• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

5:30 that go away

rogermp

Can anyone explain the magical evaporation of 5:30 from yesterdays game?
Can any reference the rule that allows time to be wiped from an NCAA game?
In 40 yrs of going to games at the HS, College and Pro Level I have NEVER seen time
just erased off the clock from the middle of a game.

It would be like a baseball game called for a rain delay in the 6th inning and being resumed in the
8th inning....what happened to the 7th inning?

So what happened to 5:30??

Yes it was a blow out, but just want to know what rule was applied that allows time to arbitrarily wiped off the game clock.

Spoken like blah blah blah blah

How flipping hard is it to get a legit answer on this freaking board?
I want to know the same thing.

Fencer24: The jet in your logo says it all...jarheaded, war loving, people killing, koolaid drinker...must have never graduated from the U or you would be a deeper thinker. Sorry for your short comings, must be a rough life.

rogermp said:
Fencer24: The jet in your logo says it all...jarheaded, war loving, people killing, koolaid drinker...must have never graduated from the U or you would be a deeper thinker. Sorry for your short comings, must be a rough life.

Just because he has a Jet as a logo means he's war loving and people killing? You must not be a supporter of our troops fighting and losing thier lives overseas. I support each and every one of our troops that are sacrificing their lives and time away from their family so you can write something ignorant on a forum. Sorry for your short comings, must be a rough life.

I may be way out of line here, but I am guessing that Western State didn't have a problem with it.... Although, I was wondering why no one was talking about it.

vettert49 said:
rogermp said:

Just because he has a Jet as a logo means he's war loving and people killing? You must not be a supporter of our troops fighting and losing thier lives overseas. I support each and every one of our troops that are sacrificing their lives and time away from their family so you can write something ignorant on a forum. Sorry for your short comings, must be a rough life.

Support the poor troop just not the "leaders" that got is into the mess.

13thwarrior said:
I may be way out of line here, but I am guessing that Western State didn't have a problem with it.... Although, I was wondering why no one was talking about it.

Yes...back to the reason for the post. Why is no one asking the question?

rogermp said:

Hey fuck you, do you even know what the term jarhead refers to, I'll give you a hint, it has nothing to do with mental capacity. The term jarhead refers to the effect created by leather neck guards worn by early Marines. If you were a deeper thinker, you wouldn't be so short sighted. I've met some pretty damn intelligent people in the military(many that have multiple degrees) Maybe you should study a little world history and learn the importance of maintaining an adequate military, then, maybe you might feel a little better about people who think jets are cool

As pertaining to the original question, since apparently this is now a political debate, I imagine since the extended delay, coupled with the fact that halftime was so close, I would guess both coaches (and possibly ADs) agreed to have an extra long halftime and to scrap the 5 lost minutes.. by halftime the game as well in hand as it was, I'm sure WSC was not interested in being scored on again.

Just got done watching the Robin Pflugrad show and he said it was a decision made in the locker room with both head coaches approval to call it the start of the 3rd quarter when play resumed. I'm sure if one of the coaches had not approved then they would have played the last 5:30 of the 2nd, then go back in for halftime again.

Had it been a competitive game or a playoff game they would have played the whole game.

Boscoe said:
rogermp said:

Hey f*** you, do you even know what the term jarhead refers to, I'll give you a hint, it has nothing to do with mental capacity. The term jarhead refers to the effect created by leather neck guards worn by early Marines. If you were a deeper thinker, you wouldn't be so short sighted. I've met some pretty damn intelligent people in the military(many that have multiple degrees) Maybe you should study a little world history and learn the importance of maintaining an adequate military, then, maybe you might feel a little better about people who think jets are cool

Adequate military works for me....not an over bloated random killing machine:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/03/AR2010090302200.html

Hammer said:
Just got done watching the Robin Pflugrad show and he said it was a decision made in the locker room with both head coaches approval to call it the start of the 3rd quarter when play resumed. I'm sure if one of the coaches had not approved then they would have played the last 5:30 of the 2nd, then go back in for halftime again.

Had it been a competitive game or a playoff game they would have played the whole game.

Which part of the NCAA rule book did he reference for the decision? Just very curious since I've never heard of this happening.

rogermp said:
Hammer said:

Which part of the NCAA rule book did he reference for the decision? Just very curious since I've never heard of this happening.

I had never seen it before either. he did not reference a rule in the book. I'm not sure one exists. Why do you have such a problem with it?

Back