• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

5:30 that go away

As a former military man and graduate of the u of m, I say screw you rogermp. You have obviously never bled for your country. However, back to your original question which is a good one. I
I'm curious as well as to the rule.

No problem, just VERY curious since I've never seen a reference to this happening at any level, HS, College or Pro. I'll come back to the baseball analogy could you imagine the an MLB team just arbitrarily deciding to "skip an inning" in the middle of a game.

Griz2k said:
As a former military man and graduate of the u of m, I say screw you rogermp. You have obviously never bled for your country. However, back to your original question which is a good one. I
I'm curious as well as to the rule.

Thanks for your service....I have also served this country for many years just not bled...sorry if you have, hope you are well.

rogermp said:
No problem, just VERY curious since I've never seen a reference to this happening at any level, HS, College or Pro. I'll come back to the baseball analogy could you imagine the an MLB team just arbitrarily deciding to "skip an inning" in the middle of a game.

MLB teams often leave 3 innings out of a game. Isn't a MLB game considered complete after 6 innings if rain hits? Nascar races are considered complete after 1/2 the laps are completed, should weather intervene.

I just don't see where it is that big of a deal.

Hammer said:
rogermp said:

MLB teams often leave 3 innings out of a game. Isn't a MLB game considered complete after 6 innings if rain hits? Nascar races are considered complete after 1/2 the laps are completed, should weather intervene.

Yes MLB is complete after 6 innings...but have you ever seen an MLB team skip an inning and resume play?

rogermp said:
Hammer said:

Yes MLB is complete after 6 innings...but have you ever seen an MLB team skip an inning and resume play?

Why don't you just call Robin on the radio show tuesday night and get the info from him. It's a non issue with me and I'm tired of talking about it.

rogermp said:
Thanks for your service....I have also served this country for many years just not bled...sorry if you have, hope you are well.

From your comments I would not have guessed you served. I stand corrected and appreciate your service as well. I think sometimes we forget that we're all on the same team in the end.

Griz2k said:
rogermp said:

From your comments I would not have guessed you served. I stand corrected and appreciate your service as well. I think sometimes we forget that we're all on the same team in the end.

Thanks...the past decade and the damage it has done to our country financially (see Wash Post article referenced) is what troubles me the most.

The fact that this was a non-conference, non-league game is decisive as an answer to your question. The coaches would not have had the discretion to make this decision if this was a conference game.

grizfromhel said:
The fact that this was a non-conference, non-league game is decisive as an answer to your question. The coaches would not have had the discretion to make this decision if this was a conference game.

Ok, I can see if this was Big Sky game there would have at least been a ruling from Odgen. Ok, it was not a conference game but was does it not count in the over all record, thus making it an official game?

rogermp said:
Fencer24: The jet in your logo says it all...jarheaded, war loving, people killing, koolaid drinker...must have never graduated from the U or you would be a deeper thinker. Sorry for your short comings, must be a rough life.

I shouldn't feed the trolls, but this is too funny. The jet in the logo is a SU24B NATO code name Fencer. It is a variable geometry swing wing fighter bomber with terrain avoidance radar that was to be used if the Soviet invaded Western Europe to attack airfields and targets of high value. It was the primary threat to me and my unit.
My comment was triggered by your Tea Party remark. If you hadn't brought it up, I probably would have left it alone. But for you to decide who is a koolaid drinker after your comment is just ridiculous. And your assessment of someone based on their avatar hilarious. Good luck to you with dealing with the coming political change. I just don't think you are going to make it.

Oh, and I have my Masters and my law degree from UM.

rogermp said:
Pflugrad radio show: What time and station on Tuesday?

Same stations it has been on in years past, only difference this year it is on tuesdays not mondays as it has always been. 6 pm

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44623

Hammer said:
rogermp said:
Pflugrad radio show: What time and station on Tuesday?

Same stations it has been on in years past, only difference this year it is on tuesdays not mondays as it has always been. 6 pm

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44623

Thanks

It's just gone man. Like the clouds in the sky, they come and they go. Life goes on. Its Missoula. Its why we live here.

RULE 3-2 / PERIODS, TIME FACTORS AND SUBSTITUTIONS

Timing Adjustments
ARTICLE 2. Before the game starts, playing time and the intermission
between halves may be shortened by the referee if he is of the opinion that
darkness may interfere with the game. The four periods must be of equal
length if the game is shortened before its start.
a. Any time during the game, the playing time of any remaining period or
periods and the intermission between halves may be shortened by mutual
agreement of the opposing head coaches and the referee.

Orion_01 said:
RULE 3-2 / PERIODS, TIME FACTORS AND SUBSTITUTIONS

Timing Adjustments
ARTICLE 2. Before the game starts, playing time and the intermission
between halves may be shortened by the referee if he is of the opinion that
darkness may interfere with the game. The four periods must be of equal
length if the game is shortened before its start.
a. Any time during the game, the playing time of any remaining period or
periods and the intermission between halves may be shortened by mutual
agreement of the opposing head coaches and the referee.

Interesting. Great find.

Fencer, I think Roger is going to need the UM suicide hotline number in the next two years. Some will just never understand despite living under the umbrella of freedom provided to them by those they would proclaim to support and despise in the same breath. Obviously, he holds his manhood cheaply.

As to the subject of the post, nice find. I just figured it was some kind of mercy rule... :cool:

Sua Sponte

R.L.T.W!!!!

Thanks Orion
Finally a civil person with a clear and documented response. This is all I was looking for to know that there was a rule that was used. One of those rules RARELY used, but in the books. First time I've seen it in 30+ yrs of going to NCAA games.

Harm said:
Fencer, I think Roger is going to need the UM suicide hotline number in the next two years. Some will just never understand despite living under the umbrella of freedom provided to them by those they would proclaim to support and despise in the same breath. Obviously, he holds his manhood cheaply.

As to the subject of the post, nice find. I just figured it was some kind of mercy rule... :cool:

Sua Sponte

R.L.T.W!!!!

Real men stand next to the constitution and the freedom of speech. If I didn't need the suicide hotline during the 8 yrs of HELL from Jan. 21, 2001 to Jan.22, 2009, I'll be just fine no matter what happens, but thanks for the concern. Some folks don't understand that you can support and question at the same time, I thought this country learned that lesson after Vietman. Let's just hope this country can survive the fiscal mess placed upon it by Ronnie, King George II and Mad King George III.

Back