• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Zac Crews - Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
grizingatorland said:
Why are you all so worked up over this kid. He may have been a great high-school but there are many as good or better than him you could possibly risk losing by having the perception that the coaches allow racist on the team.

I think he's a terrific prospect. He will likely be an all-conference player. His high school coach believes he has NFL potential. I fear he's going to end up biting the Griz in the butt in the future. And, good for him. I hope he does.

I don’t know if he’ll ever see the field in the bsc. But if he does, I’m sure the GRIZ will look forward to the challenge.

…sooo..if he ends up in bozo…
…he’ll be at montanas juvenile university…
…for the juvenile mistake..listening to the juvenile cheer…

… :shock: …

Griz Addict said:
He's definitely sorry that he didn't make the transaction private. UM would have faced way more backlash if they signed him. The cons outweighed the pro. Especially when Hauck has a lot of pressure on him. The out roar from all his haters would have been in full force. None of you remember all the bullshit when he was rehired? Either way this kids family is obviously just butt hurt. Raise your kid better.

This is the only issue I still have with him. We’ve heard atleast 3 or 4 times now from people that are posting like they’re in the know that he’s “sorry that he didn't make the transaction private”. To me that tells me he’s a kid that still doesn’t understand the severity of what he posted. Not wishing he’d have never made a racist post. Just wishing that no one except his friends had seen it.

alabamagrizzly said:
Griz Addict said:
He's definitely sorry that he didn't make the transaction private. UM would have faced way more backlash if they signed him. The cons outweighed the pro. Especially when Hauck has a lot of pressure on him. The out roar from all his haters would have been in full force. None of you remember all the bullshit when he was rehired? Either way this kids family is obviously just butt hurt. Raise your kid better.

This is the only issue I still have with him. We’ve heard atleast 3 or 4 times now from people that are posting like they’re in the know that he’s “sorry that he didn't make the transaction private”. To me that tells me he’s a kid that still doesn’t understand the severity of what he posted. Not wishing he’d have never made a racist post. Just wishing that no one except his friends had seen it.

Agree completely

alabamagrizzly said:
Griz Addict said:

You have it backwards, from my recollection. He said he was sorry that he didn’t know it was or could have been perceived as racist. He said he didn’t know or realize that it wasn’t private on Venmo.

mthoopsfan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

You have it backwards, from my recollection. He said he was sorry that he didn’t know it was or could have been perceived as racist. He said he didn’t know or realize that it wasn’t private on Venmo.

His contention is he didn’t know what he posted could be perceived as racist? THAT’S his defense and apology??

If true, he’s got no shot in any locker room in America. And probably no shot in any social or business setting either.

mthoopsfan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

If he didn’t know it would be perceived as racist he is either stupid or.,,,,,ummm racist. How could you not know it would be perceived as racist.

mthoopsfan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

This isn't better, and in some respects actually makes it worse.

mthoopsfan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Yup, I’d have to agree with the other three people that just quoted you. I’m not buying he didn’t think this could be perceived as a racist post. What other possible non racist meanings could it have? I’m definitely not saying he’s racist although ignorant as shit to not think his post wasn’t racist. You gotta be pretty back woods to not understand the racial environment we live in today. Even most high school kids should understand this.

alabamagrizzly said:
mthoopsfan said:

Yup, I’d have to agree with the other three people that just quoted you. I’m not buying he didn’t think this could be perceived as a racist post. What other possible non racist meanings could it have? I’m definitely not saying he’s racist although ignorant as shit to not think his post wasn’t racist. You gotta be pretty back woods to not understand the racial environment we live in today. Even most high school kids should understand this.

I think most HS kids understand it far better than the rest of us do.

AllWeatherFan said:
I wish all the stupid-ass things I’ve ever done in my life had been “private.”

:lol:

Mine was displayed all over the front page for my whole family and all of misssoula to see😂.

Earlier in the day when we were duck hunting,” Crews remembers. “It was my first time duck hunting. I had shot my first duck, and that phrase had been said earlier in the day when were duck hunting.”

His quote from the article...pretty disturbing really...what in fact do we know about that duck......

It’s time for the young man to move on with his life and maybe he’s started. Based on his accomplishments, he should have a good future and he shouldn’t have a mark on his back forever based on one unfortunate mistake.

retiredpopo said:
Earlier in the day when we were duck hunting,” Crews remembers. “It was my first time duck hunting. I had shot my first duck, and that phrase had been said earlier in the day when were duck hunting.”

His quote from the article...pretty disturbing really...what in fact do we know about that duck......

So that explains that his family has raised him using this term. And why do they hate ducks so much?

alabamagrizzly said:
AllWeatherFan said:
I wish all the stupid-ass things I’ve ever done in my life had been “private.”

:lol:

Mine was displayed all over the front page for my whole family and all of misssoula to see😂.

As long as it was an inside joke that you and your friend said earlier, and you were dumb enough to not realize it was bad, and if you wanted to do it privately but we’re too dumb to check a box, and if your mom and dad think it was unfair, and you don’t seem very sorry that you did it, you’re just sorry how others took it, I think you’re in the clear as long as someone writes an article about how hard it’s been on you.

brewskis said:
Bozo JrCollegeofAG said:
To me the key information in the article is that “The NCAA won’t let any university employee comment on any unsigned players.” So we really have no idea what the full story is. I think it's premature to reflexively believe everything the Crews family says and simply blame Hauck or the UM for canceling him...
Bingo. All one sided to make UM look bad. It reads like an opinion piece to get him a roster spot somewhere. How is any of this proven in fact?

You clearly haven't been paying attention. This is the other side of the story, their story, after being told, by Hauck, to stay quiet for eight months.

If you want to see a biased, one-sided article, then go read the hit piece the Kaimin did on Zac last spring.

CDAGRIZ said:
alabamagrizzly said:

As long as it was an inside joke that you and your friend said earlier, and you were dumb enough to not realize it was bad, and if you wanted to do it privately but we’re too dumb to check a box, and if your mom and dad think it was unfair, and you don’t seem very sorry that you did it, you’re just sorry how others took it, I think you’re in the clear as long as someone writes an article about how hard it’s been on you.

Well the missoulian did write an article about how dumb I was but I don’t meet any of the other criteria so I’m screwed.

CDAGRIZ said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Yeah, you are probably right. Kids tell their coaches to [#]f### off all the time.

Maybe I need to read closer. I thought there was stuff in this and other info that has come out about how some players didn’t want to meet with him. Could admittedly be way wrong. Disregard if untrue.

The order of events are confusing... Zac asked to for the opportunity to speak to the team LAST FALL. Hauck told him no. The Kaimin smear job was published in the SPRING. Most already knew about the situation, but some were influenced by the Kaimin trash. Hauck is now saying that the team didn't want him on the team, so it's out of his hands. That's a load of shite and Hauck knows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back