NAU vs Montana Game

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS

NAU vs Montana Game

Postby crashNAU88 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:32 pm

Montana's reign is over as the King of the Big Sky! At least for this year because NAU is going to take them out in Missoula come Saturday. NAU has a championship defense that flies around forcing nothing but problems for opposing offenses. NAU's offense can be a little skeptical at times but Michael Herrick will lead the Jacks past Montana's defense. NAU's only conference loss came to Eastern Washington, due to an off day from our offense. Along with Herrick NAU has one of the top leading rushers in the nation in Zach Bauman (True Freshman). NAU wins this game with a score of 24-10. Montana will not gain more than 75 yards rushing. Montana may have their plays in the air at times, but that will not be enough. Montana has been getting by this season in close games that they very well could have lost. Once again 24-10 NAU (2010 Big Sky Champions). GO JACKS!!!
crashNAU88
eGriz Newbie

I am a fan of: NAU

Re: NAU vs Montana Game

Postby bigskydrift » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:36 pm

fantasize now, while you can. Washington Grizzly Stadium awaits you.......
bigskydrift
eGriz Newbie

Postby crashNAU88 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:38 pm

BTW I love how you Montana fans believe that WGS is the greatest and toughest place to play on Earth...Our players have played Ole Miss, Arizona St., Univ. of Arizona....Pac 10 and SEC...I think we can handle it haha
crashNAU88
eGriz Newbie

I am a fan of: NAU

Postby CFallsGriz » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:39 pm

crashNAU88 wrote:BTW I love how you Montana fans believe that WGS is the greatest and toughest place to play on Earth...Our players have played Ole Miss, Arizona St., Univ. of Arizona....Pac 10 and SEC...I think we can handle it haha

History doesn't bear that out haha
That's me in the avatar. I'm the one with the hat.
CFallsGriz
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby bigskydrift » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:41 pm

CFallsGriz wrote:
crashNAU88 wrote:BTW I love how you Montana fans believe that WGS is the greatest and toughest place to play on Earth...Our players have played Ole Miss, Arizona St., Univ. of Arizona....Pac 10 and SEC...I think we can handle it haha

History doesn't bear that out haha

their history in WGS will repeat itself.
bigskydrift
eGriz Newbie

Postby bigkid » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:48 pm

I was wondering how long it would be before the rif raf reared its ugly head. So finally our Blah Blah Blah post appears. Griz win by 2 in the last 4 seconds of the game and pisses every nau fan off! MAN WE WERE SO MUCH BETTER> CRAP HOWD WE LOSE!! Jerome plays bluegrass - ma and pa carter's "bury me beneath the willow under the weeping willow tree," and the Griz fans prepare for another week of disdain!
And the beat downs go on.
Go Griz!!!
bigkid
Full time eGrizzer

I am a fan of: University of MT

Postby cclarkblues » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:53 pm

There will be a game Saturday. We will all root for our teams. One will win and one will lose. The winners will celebrate and the losers will grieve, but in a few days they will discover life goes on. So it is, so it is meant to be.
The Dude Abides
cclarkblues
eGriz Moderator
eGriz Moderator

Postby JACKyouUP13 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:11 pm

I love how Griz fans think they're all that all the time. Do you guys truly live in a cave or is that just a myth? So you're 5-2.....cool man, but do you honestly think your team is any bit impressive? You lost to Eastern and you barely got by Sac State at home and could have easily lost at PSU last week. Your #7 ranking means nothing to NAU's stellar defense. The Bobscats thought they were pretty good with their #9 ranking too before they played a REAL team. Live and learn Griz fans......if you think the Jacks are gonna be intimidated in the least bit then you have another thing coming. We play in packed stadiums every single year, so there is nothing troublesome about WGS. Your sub-par offense won't score more than 17 points on Saturday. NAU wins against ANOTHER overrated team 31-17!
JACKyouUP13
eGriz Newbie

I am a fan of: Northern Arizona

Postby jagur1 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:20 pm

Are you kidding me? I've been on this site for a long long time and this is the first NAU fan ever to show up. I didn't even know the lumberjacks had any fans. Unless it's just one of Alpha's 52 user names.
"Egriz has become a liability for decent UM fans."

"Never mistake activity for accomplishment."
jagur1
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby CFallsGriz » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:28 pm

JACKyouOFF13 wrote:I love how Griz fans think they're all that all the time. Do you guys truly live in a cave or is that just a myth? So you're 5-2.....cool man, but do you honestly think your team is any bit impressive? You lost to Eastern and you barely got by Sac State at home and could have easily lost at PSU last week. Your #7 ranking means nothing to NAU's stellar defense. The Bobscats thought they were pretty good with their #9 ranking too before they played a REAL team. Live and learn Griz fans......if you think the Jacks are gonna be intimidated in the least bit then you have another thing coming. We play in packed stadiums every single year, so there is nothing troublesome about WGS. Your sub-par offense won't score more than 17 points on Saturday. NAU wins against ANOTHER overrated team 31-17!

First of all, it's official: NAU fans talk the sorriest junk of any team ever, even for the Big Sigh. And "Live and Learn...?" Really? Do we need to point out what history tells us here? Apparently history isn't taught at NAU, but at least you have a short memory. And if you would actually read some of the threads before you open your ignorant cawk holster, you would see that most people here aren't exactly fired up about UM's performance to date, though most are giving the new guy time. Say, how long has Souers been on the job again? What's his record vs UM? You better hope your team wins, because not only do you end up looking like an ignorant putz (actually too late), but that would make Pflugrad about 12 times the better head coach (I couldn't care less that he was our DC once upon a time).

Listen up jackwagon, cause I'm only gonna say this once: get some real smack before you post again, because you're gonna go down in flames guy, along with your team. :lol:
That's me in the avatar. I'm the one with the hat.
CFallsGriz
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby Proud Griz Man » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:38 pm

:mrgreen:

Proud Griz Man
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby zirge » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:44 pm

crashNAU88 wrote:Montana's reign is over as the King of the Big Sky! At least for this year because NAU is going to take them out in Missoula come Saturday. NAU has a championship defense that flies around forcing nothing but problems for opposing offenses. NAU's offense can be a little skeptical at times but Michael Herrick will lead the Jacks past Montana's defense. NAU's only conference loss came to Eastern Washington, due to an off day from our offense. Along with Herrick NAU has one of the top leading rushers in the nation in Zach Bauman (True Freshman). NAU wins this game with a score of 24-10. Montana will not gain more than 75 yards rushing. Montana may have their plays in the air at times, but that will not be enough. Montana has been getting by this season in close games that they very well could have lost. Once again 24-10 NAU (2010 Big Sky Champions). GO JACKS!!!

OK nice prediction, anyone can be bold...........so it is my turn....................
i say we score on our first possession...................possibly on our first play
this will set the tone for the rest of the game..................which could derail your outcome :o
zirge
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

I am a fan of: montana

Postby firmgriz » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:05 pm

I like the enthusiasm NAU fan(s), but I've got to disagree with your prognosis. 2010 will be the same ol' story for NAU, just a different year. Seems like every year NAU starts out with some impressive wins and actually even looks the part of a contender, only to be revealed as a pretender by the Griz and lose to sorry teams the rest of the season. Enjoy the success while it lasts, i.e. until kickoff Saturday in Wa-Griz.
firmgriz
Full time eGrizzer

Postby griz4life » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:13 pm

Geez, the last time we defeated NAU your coach wept at the post game press conference. And yet your postings make him look emotionally stable.
Just chill and enjoy the game. We all have a special spot for Jerry's kids. Labor Day wouldn't be the same without them.
griz4life
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

I am a fan of: The University of Montana

Postby Lumberjack2 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:17 pm

I'm not going to talk any trash just because that never does good. I think that we are going to have on helluva match up on Saturday. I know for a fact that this game is going to be close. I think that NAU is going to continue with their spread attack, mainly pounding the ball inside. But for sure Montana is gonna be tossing it around. Both teams are championship contenders this year, but I think the job mix up this winter has made Montana a little bit confused. Last year was just as good as a game as this year will be. I think that our defense is gonna fly around the ball and disrupt Montana's offense. This will be a great game, and since I am a homer, I will say NAU wins 35-28.
Lumberjack2
eGriz Newbie

I am a fan of: Northern Arizona

Postby Grizo406 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:19 pm

Proud Griz Man wrote::mrgreen:

OUCH! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good job, PGM! :clap: :thumb:

I applaud & appreciate the NAU fans' new found confidence in their team...it's about time!

I'd feel the same way if the Griz had just beat a team as good as MSU was supposed to be, and that's what worries me about Saturday!??!

But, history does have a way of repeating it's self...as PGM's post CLEARLY indicates!
Grizo406
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby PeauxRouge » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:41 pm

If Jerome can't win this year, he will never beat the Griz.
PeauxRouge
eGriz Lifer

Postby CO's#1GrizFan » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:55 pm

AND YOU LOST EACH ONE OF THESE GAMES!!!!!!
CO's#1GrizFan
eGrizzer in Training

Postby Montanan » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:03 pm

Lumberjack2 wrote:... I think that our defense is gonna fly around the ball and disrupt Montana's offense. ...

probably my biggest concern of the game. should be a damn good game!
Montanan
Full time eGrizzer

I am a fan of: UM Grizzlies

Postby GOJACKS2010 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:42 pm

. Oooooohhhh ahhhhhhhh WaGriz "Michael herrick has never seen anything like what he will see on Saturday" bahahahahahhahahahahahahahah. I am pretty sure if we can hold the Sun Devils to under 70 rushing yards, we can hold the University of Montana to under 100. Im sure there is going to be some response "Oh but you didnt play the sun devils in WaGriz, then it would be a different story." And to the genius who said "and you lost all those games" when referring to NAU vs. UofA, ASU, and Ole Miss, I'm SURE the Griz would have won those games right? Bahhahahah. NAU wins in a close one Saturday and Souers breaks the curse. Wagriz- The TOUGHEST place to play on EARTH! The Oregon Ducks would LOSE in WaGriz! Bahaahhhahaahhahahahahhhhh
Fight Fight Fight for NAU,
Take the ball and follow through,
lead the blue and gold to fame,
as we win another game,
cheer, cheer cheer for nau,
we want a victory,
so fight, fight, fight with all your might because
we want a victory tonight!
GOJACKS2010
eGriz Newbie

I am a fan of: THE Northern Arizona U

Postby pinkpuffypajamas » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:01 pm

As was shown through our strong performance against MSU The Jacks are the top team in the Big Sky to contend with. We will once again prove our defensive dominance by shutting down the grizzlspit, and running it down their throats with the best freshman in the country. The griz have shown nothing impressive this season, and are overrated just as Montana State was. Booyah
pinkpuffypajamas
eGriz Newbie

I am a fan of: the bearded axer

Postby Potomac Griz » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:02 pm

JACKyouUP13 wrote:if you think the Jacks are gonna be intimidated in the least bit then you have another thing coming. We play in packed stadiums every single year, so there is nothing troublesome about WGS. Your sub-par offense won't score more than 17 points on Saturday. NAU wins against ANOTHER overrated team 31-17!

I don't think you guys will be 'intimidated' by WGS..but you have to admit you haven't exactly had luck winning here either :) The last time you won in Missoula was 1986... Wow.... According to Wikipedia WGS opened on Oct 18th 1986. Your last win in Missoula was Sept 27th 1986... Hm....

So...how many NAU players were even alive the last time NAU beat the Griz in Missoula? Hell, most of them probably weren't even 10 years old the last time NAU beat the Griz in Flagstaff!

Don't think though that I think it's a guaranteed win for the Griz.. NAU is very good this year, and the Griz do have some issues that still need to be worked out... I just pointed out the above to show that we've all probably heard for many years now how "THIS" was going to be the year that NAU beat the Griz, without there being many results to back it up.

As was pointed out in another thread, back in 2008, some NAU fans on here said the Griz wouldn't be able to run against NAU's great defense. The Griz put up over 230 yards rushing with a 5+ per carry average against NAU that year in a 45-10 blowout. So the trash talk and guarantees that NAU is going to stop the Griz "sub-par" offense has gotten to be about as predictable as the Cat fans whining about injuries causing their typical mid-season meltdowns :D

All trash talk aside...here's hoping for a good game with no serious injuries! Hopefully both of our teams will be in the playoffs this year and will represent the Big Sky well!
Potomac Griz
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby MT Jack » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:50 pm

While I find some of the new NAU fans here to be lacking in decorum, I am stoked to see that a few Jacks fans at least give a crap enough to post. Welcome, crash, gojacks, pinkpuffypajamas, jackyouup and other assorted aliases. Your enthusiasm may be loud but it is appreciated.

The Griz aren't the dominant beast everyone is used to. They have had screw ups much more often this year than we are all accustomed to. They turn the ball over at alarming rates. Their run game has been erratic and they've lost 2 road games and gutted out tough wins vs. Sacramento State and Portland State. Are the Griz truly down a bit, has the rest of the Big Sky Conference improved or is it a little bit of both? THe end of the season will decide.

Then again, the fact is history does not bode well for the Lumberjacks @ Washington-Grizzly Stadium. The fact is that the noise and crowd is good for a few false starts and miscues for road teams. The fact is the Griz have won the Big Sky championship for ages. The fact is the Griz have beat the Griz every year since (what) 1996.

But it's also apparent that a talented, hungry Lumberjacks team is coming to Missoula this weekend with a good a shot as any at winning there. A team that may have looked pretty crummy one week vs. EWU then was crazy on-the-ball vs. MSU the next week. Erratic, perhaps, but able to do some really good things as a team. If you can't see that then you're lacking in the ability to take an objective look at sports.
Lumberjacks!
MT Jack
eGrizzer

I am a fan of: NAU Lumberjacks

Postby stubbins » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:28 am

Lumberjack2 wrote:I'm not going to talk any trash just because that never does good. I think that we are going to have on helluva match up on Saturday. I know for a fact that this game is going to be close. I think that NAU is going to continue with their spread attack, mainly pounding the ball inside. But for sure Montana is gonna be tossing it around. Both teams are championship contenders this year, but I think the job mix up this winter has made Montana a little bit confused. Last year was just as good as a game as this year will be. I think that our defense is gonna fly around the ball and disrupt Montana's offense. This will be a great game, and since I am a homer, I will say NAU wins 35-28.

my best Hermes: It will either be close or it won't be.
Also: NAU will either win 35-28 or they won't.

Griz win 31-28. Defense plays well but gives up a cheesy one because of a turnover. Offense plays better in the friendly confines.

Obnoxious NAU fan is right, griz don't rush for over 100, but they don't need to. Roper and the offense has a big day. Throws for over 300 hundred and chase gets 70. NAU fans tout their unbelievable rushing defense but do not bring up the final score. Some griz fans rejoice, some bitch...all breathe.
The amazing thermos! Keeps hot stuff hot and cold stuff cold...how does it know?

f*** Royce
stubbins
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:22 am

jagur1 wrote:Are you kidding me? I've been on this site for a long long time and this is the first NAU fan ever to show up. I didn't even know the lumberjacks had any fans. Unless it's just one of Alpha's 52 user names.

Its up to 61 now.

Occupy eGriz - Take Back Whats Ours
ALPHAGRIZ1
eGriz Elite

I am a fan of: Guns, Sluts & Money

Next

Return to Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS