• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Coach New Decade New Uniforms?

tdon

With a new coach, new decade I think the griz need new uniforms. We haven't been successful at the NC game with the current silver, white, maroon or white pants. We won in 2001 when we were the home team with marron jerseys, silver pants and silver helmets. In 1996 the first year of the maroon and siilver we lost to Marshall wearing the white jerseys. In 2000 we lost in white jerseys and maroon pants. In 2004 we lost to JMU in while jerseys. We lost to Richmond in white jerseys and then this year again we lost in white jerseys to Villanova.

I would like to see new helmets either totally maroon with GRIZ script in silver. Or some black and maroon version with the head of the grizzly bear mascot logo on it. Not the full griz mascot just the head like you see on some marketing material. If we go with dark helmets than at home wear totally black/maroon depending on the helmet design.

I would like to see griz claw marks going down the sides of the jerseys as well as the pants similar to Cincinatti's.

I just think the current away uniform dress has bad carma when we play in the NC in those uniform especially the white jerseys.

I appreciate your zeal and those are some good ideas, but one of the things I am most proud of is that we don't have a bunch of gayness in our uniforms like oregon and some of those other teams that have a new uniform for every game. Personally I love the silver helmets.

I do not want black anything in the uniforms. Black is not a UM color. I thought it was really stupid when Glanville took over in Portland, and, all of a sudden, they were wearing black unis.

'68griz said:
I do not want black anything in the uniforms. Black is not a UM color. I thought it was really stupid when Glanville took over in Portland, and, all of a sudden, they were wearing black unis.
:clap:

The helmets will never change. I think they are getting new jerseys next year since they usually get new ones every 3 years. The only thing I would like to see with the jerseys is stitched numbers and lettering. I agree I can't stand Oregon fashion show.

okay, we may disagree on colors, but this is an excellent idea. griz football is a sport but it's also a business--one crucial to the university, and to the maintenance of all our sports programs. and as any good businessman will tell you, the "look" of a company extends well beyond its actual product, to the mascots (think geico's gecko or aflac's duck or mcdonald's clown, or our own monte or southern cal's trojan horse), to the uniforms (think cincinnati bengals), to the color of the turf (think boise state), or in many cases, to interior design (think starbucks.) it probably doesn't change the product itself, but it's crucial in giving a company or a school its distinctive look, its brand. montana has been so effective in creating a spectacular game-day environment, why not extend it to the uniforms? we may play in a sub-division, but we don't have to be sub-anything in our creativity.

and by the way, since we were the number one seed, why was villanova the home team? what's up with that anyway?

citygriz said:
and by the way, since we were the number one seed, why was villanova the home team? what's up with that anyway?

I think home/away is decided by a coin flip, not record and seed. :twocents:

RobGriz said:
I appreciate your zeal and those are some good ideas, but one of the things I am most proud of is that we don't have a bunch of gayness in our uniforms like oregon and some of those other teams that have a new uniform for every game. Personally I love the silver helmets.
"gayness"...what the hell does that mean....Oregon has an identity and is breaking the traditional mold...it is working...they are in the Rose Bowl...

GrizLA said:
RobGriz said:
"gayness"...what the hell does that mean....Oregon has an identity and is breaking the traditional mold...it is working...they are in the Rose Bowl...
Think of Penn St. as the opposite of gayness.....

GrizLA said:
RobGriz said:
Oregons uniforms look like rank ass, thats their identity and I would imagine it was their play on the field and not their ugly damn uni's that got them to the rose bowl. As far as what gayness means you may need this:
http://www.totallytom.com/thecureforgayness.html

kemajic said:
GrizLA said:
:clap: or the Griz

No doubt on the oregon unis they do have an image nationally and they look like a bunch of clowns that fell out of their car

kemajic said:
GrizLA said:
plain? uninteresting? boring? ok, I get it..

I think we have to keep the Griz script on the helmets. It is totally unique and looks awesome, or we could put a giant boring ass M on our helmets like our little sister down the road...As for inverting the colors, I prefer lighter helmets to darker ones. And no black! It is not a UM color. Black is what teams who otherwise aren't intimidating use to look intimidating. As long as they don't go over the top trying to make them look all modern and busy, I'm for changes every few years.

Back