• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Zac Crews Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mthoopsfan said:
EverettGriz said:
Great post 24.

MMF is correct; UM or any of its staff cannot comment at all on this.

PR, how do you know it’s not the POC on the team who are in fact saying that this IS a big deal, that they wouldn’t welcome Zach as a member of their locker room? I certainly don’t know either way. But that’s certainly possible, and if it so, Hauck has the responsibility to do what’s best for the program. Zach isn’t owed anything.

How do you know it is that?

I am commenting on what we all know occurred, from what has been posted here and in article(s). As I have said, if there is more, or more to the story, then the “more” might change my view.

It makes no sense to me that some black or other players would look at this one Venmo post, and tell the coaches they don’t want the guy. The guy who made all the noise hasn’t been on the team since since spring 2019, according to an article I found. As I have said, if he is not on the team, there must be more.

Giving the kid a chance to earn everyone’s respect makes a lot more sense to me. Jeez, this is football, not sensitivity training or woke training.

Has it been verified that he’s not being allowed on the team?

I don’t know. I’m suggesting that that may be a possibility as to why he’s not a member of the team. Is that the reason? No freakin idea as I made very clear in my initial post.

CatZag said:
CDAGRIZ said:
"Great get for Brent and staff. I'm glad he chose our program over all others."

Source: CDA’s daydream to which their pants were forced to be changed because of how totally hard they owned the bobcats before they woke up.

“Went over to eGriz and totally #Boomed them!”

EverettGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
How do you know it is that?

I am commenting on what we all know occurred, from what has been posted here and in article(s). As I have said, if there is more, or more to the story, then the “more” might change my view.

It makes no sense to me that some black or other players would look at this one Venmo post, and tell the coaches they don’t want the guy. The guy who made all the noise hasn’t been on the team since since spring 2019, according to an article I found. As I have said, if he is not on the team, there must be more.

Giving the kid a chance to earn everyone’s respect makes a lot more sense to me. Jeez, this is football, not sensitivity training or woke training.

Has it been verified that he’s not being allowed on the team?

I don’t know. I’m suggesting that that may be a possibility as to why he’s not a member of the team. Is that the reason? No freakin idea as I made very clear in my initial post.

You didn’t suggest that the team might not want him; you asked me how I knew that the team had said they didn’t want him. So, I threw your comment back at you.

mthoopsfan said:
EverettGriz said:

You didn’t suggest that the team might not want him; you asked me how I knew that the team had said they didn’t want him. So, I threw your comment back at you.

Read it again.

EverettGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Read it again.

Here’s what you said. You read it again.

“ PR, how do you know it’s not the POC on the team who are in fact saying that this IS a big deal, that they wouldn’t welcome Zach as a member of their locker room?”

Nice edit.

In response to you saying you couldn’t understand how it could blow up a locker room, HERE is what I posted:

PR, how do you know it’s not the POC on the team who are in fact saying that this IS a big deal, that they wouldn’t welcome Zach as a member of their locker room? I certainly don’t know either way. But that’s certainly possible

You’ll also note the use of the verb “wouldn’t”. At no time was I claiming they are not welcoming him, just that it’s a possibility. As was clearly stated in my post (you know, the part you didn’t copy).

I talked to my one contact close to the Crews family today. He is the one who told me few months ago that Zac would be brought on to the Team quietly. That is no longer the case.

The Team vote was a UNANIMOUS NO! The Kaimin article did not help. Nor did Zac help himself by stating to the Missoulian a couple months ago that he was still a Griz, when that was still not decided.

And, the Cats are talking to him, possibly as a walk-on.

maroonandsilver said:
I talked to my one contact close to the Crews family today. He is the one who told me few months ago that Zac would be brought on to the Team quietly. That is no longer the case.

The Team vote was a UNANIMOUS NO! The Kaimin article did not help. Nor did Zac help himself by stating to the Missoulian a couple months ago that he was still a Griz, when that was still not decided.

I am reading that idaho (small l) is the place to be, could be a hero there.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/new-york-yankees-pitcher-nestor-cortes-off-twitter-after-unacceptable-tweets-with-racial-slur-surface-013952118.html

Cortes said that he deactivated his Twitter account on Sunday night, and that he was “pissed” at himself and was “shocked” when they were suddenly retweeted while he was pitching during their 5-1 win over the Chicago White Sox.

RainierGriz said:
Spanky2 said:
If he walks on with the Cats, he will be getting a 2nd chance. That’s good!

Agreed. The kid deserves a chance at redemption.

I don't get it. What's different about walking onto the cats vs walking onto the Griz? Is the shitstorm going to be any less in Bozo?

maroonandsilver said:

Seems the white guys on the team needs a special session with mthoopsfan regarding what is and what isn't racist!

It's a special talent he has....and the rest of us need to learn......social media comments that upset many POC aren't racist, but comments on the basketball skills of a former Lady Griz player who happens to be NA are!

maroonandsilver said:

If the team, or some, don't want him, then that's fine. Hopefully, he has learned some things along the way. I assume he will kick ass for another team. Also, thanks for the info, Maroon.

Mousegriz said:
maroonandsilver said:

Seems the white guys on the team needs a special session with mthoopsfan regarding what is and what isn't racist!

It's a special talent he has....and the rest of us need to learn......social media comments that upset many POC aren't racist, but comments on the basketball skills of a former Lady Griz player who happens to be NA are!

My main point of discussion was what should be done with Crews, if all he had done was make that one bad Venmo comment. Given what seemed to be occurring, I assumed there was more to the story. That is obviously the case (see Maroon's post), and my guess is that there is more. No one said the post didn't have at least tones/questions of racism. Again, my main discussion point was what should be done about it, and who should make the determination (note not white guys like you). Attacking a Native American woman, a year after she's left the program, like you have done, has tones of racism. Especially from a white guy like you. Are you going to the continue to just follow me around making posts, and pointing out typos? A lot of people, including me, think that is pretty funny.

I'll make this point, he isn't the first and he won't be the last. All you have to do is type in "player loses scholarships due to tweets," and you''ll see pages of results from the past 10 years. This is not a problem specific to Missoula and sooner or later kids will have to wise up to realities of living in a digital age.

We aren't perfect, I sure as am not, and it is a really, really tough lesson to learn as an 18 year old kid in high school. Should he lose roster spots or a scholarship for a 1 time tweet? Clearly there is a standard that exists for it and provided some basis for what occurred here. I wish Crews the best in his future endeavors.

Mousegriz said:
maroonandsilver said:

Maybe growing up living on an Indian reservation would give you insight to what is actually racist. You think?

Not sure who said it? But my hat is off to your post on Racism on an Indian Reservation. You have to live it to understand it. A trail of tears in your own back yard Griz people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back