• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

grading the eagles

garizzalies said:
SaskGriz said:
How can anybody grade Vernon Adams at anywhere lower than an A? Isn't he the preseason All-American QB, I think he threw like 50 td's last year. If he's not an A then nobody is. And don't bother with the he throws jump balls but his receivers make him look good. All QB's throw risky throws sometimes.
Big Playa V.D.'s risky throes are the kind that burn you long after the fact

Underrated post.

CDAGRIZ said:
garizzalies said:
SaskGriz said:
How can anybody grade Vernon Adams at anywhere lower than an A? Isn't he the preseason All-American QB, I think he threw like 50 td's last year. If he's not an A then nobody is. And don't bother with the he throws jump balls but his receivers make him look good. All QB's throw risky throws sometimes.
Big Playa V.D.'s risky throes are the kind that burn you long after the fact

On the other hand, his risky throws connect a lot and are deflating and can lead to a comfortable wins. If you have the receivers, why not? I don't put that on Gregorak. I thought the defense was really underwhelming. I sat right in the north end zone and watched Vernon toss up a ball basically straight to our safety and corner. The result: Kupp ran in out jumped the safety and straight ripped the ball away for a touchdown. Perfect example of offensive player being offensive and defensive player being passive. Also, when J.J throws a lot, he makes quite a few "bad" throws, though the only time we looked good in that game on offense was when J.J started slinging it. Sometimes it works.

Ursa Major said:
FormerEag said:
A+

/thread

Post of the year!

You must have snuck in a creative writing class between soldering 101 and soldering 102.

Ursa, as a Prop 48, FormerEag was granted a waiver from any courses as challenging as Intro to Soldering. I believe he learned the skills so aptly demonstrated in this thread in "Typing 301, Advanced Typing Skills -- The Use Of The Backslash To Impress (Other EWUGrads)".

* Prerequisite: a score of D or better in Typing 300: What is a "Comma?"

EverettGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
FormerEag said:
A+

/thread

Post of the year!

You must have snuck in a creative writing class between soldering 101 and soldering 102.

Ursa, as a Prop 48, FormerEag was granted a waiver from any courses as challenging as Intro to Soldering. I believe he learned the skills so aptly demonstrated in this thread in "Typing 301, Advanced Typing Skills -- The Use Of The Backslash To Impress (Other EWUGrads)".

* Prerequisite: a score of D or better in Typing 300: What is a "Comma?"

:clap:

getgrizzy said:
qb - A
rb - B
wr - A
ol - C

dl - D
lb - C
db - C

st - C

definitely a contender for the league, but far from a lock. teams with good d are always a threat to beat them. when adams is off they're in trouble.

The D-Line is my biggest area of concern going into this upcoming season. I do think our secondary will end up grading out a little higher than you've got them, lots of talent there. With what we know about our O-Line going into the season I'd probably put them around a C+, as I would our LB's. Hamlin and McCarthy will be two of the better LB's in the Big Sky, IMO.

EWURanger29 said:
getgrizzy said:
qb - A
rb - B
wr - A
ol - C

dl - D
lb - C
db - C

st - C

definitely a contender for the league, but far from a lock. teams with good d are always a threat to beat them. when adams is off they're in trouble.

The D-Line is my biggest area of concern going into this upcoming season. I do think our secondary will end up grading out a little higher than you've got them, lots of talent there. With what we know about our O-Line going into the season I'd probably put them around a C+, as I would our LB's. Hamlin and McCarthy will be two of the better LB's in the Big Sky, IMO.
Hamlin??? I swear I saw him on TV the other day pitching the benefits of reverse mortgages. In all honesty, the years appear to have been much kinder to him than they have to Fred or The Fonz.

EWURanger29 said:
getgrizzy said:
qb - A
rb - B
wr - A
ol - C

dl - D
lb - C
db - C

st - C

Eagles....pretty good, in my thinking
US? ..September will be our barometer for 2014.... Matchup later on with EWU will tell us who rules the rivalry.

first11 said:
EWURanger29 said:
getgrizzy said:
qb - A
rb - B
wr - A
ol - C

dl - D
lb - C
db - C

st - C

Eagles....pretty good, in my thinking
US? ..September will be our barometer for 2014.... Matchup later on with EWU will tell us who rules the rivalry.

I like the timing for this year's game. Should make for a good one, similar to when we played MSU this year for "all the marbles" in the Big Sky. My guess is both teams will go into this one with good conference records.

Rjones61 said:
ABQCat said:
Our biggest upside comes with Marino

I think it's interesting how so many Cat fans are confident in Marino shaking up the first year. I am sure that he will eventually be a great player, but it doesn't seem realistic for people to expect a high school talent to lead the defense in such a way. He will enter the collegiate level against offensive lineman who have spent all of their college years training physically with professional trainers to face defensive lineman. Marino will be deprived of that experience his first year and will face many obstacles. He may play as a true freshman and he may yet even start, but I can't foresee him being much greater than the average defensive end. It would take something magnificent for that to happen. Not impossible, but unlikely.
Check that Mr Jones. Although Marino seems to be all that he is cracked up to be and only took one day in camp to rise to the first team, I think the real upside is with Fitts. You and the granola bears are seriously hoping this particular rumor is not true. That is all.

It'll be great to welcome vitt(credited for ONE tackle) while playing for UCLA and mr.(I can't spell my name) marino to get the holy crap kicked out of em at Washington Grizzly Stadium under the lights in November. The cats have no frickin offense you idiot.
ABQCat said:
Rjones61 said:
ABQCat said:
Our biggest upside comes with Marino

I think it's interesting how so many Cat fans are confident in Marino shaking up the first year. I am sure that he will eventually be a great player, but it doesn't seem realistic for people to expect a high school talent to lead the defense in such a way. He will enter the collegiate level against offensive lineman who have spent all of their college years training physically with professional trainers to face defensive lineman. Marino will be deprived of that experience his first year and will face many obstacles. He may play as a true freshman and he may yet even start, but I can't foresee him being much greater than the average defensive end. It would take something magnificent for that to happen. Not impossible, but unlikely.
Check that Mr Jones. Although Marino seems to be all that he is cracked up to be and only took one day in camp to rise to the first team, I think the real upside is with Fitts. You and the granola bears are seriously hoping this particular rumor is not true. That is all.

Back