• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Will Vaccine Passports Creep into Stadiums and Sports?

MikeyGriz said:
DuCharme said:
Oh, but you can!
You meant “won’t”.

No, I mean can't because even if I assuage their fears this time, there will be something else that "I" need to do to make them feel safe again. This is a never ending cycle that cannot be completely soothed by someone else. Take personal responsibility for your own well-being.

It's more than well-being. It's also getting people comfortable to get out and about in a big way and getting the economy going again in a big way. It's also about helping to do what it takes to get the world economy going again. Many countries aren't even open to US travelers yet. The Olympics won't be open to non-Japanese spectators. Would you want to travel to India or Brazil now?

PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
No, I mean can't because even if I assuage their fears this time, there will be something else that "I" need to do to make them feel safe again. This is a never ending cycle that cannot be completely soothed by someone else. Take personal responsibility for your own well-being.

It's more than well-being. It's also getting people comfortable to get out and about in a big way and getting the economy going again in a big way. It's also about helping to do what it takes to get the world economy going again. Many countries aren't even open to US travelers yet. The Olympics won't be open to non-Japanese spectators. Would you want to travel to India or Brazil now?

I don't want to go to India at anytime! :)

PhxGriz said:
ilovethecats said:
Where would you draw the line on this mindset? I could think of a 1000 things any one of us could do every day to make others feel safe. Or does this mentality only apply to this virus?

I point this out to all who conveniently forget about the H1N1 pandemic back in 2009. My wife was immunocompromised due to chemo, and I had two children under the age of two at home. 55 million infected. Many more than COVID.

I don't remember anyone giving two shits back then about their "duty" in helping my wife out. Of course we socially distanced and I was the sole point of contact for my family to limit her exposure, but that was our choice.

But it brings up your question. Where are we going to draw the line?

I get what you are trying to say, but H1N1 and Corona virus are two completely different animals. H1N1 was not even close to being as deadly as Corona virus.

HelenaHandBasket said:
PhxGriz said:
I point this out to all who conveniently forget about the H1N1 pandemic back in 2009. My wife was immunocompromised due to chemo, and I had two children under the age of two at home. 55 million infected. Many more than COVID.

I don't remember anyone giving two shits back then about their "duty" in helping my wife out. Of course we socially distanced and I was the sole point of contact for my family to limit her exposure, but that was our choice.

But it brings up your question. Where are we going to draw the line?

I get what you are trying to say, but H1N1 and Corona virus are two completely different animals. H1N1 was not even close to being as deadly as Corona virus.

He still has a valid question, where do you draw the line? If it's a deadly as covid then we must _________? But not if it's less deadly? Or if it makes someone feel safer we must ___________? Or if it saves even one life we must _____________? Or if it saves even one child we must _________?

MikeyGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

He still has a valid question, where do you draw the line? If it's a deadly as covid then we must _________? But not if it's less deadly? Or if it makes someone feel safer we must ___________? Or if it saves even one life we must _____________? Or if it saves even one child we must _________?

Well, apparently that line is somewhere between 13,000 deaths and 500,000+ deaths.

"California's Cal State and UC to require Covid vaccinations for fall semester

California's largest university systems to require Covid vaccinations for the fall."

"California State University and the University of California announced they will require all students, staff and faculty who plan to be on campus to be vaccinated against Covid.

The two California university systems are the largest that will require vaccinations for the fall semester, with more than 1 million students and staff affected by the decision.

Both universities are planning to operate mostly in-person for the semester."

Read in CNBC: https://apple.news/Af9dTVhaYQy2HGjEXlEIXUQ

I feel like I’m the last person to in town to get it.

I just got the first dose (currently in the monitoring area). The shot itself wasn’t bad (kinda weird it looked like Mountain Dew), but I didn’t realize they required rectal exams for all males under 40. I guess if it means I did my part, it’s worth it. Shoutout to the staff at Vinny’s Vax Shack & Grille.

CDAGRIZ said:

I just got the first dose (currently in the monitoring area). The shot itself wasn’t bad (kinda weird it looked like Mountain Dew), but I didn’t realize they required rectal exams for all males under 40. I guess if it means I did my part, it’s worth it. Shoutout to the staff at Vinny’s Vax Shack & Grille.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I went to their sister store, Vinny’s Vax & Vape. Took full advantage of the buy one/get one on bubblegum flavored tobacco :thumb:

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I went to their sister store, Vinny’s Vax & Vape. Took full advantage of the buy one/get one on bubblegum flavored tobacco :thumb:
:lol:
Damn. I knew I should've went to the Triple Vs.

CDAGRIZ said:

This is just a West Coast thing! :lol:

1. "E.U. Set to Let Vaccinated U.S. Tourists Visit This Summer"

[I read elsewhere that this probably wouldn't be the only way to travel to Europe.]

"American tourists who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 will be able to visit the European Union over the summer, the head of the bloc’s executive body said in an interview with The New York Times on Sunday, more than a year after shutting down nonessential travel from most countries to limit the spread of the coronavirus.

The fast pace of vaccination in the United States, and advanced talks between authorities there and the European Union over how to make vaccine certificates acceptable as proof of immunity for visitors, will enable the European Commission, the executive branch of the European Union, to recommend a switch in policy that could see trans-Atlantic leisure travel restored.

“The Americans, as far as I can see, use European Medicines Agency-approved vaccines,” Ursula von der Leyen, president of the European Commission, said Sunday in an interview with The Times in Brussels. “This will enable free movement and the travel to the European Union.

“Because one thing is clear: All 27 member states will accept, unconditionally, all those who are vaccinated with vaccines that are approved by E.M.A.,” she added. The agency, the bloc’s drugs regulator, has approved all three vaccines being used in the United States, namely the Moderna, Pfizer/BioNTech and Johnson & Johnson shots.

Ms. von der Leyen did not offer a timeline on when exactly tourist travel might open up or details on how it would occur. But her comments are a top-level statement that the current travel restrictions are set to change on the basis of vaccination certificates.

She noted that the United States was “on track” and making “huge progress” with its campaign to reach so-called herd immunity, or the vaccination of 70 percent of adults, by mid-June.

She added that resumption of travel would depend “on the epidemiological situation, but the situation is improving in the United States, as it is, hopefully, also improving in the European Union.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/25/world/europe/american-travel-to-europe.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

2. "Want That Job Offer? A Covid-19 Vaccine Is Now Required.

Employers are starting to mandate shots before candidates are hired. It’s a new rule some managers are rolling out for existing employees, too."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/want-that-job-offer-a-covid-19-vaccine-is-now-required-11619438580?mod=mhp

3. "Missoula County to remove mask mandate if enough people vaccinate"

"If 60% of the Missoula County population eligible for vaccines has had at least one dose by May 11, the mask mandate will become a recommendation.

And most COVID-19 mandates for businesses, bars, restaurants, barbers and gyms would become recommendations, not requirements."

https://missoulian.com/news/local/missoula-county-to-remove-mask-mandate-if-enough-people-vaccinate/article_bd1d9886-3ca3-5834-b5d4-7d301db4ae4e.html

Back