• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

grading the eagles

Somewhere in all this coaching needs to be addressed..IMO Montana's success will hinge on the offensive line and Tye G. If the he can't figure out how to keep people out of the end zone it may be a long frustrating season. Coaching is paramount.

jbear said:
I'll take a shot on the Griz:

qb A
rb B
wr B plus
ol C
dl A
lb B minus
db C plus
st B minus

I think that's realistic and without maroon colored glasses. A couple of these groups could end up much higher and a couple could go lower by the end of the season.

I'd probably give our O-Line and LB's an "I" for Incomplete...RB's are a solid A if they stay healthy. DB's are better than a C+, and ST's are worse than a B-.

nzone said:
Somewhere in all this coaching needs to be addressed..IMO Montana's success will hinge on the offensive line and Tye G. If the he can't figure out how to keep people out of the end zone it may be a long frustrating season. Coaching is paramount.

What this guy just said.... 3 strikes and you're out!

Raider said:
Objectively speaking, I would give the Griz a D+/- at every position, other than QB, where it’s a C- at best. That is my objective opinion, and if you think otherwise you are drinking the koolaid while wearing your maroon colored glasses and your judgment is clouded by your win at all cost mentality.

I say this objectively, as I am completely objective. The lack of objectivity and sugar coating on this board would preclude anyone from giving the Griz an objective grade.

If you disagree you are simply being subjective as a Griz fan, and not objective and un-biased like me.

Impartially,
Raider

Its cool how you are the only poster who can be objective and you state that if anybody disagrees with you they are not being objective. It must be wonderful to be blessed with such unquestionable abilities and powers. Please impart more truths on us, the unwashed masses.

SaskGriz said:
Raider said:
Objectively speaking, I would give the Griz a D+/- at every position, other than QB, where it’s a C- at best. That is my objective opinion, and if you think otherwise you are drinking the koolaid while wearing your maroon colored glasses and your judgment is clouded by your win at all cost mentality.

I say this objectively, as I am completely objective. The lack of objectivity and sugar coating on this board would preclude anyone from giving the Griz an objective grade.

If you disagree you are simply being subjective as a Griz fan, and not objective and un-biased like me.

Impartially,
Raider

Its cool how you are the only poster who can be objective and you state that if anybody disagrees with you they are not being objective. It must be wonderful to be blessed with such unquestionable abilities and powers. Please impart more truths on us, the unwashed masses.

In my objective opinion, Raider is the only poster capable of being objective.

grizindabox said:
SaskGriz said:
Raider said:

Impartially,
Raider

In my objective opinion, Raider is the only poster capable of being objective.
Except he exaggerates like a million times per day.

I'd bump up the Eagles DB grades, they landed a drop down who is expected to contribute and don't they have a few good safeties?

I'm a sugar coater but for Griz grades I'd just ball park (going into fall camp - things could improve or get worse of course):

QB: A-
RB: B
WR: B+
OL: D+
TE: D-

DL: B+
LB: C+
DB: B-

ST: C

Oddly this thread hasn't self destructed yet. Anybody want to objectively grade the Cats?

argh! said:
pussycatkillerz said:
Hotel California was alright but I've never been to much of a fan...

i'm with the kitten torturer on this one.

xtQWKi5.jpg

EWU is always competitive with their fair share of skill athletes, however the coaching staff knows what to do in tight situations in games, however that has not been the situation with our coaching staff in the past, hopefully our coaching staff has overcome this situation from the top down.

ABQCat said:
Oddly this thread hasn't self destructed yet. Anybody want to objectively grade the Cats?

Not knowing as much on them:

QB: C+
RB: B+
WR: C-
TE: B
OL: C-

DL: C+
LB: C+
DB: B

ST: B-

pussycatkillerz said:
ABQCat said:

My objective grade for the cats would be: ?
I like our LB, OL and TE and give them As. DB and RB at Bs. WR and DL are Cs. QB as a total unknown but probably in the B range. I do think that Johnson will be an All American returner, but we will likely start a true frosh at K making our ST a mixed bag.

ABQCat said:
pussycatkillerz said:
ABQCat said:

I like our LB, OL and TE and give them As. DB and RB at Bs. WR and DL are Cs. QB as a total unknown but probably in the B range. I do think that Johnson will be an All American returner, but we will likely start a true frosh at K making our ST a mixed bag.

- Isn't your OL pretty banged up and thin though?

- Agree on DB and RB, good talent in that group. Johnson might be one of the better RBs in the conference and I like Flowers as a shut down corner.

- QB I put as a C+ b/c Bleskin bring some experience while Prukop brings potential - however both are largely unproven.

BWahlberg said:
ABQCat said:
pussycatkillerz said:
ABQCat said:

- Isn't your OL pretty banged up and thin though?

- Agree on DB and RB, good talent in that group. Johnson might be one of the better RBs in the conference and I like Flowers as a shut down corner.

- QB I put as a C+ b/c Bleskin bring some experience while Prukop brings potential - however both are largely unproven.
Thin is the operative word for most of the Position groups including the OL, but our first 5 are all proven quantities. I believe moving Catalano to C will be a big upgrade compared to last year. I like Horn as a quality #6, but from there is drops off really fast. We drop off really fast at DB, LB, and DL as well. If the injury bug persists, this could be a long year.

Prukop will surprise people, but since he's never played a down I can't argue with you giving us a C. Bleskin will end up the #3 IMO.

Our biggest upside comes with Marino at DE and Roderick at WR. Both those guys could end up awesome but we won't know for sure for a while. TRod will need to control his attitude and settle in knowing he's never going to play QB and Marino will need to demonstrate he can play for Bo Beck (total hard ass who has demonstrated he's willing to make great players ride the pine because of bad attitude and/or bad technique.

grizcountry420 said:
nzone said:

What this guy just said.... 3 strikes and you're out!

what this guy said about the other guy..................as for a grade on the griz and being as objective as I know how to be...
qb a
rb b+ (because no big back)
ol c
te c
wr a

dl b+
lb c (unproven)
cb c
safety b

st c

Latest posts

Back