• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Zac Crews Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spanky2 said:
Mousegriz said:
Seems the white guys on the team needs a special session with mthoopsfan regarding what is and what isn't racist!

It's a special talent he has....and the rest of us need to learn......social media comments that upset many POC aren't racist, but comments on the basketball skills of a former Lady Griz player who happens to be NA are!
Maybe growing up living on an Indian reservation would give you insight to what is actually racist. You think?

Maybe......more insight possibly gathered living outside the reservation as a Native American. Just interesting to me that PR finds no big issue with the Crews commentary. I bet if Crews changed just a couple words in his "Venmo", PR'd be livid....which in and of itself is kind of racist isn't it?

Mousegriz said:
Spanky2 said:
Maybe growing up living on an Indian reservation would give you insight to what is actually racist. You think?

Maybe......more insight possibly gathered living outside the reservation as a Native American. Just interesting to me that PR finds no big issue with the Crews commentary. I bet if Crews changed just a couple words in his "Venmo", PR'd be livid....which in and of itself is kind of racist isn't it?

Not sure if you are saying you are Native American? I have lived near two reservations, Crow and Cheyenne and the conditions are terrible. I can’t speak for Player, but I think his primary concern in the Crews matter is that he be given a 2nd chance.

maroonandsilver said:
I talked to my one contact close to the Crews family today. He is the one who told me few months ago that Zac would be brought on to the Team quietly. That is no longer the case.

The Team vote was a UNANIMOUS NO! The Kaimin article did not help. Nor did Zac help himself by stating to the Missoulian a couple months ago that he was still a Griz, when that was still not decided.

And, the Cats are talking to him, possibly as a walk-on.

Thanks M&S!

So if a vote from the team was a ‘unanimous no’, does anyone have a problem with the program moving on without ZC?

Younger people today seem to be a lot less forgiving than previous generations. Especially when it comes to social justice issues.

I blame this on Disney movies, processed foods and of course, video games.

Ursa Major said:
maroonandsilver said:
I talked to my one contact close to the Crews family today. He is the one who told me few months ago that Zac would be brought on to the Team quietly. That is no longer the case.

The Team vote was a UNANIMOUS NO! The Kaimin article did not help. Nor did Zac help himself by stating to the Missoulian a couple months ago that he was still a Griz, when that was still not decided.

Thanks M&S!

So if a vote from the team was a ‘unanimous no’, does anyone have a problem with the program moving on without ZC?

Younger people today seem to be a lot less forgiving than previous generations. Especially when it comes to social justice issues.

I blame this on Disney movies, processed foods and of course, video games.

The only no that matters is one from BH. All others are irrelevant.

maroonandsilver said:

The Unanimous No vote is pure bullish—. That didn’t happen. Somebody might have said it for optics. Or maybe they hold votes like Saddam Hussein used to. I’ve talked to several of the players on the team and the first thing they say is that they don’t give a damn. They definitely want him to be on the team. I would say it’s closer to the other way around.

hubcap said:
maroonandsilver said:

The Unanimous No vote is pure bullish—. That didn’t happen. Somebody might have said it for optics. Or maybe they hold votes like Saddam Hussein used to. I’ve talked to several of the players on the team and the first thing they say is that they don’t give a damn. They definitely want him to be on the team. I would say it’s closer to the other way around.

Well, to be fair, MAS didn't say everyone voted. He just said it was a "unanimous team vote". Perhaps the only ones who voted were captains. Or the African-American team members. Or the seniors. Whatever.

Grizfan-24 said:
I'll make this point, he isn't the first and he won't be the last. All you have to do is type in "player loses scholarships due to tweets," and you''ll see pages of results from the past 10 years. This is not a problem specific to Missoula and sooner or later kids will have to wise up to realities of living in a digital age.

We aren't perfect, I sure as am not, and it is a really, really tough lesson to learn as an 18 year old kid in high school. Should he lose roster spots or a scholarship for a 1 time tweet? Clearly there is a standard that exists for it and provided some basis for what occurred here. I wish Crews the best in his future endeavors.

And yet apparently perfection is expected. Even at the age of 17.

Good luck with that.

AZGrizFan said:
Grizfan-24 said:
I'll make this point, he isn't the first and he won't be the last. All you have to do is type in "player loses scholarships due to tweets," and you''ll see pages of results from the past 10 years. This is not a problem specific to Missoula and sooner or later kids will have to wise up to realities of living in a digital age.

We aren't perfect, I sure as am not, and it is a really, really tough lesson to learn as an 18 year old kid in high school. Should he lose roster spots or a scholarship for a 1 time tweet? Clearly there is a standard that exists for it and provided some basis for what occurred here. I wish Crews the best in his future endeavors.

Good luck with that.

Perfection is not expected. Not being racist at 17, is. Y'all dumb af..

Griz Addict said:
AZGrizFan said:

Good luck with that.

Posting something that could be construed as racist is a far cry from someone actually being racist. Nice hyperbole!

PhxGriz said:
Griz Addict said:

Posting something that could be construed as racist is a far cry from someone actually being racist. Nice hyperbole!

Could be just me but why in the fuq would anyone not racist post anything remotely racist in todays age?

Mousegriz said:
Spanky2 said:

Mouse, I have not commented on whether what Crews said/did is racist (after I found out what he apparently said/did). I don't understand what he said, nor do I understand emojis, nor do I know the circumstances. I haven't defended what he said/did either. So, please stop making stuff up. I have come to realize over that you don't comprehend/read well, or are just a liar. I also can tell that you are ignorant in some respects, including in the area of racism. Ignorance is a gateway to racism.

My main point, as I've said before, is that non-POC's shouldn't be telling POC's how they should react to what Crews said/did. It's something others, who are more affected and closer to the situation, should decide. Also, that if Crews is not allowed to play for the Griz, there must be more to the story. There have been some hints in some posts that there is more to the story. I'm fine with whatever is decided, as it will be decided by the coach, and perhaps the school, based on all of the relevant info.

Over time, I've learned that non-POC's who argue with POC"s over racism, or what it is, or how the POC's should react or feel, are almost always racist. Have you noticed that you are basically alone in telling me what is racist or how I should react? I've run across a lot of people like you. They often like to tell racist Indian jokes to Native Americans they know. Do you do that too?

Your continuing to trash the former NA hoops player, a year after she left the program, to get at me, a Native American, is racist, in my view. You don't know enough about the subject to even know that. You are a bad human. My guess is that you know that, as that's the way you've probably been your whole life.

mthoopsfan said:
EverettGriz said:
Umm, I just described how to use Venmo. But, uhh, congratulations to you and your family, I guess?

Most people have their venmo private. Public venmo is the exception. See below. Just because you don't know how to use venmo doesn't mean that the rest of us don't.

"One in four Venmo users refuse to make their accounts private and instead send cryptic messages such as emojis or random numbers when sending payments."

" The research team looked over 389 million public Venmo transaction messages from 2012 to 2020. They found nearly two in five users publicly shared at least one message containing personal information."

https://www.ktsm.com/news/are-your-finances-exposed-2-in-5-venmo-users-publicly-reveal-sensitive-information/

You are one dense motherfucker… The default setting for Venmo is public unless you specifically change it in your settings or in each post. That is all Everett said. Good for you for changing yours to private

hubcap said:
maroonandsilver said:

After hearing from a parent, this is my understanding too. It sounded like the decision is the coach's, and that the senior, not the team, may have been consulted.

Fahque said:
mthoopsfan said:
Most people have their venmo private. Public venmo is the exception. See below. Just because you don't know how to use venmo doesn't mean that the rest of us don't.

"One in four Venmo users refuse to make their accounts private and instead send cryptic messages such as emojis or random numbers when sending payments."

" The research team looked over 389 million public Venmo transaction messages from 2012 to 2020. They found nearly two in five users publicly shared at least one message containing personal information."

https://www.ktsm.com/news/are-your-finances-exposed-2-in-5-venmo-users-publicly-reveal-sensitive-information/

You are one dense #f##k#… The default setting for Venmo is public unless you specifically change it in your settings or in each post. That is all Everett said. Good for you for changing yours to private

I know how Venmo works. I know what the default setting is. I also did the research to find the above information on what people do. And, it's clear that most Venmo posts are done privately, either with an override or a decision on each post. You are the dense one. Learn to read. You continue to be one of the dumbest posts on egriz, and that says a lot.

mthoopsfan said:
Fahque said:
You are one dense #f##k#… The default setting for Venmo is public unless you specifically change it in your settings or in each post. That is all Everett said. Good for you for changing yours to private

I know how Venmo works. I know what the default setting is. I also did the research to find the above information on what people do. And, it's clear that most Venmo posts are done privately, either with an override or a decision on each post. You are the dense one. Learn to read. You continue to be one of the dumbest posts on egriz, and that says a lot.

Yeah, OK boomer… you just don’t like it when people call you out for your stupid shit

Fahque said:
mthoopsfan said:

Yeah, OK boomer… you just don’t like it when people call you out for your stupid shit

I didn’t say anything stupid. I merely provided statistics on the number of Venmo posts that are private, i.e. the bulk of them. You apparently didn’t read the post or can’t read, and flew off the handle by saying stupid stuff. Try reading and thinking before you post.

mthoopsfan said:
hubcap said:

After hearing from a parent, this is my understanding too. It sounded like the decision is the coach's, and that the senior, not the team, may have been consulted.

I was told "Unanimous". But I didn't follow up with who got to vote. It may have been every player, seniors, team leaders, the blacks. Right now, it doesn't matter much. The decision has been made. Zac has been informed he will not be on the team. He can now move on and find a team that will accept him. There might be some blow-back at that school, but probably no where what it would be in Missoula/UM.

And now we can move on to the next pressing question: are we gonna get any drop-down O-Linemen?

mthoopsfan said:
Fahque said:

I didn’t say anything stupid. I merely provided statistics on the number of Venmo posts that are private, i.e. the bulk of them. You apparently didn’t read the post or can’t read, and flew off the handle by saying stupid stuff. Try reading and thinking before you post.

Many on egriz are not capable of reading, then thinking, and then posting. Some do it in the wrong order. Some completely skip a step or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back