to have more talent and play better defense. Give up fewer yards and scores.

CDAGRIZ said:
If I coached defense for the Bobs, I’d just tell the players to have more talent and play better defense. Give up fewer yards and scores.

I have been saying this since before the Oregon State game. The Cats defense needs to not let the other team score as many points as the Bobcats Offense scores in the game. IF they can do this every game, we should be fine in the long run... BUT, if they allow the other team to score more points (even if it is only 1 point more) than our offense scores, there is a VERY good chance we will lose that game. So far this year we have been able to accomplish this goal 3 times, and failed in said goal 1 time. So our record is 3( more scoring/less giving up scoring) and 1 (less scoring and more giving up scoring).

SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I have been saying this since before the Oregon State game. The Cats defense needs to not let the other team score as many points as the Bobcats Offense scores in the game. IF they can do this every game, we should be fine in the long run... BUT, if they allow the other team to score more points (even if it is only 1 point more) than our offense scores, there is a VERY good chance we will lose that game. So far this year we have been able to accomplish this goal 3 times, and failed in said goal 1 time. So our record is 3( more scoring/less giving up scoring) and 1 (less scoring and more giving up scoring).

It starts with coaching. Tell the players to be better at football. Easy fix. IDK why they refuse to do it.

Back