• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Some small but noticeable upgrades to WaGriz for the fall

You guys can minimize it all you want, but the handrails are huge. It will allow my 75 year old father a few more years of griz games. The cell service is big as well. Most media sources including TV and print have added twitter feeds to stay current and update their bases. This will help with improved coverage of the griz as well. I even like the ribbon screens. Money is what drives the engine. More advertisers is good for the program. Like it or not, we are not going back to the old days.

grizfnz said:
Get rid of Mo, update the Monte show, dump Jimmy John's, kiss cam and update the tunes and you have improvements. All they've done so far is shake dome sugar on $hit and try to sell it as desert.

Agree 100% - Dump Mo, Jimmy Johns, & Kiss cam!

AZGrizFan said:
Some people would bitch if they were hung with a new rope.
Only if the rope comes in the same packaging it did 14 years ago and at double the price.

If you guys on here are to ignorant to realize how important technological upgrades are to this facility, in this day and age, there is no helping you. Half the younger generation that goes to the games spend the entire game snapchatting and tweeting selfies of themselves and friends to other friends. I personally like watching the game, but many could care less. This is called a 21st century upgrade!!!!! Good thing for Griz Nation

grizfan95 said:
Some new pre-game stuff would be cool. I agree that Bring em Out needs to be scrapped.

I still want Monte to zip-line in from the top of the smoke stack.
The dude can't even ride a motorcyle at 10 MPH without crashing it (twice); you want him to do THAT? :lol:

And yeah, cell phone = checking the scores of other FCS games going on. A task that has been impossible

Brock Landers said:
grizfan95 said:
Some new pre-game stuff would be cool. I agree that Bring em Out needs to be scrapped.

The dude can't even ride a motorcyle at 10 MPH without crashing it (twice); you want him to do THAT? :lol:

And yeah, cell phone = checking the scores of other FCS games going on. A task that has been impossible

That's what I'm most excited about this year. Being able to keep tabs on other Big Sky scores throughout the game.

All good stuff.
I hope the ribbon bands can be used for running scores and stats of other games and not just sole for advertising. We really do need to get rid of Jimmy Johns and the kiss cam. It's particularly bad when, in the heat of a game and it's tense...here we go with these dumb things. It's bush leage and needs to be gone! The announcers timing sometimes couldn't be worse.

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
Washington-Grizzly Stadium has the reputation of producing the best fan experience in the Football Championship Subdivision, but Chuck Maes knows reputations are like eggs: fragile, easy to break and very hard to put back together.

Like a football program?

statler & waldorf said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:
Washington-Grizzly Stadium has the reputation of producing the best fan experience in the Football Championship Subdivision, but Chuck Maes knows reputations are like eggs: fragile, easy to break and very hard to put back together.

Like a football program?

And yet despite Haucks last years, JODs lack of oversite, and Jim Foleys strongarming/denial/coverups, it appears to be coming back together

tnt said:
statler & waldorf said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:

Like a football program?

And yet despite Haucks last years, JODs lack of oversite, and Jim Foleys strongarming/denial/coverups, it appears to be coming back together
Must we go over this again with you. Gwen and RE created our mess. Gwen's creative writing and RE's lack of any form of communication and CEO type skills in dealing with everything associated with that situation. I can not say it enough, RE was a freaking idiot in how he handled everything with regard to the DOJ, Missoulian, Missoula Police, self imposed penalties etc etc. Granted Hauck was not perfect, much was going in the right direction prior to the firings of RP, JF, JO.
Now back on task, when O'Day was here there was a athletic budget surplus despite very little institutional support and many of the improvements would have been done sooner had he been at the helm.

grizfan95 said:

:clap: :clap:

These are all fine, but I would like to suggest a simple, inexpensive addition that would improve my gameday experience--radios playing the game in the men's room.

bad influence said:
These are all fine, but I would like to suggest a simple, inexpensive addition that would improve my gameday experience--radios playing the game in the men's room.

excellent suggestion.

Alaska Griz said:
bad influence said:

excellent suggestion.

Definitely. I'm also thinking we might have you guys to thank for the previous plumbing upgrades. Nice work.

Alaska Griz said:
bad influence said:

excellent suggestion.

A critical 3rd quarter convenience!

Doesn't Belgrade high have some kind of closed circuit tv system? If we got that at wagriz I wouldn't have to wear depends

Back