• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Coach New Decade New Uniforms?

Hammer said:
our uniforms/colors are just fine right now, imo.

Yup.

And what business Oregon has in using black in their uniforms I have no idea. Black is not one of Oregon's colors. I think they started using black just to annoy Oregon State fans/alumni. From the OSU fans/alums I know, it's working.

CrunchGriz said:
Hammer said:
our uniforms/colors are just fine right now, imo.

Yup.

And what business Oregon has in using black in their uniforms I have no idea. Black is not one of Oregon's colors. I think they started using black just to annoy Oregon State fans/alumni. From the OSU fans/alums I know, it's working.

I think the Oregon black uni's may have had some influence from the "Georgia Blackout" game hype too. If Nike were providing the U with 8 different color combinations, I'm sure they'd wear what ever was provided (regardless of what we all think)......plus there is the added marketing potential of selling all those different jerseys at the book store. BTW black seems to be quite popular as most of them are sold out.
http://www.allamericancollegejerseys.com/oregonbeavers.html
http://yahoosports.teamfanshop.com/NCAA_University_of_Oregon_Jerseys_Football

Maroon helmet with one silver stripe, and griz paw in silver on the sides....And more mixing of colors in the uniforms, like maroon with silver sleeves with maroon numbers on the sleeve........Check out the jerseys you can make on Madden 2010, they have some cool designs

I am not fond of the strip on the shoulder of the jersey myself. I liked when we had the Griz paw on the shoulder. I would like to see that again. I was also thinking a griz paw on the back of the helmet might be kinda cool looking as well with the player number inside of the pad of the paw.

OrgonGriz said:
I am not fond of the strip on the shoulder of the jersey myself. I liked when we had the Griz paw on the shoulder. I would like to see that again. I was also thinking a griz paw on the back of the helmet might be kinda cool looking as well with the player number inside of the pad of the paw.
You mean like this?

Cal%20Helmet.png

Willie said:
OrgonGriz said:
You mean like this?

Cal%20Helmet.png

That may be alright. Silver helmets, maroon stripe and paw on the back. Can you do it up Griz Style, Willie?

The only thing I think cold be kind of cool is if they did a completely reverse helmet for a special game, ala the copper and gold last year. Maroon helmet with silver griz script and a silver/grey facemask.

Hammer said:
Willie said:

I figured you could get er done :thumb: :thumb:
They're not horrible honestly. Obviously they wouldn't mirror Cal's, but something similar could be done. Hell, I'd even offer to design them. :lol:

I wish we would get white pants to go with the white jerseys or silver jerseys to go with the silver pants...

rgrizfan said:
I wish we would get white pants to go with the white jerseys or silver jerseys to go with the silver pants...
The latter; white is not one of our colors.

Willie said:
Hammer said:
That may be alright. Silver helmets, maroon stripe and paw on the back. Can you do it up Griz Style, Willie?
:thumb:

g71szmsttqazrt9yw06t.png

That looks GREAT I think!! Or maybe if not a solid stripe how about five thinner stripes " to give that scratch look to the helmet from the claws..

Those helmets are cool but the ones they have are fine. Get rid of the white/silver combo. When the road jersery's are worn always wear the maroon pants. The maroon on maroon look is also a cool combo to do at home on occasion.

Latest posts

Back