• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

5:30 that go away

Well you certainly aren't standing beside it buddy, you're cowering behind it. I have no problem with someone questioning anything, but that certainly isn't what you're doing. Also, you appear to have purposely left someone out in your "comedy" list, Avatar Barrack, or should I say Nero. Of course, I don't know if he plays the fiddle or not, but I should think you get the point.

I'm done here tho so roger yourself away the British way Mr. roger. Politics have no place on a FB forum and I apologize for perpetuating the feeding of this troll.... :oops:

Sua Sponte

R.L.T.W!!

Harm said:
Well you certainly aren't standing beside it buddy, you're cowering behind it. I have no problem with someone questioning anything, but that certainly isn't what you're doing. Also, you appear to have purposely left someone out in your "comedy" list, Avatar Barrack, or should I say Nero. Of course, I don't know if he plays the fiddle or not, but I should think you get the point.

I'm done here tho so roger yourself away the British way Mr. roger. Politics have no place on a FB forum and I apologize for perpetuating the feeding of this troll.... :oops:

Sua Sponte

R.L.T.W!!

I agree I would prefer to stick to Griz topics here but Mr. cclarkblues brought it up on page 1 so I could not stand back. Rome (aka USA) was already set a blaze at least 7 yrs ago by George "Caligula" Bush. Hard for the fire department to undo a fire that has been burning for 7+ yrs and magically reconstruct the world in 18 months. Not even JC was that good.

interesting dialog...............good to see that both sides are represented. both are valid and both are true. that's what makes up America and why we have 2 parties. but lets not make enemies of each other, cause a highly charged divided group does not show our sovereignty. i think both sides love this country and what it was founded on..........lets make sure that our politicians keep that in mind as well. they can get alittle side tracked spending too much time collecting money.

zirge said:
interesting dialog...............good to see that both sides are represented. both are valid and both are true. that's what makes up America and why we have 2 parties. but lets not make enemies of each other, cause a highly charged divided group does not show our sovereignty. i think both sides love this country and what it was founded on..........lets make sure that our politicians keep that in mind as well. they can get alittle side tracked spending too much time collecting money.

Yes so true...I always remember Missoula as a place of open debate where people appreciate the views of others and will listen...may we never all completely agree on everything and always have free and open dialogue. Probably need more than 2 parties now to shake things up and also real campaign finance reform (time to cap the spending for ANY political campaign at say $500,000 and no more. Then maybe the people elected would focus on serving the people and not spending 75-80% of their time raising money.

Hammer: This wayward pseudo-political thread could have really used one of your patented "STFU." pronouncements...BTW, saw the "Butte, America" film on MT PBS tonight... Excellent

happened to me twice as a high school football coach. Have had the last 5 minutes of a high school game cancelled because of lightning. I don't know where to find it, cause there is a provision for this in the high school handbook, that allows the officials (game officals, not school officials) to call the game. If no apparent make up is possible, i believe just a half of the game has to be played. Don't quote me on that, but that is what a north central montana football official told me the first time it happened.

In fact, I believe a major leaue game is comlete after 5 innings ... or after 4 and one half if the home team is leading and it's halted, so the bottom of the fifth does not have to be played.

I think there was an announcement that the NCAA requires a half-hour wait after the last lightning bolt before resuming play.

so, as somebody mentioned, it would have been the half-hour wait after the last lightning, then 5:30 of play, then 20 minutes of halftime before starting the second half. I'm sure there's some kind of referee discretion about suspending play ...

AND when it's 42-2, non-conference, I believe the right conclusion was made -- but those upset could request an asterisk on ALL statistics --

rogermp said:
Fencer24: The jet in your logo says it all...jarheaded, war loving, people killing, koolaid drinker...must have never graduated from the U or you would be a deeper thinker. Sorry for your short comings, must be a rough life.
Better a Jarhead than a dickhead, Roger! You're just a dumbass, aren't you?!

Semper Fi

fencer24 said:
rogermp said:
Fencer24: The jet in your logo says it all...jarheaded, war loving, people killing, koolaid drinker...must have never graduated from the U or you would be a deeper thinker. Sorry for your short comings, must be a rough life.

I shouldn't feed the trolls, but this is too funny. The jet in the logo is a SU24B NATO code name Fencer. It is a variable geometry swing wing fighter bomber with terrain avoidance radar that was to be used if the Soviet invaded Western Europe to attack airfields and targets of high value. It was the primary threat to me and my unit.
My comment was triggered by your Tea Party remark. If you hadn't brought it up, I probably would have left it alone. But for you to decide who is a koolaid drinker after your comment is just ridiculous. And your assessment of someone based on their avatar hilarious. Good luck to you with dealing with the coming political change. I just don't think you are going to make it.

Oh, and I have my Masters and my law degree from UM.

OK. Now that we have established this, maybe we can answer the question at hand about the game? Oh and by the way, I love Koolaid. Grape to be precise. Wonderful on a hot day :thumb:

I tried not to reply to this... really.... Roger, you bitch about the Tea Party, and then stand behind the Constitution... You do understand (or maybe not) that Tea Party people are constitution loving people right??? I don't know what you were drinking when writing some of your posts, but I don't want any... You can keep your dumb juice

rogermp said:
Yes MLB is complete after 6 innings...but have you ever seen an MLB team skip an inning and resume play?

No, MLB is complete after 4.5 innings if the home team is ahead or 5 innings if the visitors are ahead.

Gentlemen and Ladies..
I was in the press box listening to the NCAA representative speak with Mr. O'Day and show him the rule presented previously in this post.They then spoke with the coaches and made the decision that the game would resume with the start of the 3rd quarter at 3:22 pm. That way...the band had a chance to do the half-time show, folks had time to return to their seats and the teams could warm up before action resumed. In my observation, all this was done in a calm and reasonable manner, despite the unprecendented circumstances on Saturday.
Thanks...
peterc the PA guy

Robin Pflugrad talks about the 5:30 run off of time during the coaches show. It was a decision by the coaches, AD's, and ref's. Here is the link....(it is part 1 he talks about it)

http://www.grizcentral.com/

Peter,
Thanks for the insight.
I know you've been going to Griz games
for many years (probably long than when I started in the late 70's)
had you ever seen a situation where time was taken away from the middle
of a game. Thanks again for the inside info.

Boscoe said:
rogermp said:

Hey f*** you, do you even know what the term jarhead refers to, I'll give you a hint, it has nothing to do with mental capacity. The term jarhead refers to the effect created by leather neck guards worn by early Marines. If you were a deeper thinker, you wouldn't be so short sighted. I've met some pretty damn intelligent people in the military(many that have multiple degrees) Maybe you should study a little world history and learn the importance of maintaining an adequate military, then, maybe you might feel a little better about people who think jets are cool

But...a Russian jet?

This happens in my kids' games, the cats are lucky it hasn't happend to them. MERCY RULE! :lol:

rogermp said:
Thanks for your service....I have also served this country for many years just not bled...sorry if you have, hope you are well.

I don't think 20 years as a postmistress really counts, but are you sure you never got at least one tiny little paper cut during your service to the country? :eek:

Back