• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lex's workout at the NFL combine today

gman8424

My buddy who is attending the combine told me that Lex had the 4th most bench reps among all backs and second overall as a tailback with 26 reps. pretty impressive if you ask me.

NFL.com doesn't show the RBs working out until Sunday...Did they workout today and it is tape delayed?

I know RB's, QB's and WR's all lifted on Saturday and will do the running jumping and drills on Sunday. Don't know Lex's official bench press. it's not listed yet.

You'll all see that he did participate, why else would he be at the combine.....to not participate. what a way to impress everyone if he were to "not participate". like i said, my buddy is down there training to become an NFL scout and said that LH benched 235# 26X.

gman8424 said:
My buddy who is attending the combine told me that Lex had the 4th most bench reps among all backs and second overall as a tailback with 26 reps. pretty impressive if you ask me.

awesome if it's true.

Auburn's Carl Stewart and Furman's Jerome Felton led running backs with 30 repetitions of 225 pounds in the bench press. Oregon's Jonathan Stewart was third with 28 reps, followed by: Justin Forsett of Cal (26), Peyton Hillis of Arkansa-Fayetteville (26), Rashard Mendenhall of Illinois (26), Owen Schmitt of West Virginia (26), Cory Boyd of South Carolina (25), Thomas Brown of Georgia (25) and Benjarvus Green-Ellis of Mississippi (24). The league listed Stewart, Felton and Schmitt as fullbacks, based on their college positions.

This from ESPN report. Do not appear Hilliard participated.

Hilliard is the 2nd heaviest running back, when the fullbacks are excluded. He's the 9th tallest rb of 31. 4 or 5 of the 6 fullbacks are bigger than Hilliard.

Gman, it looks like the first thing your friend training to be a scout needs to work on, is the correct identification of the player he's looking at. I don't think he's going to impress an NFL team by scouting the wrong player. It looks like lots of the rb's didn't bench.

http://fflivewire.com/players/PlayersCombine.asp?OrderBy=+ORDER+BY+LastNAme%2C+FirstName%2C+PosNameShort%2C+Team&PlayerName=&pTeamID=99999999&PosNum=2&GO=GO%21

Lex didn't lift.

Jackson of App St was the fastest receiver in the 1st round of the 40, at 4.27. The 10th fastest receiver was 4.44. They get a second round. We'll see if Hiilard runs. He's there in the combine uni. He must be doing some drills today.

PlayerRep said:
Hilliard is the 2nd heaviest running back, when the poop are excluded. He's the 9th tallest rb of 31. 4 or 5 of the 6 poop are bigger than Hilliard.

WOW! Do they make them take a dump before they put them on the scale?

As reported yesterday, it appears Lex didn't lift. I guess your friend needs glasses:

RUNNING BACKSName Reps
Stewart, Carl 30
Felton, Jerome 30
Stewart, Jonathan 28
Forsett, Justin 26
Hillis, Peyton 26
Mendenhall, Rashard 26
Schmitt, Owen 26
Boyd, Cory 25
Brown, Thomas 25
Green-Ellis, BenJarvus 24

From NFL.com

32 inch vertical for Hilliard. Looks like that's above the middle of the pack. Best so far is about 35. McFadden, the back who seems to be getting alot of attention, had 33, I believe.

One analyst is saying Howie Long's son, the DE from Virginia, will be the 2nd pick in the draft. The Long kid considered coming to Montana, and visited UM unofficially with his dad in his junior year of high school, I believe.

Receivers 40's ended up with the App St kid being the best at 4.27. The 9th and 10th fastest receivers both ran 4.43. I think there were 6 under 4.4. 13 of the wideouts ran over 4.6 and some considerably over 4.6. This tells me that the UM receivers are by no means slow, assuming their reported 40 times are relatively accurate.

NFL Network has some mixed signals here. Yesterday on their bottom ticker they had Lex lifting and doing 26 reps. I saw it many times, however, today it lists him as DNP.

Somebody call Elvis and see what's up

Latest posts

Back