• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NAU vs Montana Game

Well, at least Stevie Nicks came out of Phoenix, Arizona. That's one good thing I can say about it. Hope for a good game. May the best team win, which, in this case, I think that might just happen.

I keep reading crap about NAU's superior offense and defense, but the stats sure don't back up all of the talk. Overall it appears to be pretty even.

Passing Offense
Rank Team G Att Com Int Pct Yds TD YDPG
13. Montana 7 259 160 10 61.78 1830 21 261.43
16. Northern Ariz. 6 229 146 7 63.76 1485 10 247.50

Passing Efficiency Offense
Rank Team G Att Com Pct Int Yds YdsAtt TD Rating
17. Montana 7 259 160 61.78 10 1830 7.07 21 140.19
45. Northern Ariz. 6 229 146 63.76 7 1485 6.48 10 126.57

Rushing Offense
Rank Team G Rsh Net Avg TD Ydspg
79. Montana 7 240 846 3.53 6 120.86
83. Northern Ariz. 6 224 687 3.07 8 114.50

Total Offense
Rank Team G Pl Yds Avg TD Ydspg
30. Montana 7 499 2676 5.36 32 382.29
45. Northern Ariz. 6 453 2172 4.79 21 362.00

Passing Defense
Rank Team G Att Com Pct Yds TD Ydspg
13. Montana 7 191 92 48.17 1022 7 146.00
49. Northern Ariz. 6 186 107 57.53 1142 8 190.33

Passing Efficiency Defense
6. Montana 7 191 92 48.17 12 1022 7 92.68
37. Northern Ariz. 6 186 107 57.53 7 1142 8 115.74

Rushing Defense
2. Northern Ariz. 6 177 418 2.36 4 69.67
52. Montana 7 289 990 3.43 6 141.43

Total Defense
Rank Team G Pl Yds Avg TD Ydspg
5. Northern Ariz. 6 363 1560 4.30 13 260.00
13. Montana 7 480 2012 4.19 19 287.43

lol, NAU has never won in wash griz?... seriously?? So we haven't lost a home game to them since the early 80's. Yeah I wouldn't call it "living in the past" to think that we win again at home after a 25 year winning streak. I don't care how good your team is, they lay turds in wash griz.

As for NAU's argument that they can handle intimating places (that they lose at anyway) read what some actual players have said about wash griz.

South Dakota State quarterback Thomas O'Brien made friends in Griz Nation when, after the Jackrabbits lost 17-3 at No. 6 Nebraska Saturday, he said Memorial Stadium in Lincoln wasn't as intimidating as some.

"Coming here, we thought this would be the loudest crowd we've ever faced," he told the Omaha World-Herald. "But I'd say Montana was quite a bit louder."

O'Brien played in the classic 61-48 playoff game that SDSU lost at Montana last December.

Eddy, Northern Colorado's defensive leader, can also attest to Washington-Grizzly Stadium's decibel level. Michigan State's Spartan Stadium isn't close.

"Montana was a lot louder," Eddy said.

son-of-info said:
GOJACKS2010 said:
Choo chooooooo!

nominated for dumbest post of the year

in fairness, i don't think this comment had anything do do with a championship game which really would have made it a very stupid post. some 'jack fan told you griz fans to get off the tracks cause the train was coming through. :lol: a post or 2 after that gojacks decided to write "choo choo". still pretty lame...but maybe not QUITE as lame as it appears....

carry on...

ilovethecats said:
in fairness, i don't think this comment had anything do do with a championship game which really would have made it a very stupid post. some 'jack fan told you griz fans to get off the tracks cause the train was coming through. :lol: a post or 2 after that gojacks decided to write "choo choo". still pretty lame...but maybe not QUITE as lame as it appears....

carry on...

Ok i can see that. Just being a Griz fan i forget not everyone aspires for NCs,just beating us. In a way i was giving him more credit than he deserved.

Good catch, ILTC. I bet you're right on the train. Dumb, but not as dumb as it appeared.

As for the "We have professional sports and FBS teams in our state so it's understandable we don't support an FCS team argument", I find it somewhat of a cop-out. Is there some truth to it? Of course. But look at App State, Ga Southern, and Youngstown as examples. Those are programs within states with all sorts of other FBS/Pro teams, and they're well-supported. I think too many poor drawing programs use that argument as a crutch.

JACKyouUP13 said:
......if you think the Jacks are gonna be intimidated in the least bit then you have another thing coming. We play in packed stadiums every single year, so there is nothing troublesome about WGS. Your sub-par offense won't score more than 17 points on Saturday. NAU wins against ANOTHER overrated team 31-17!

Maybe so, but unfortunately never at home.

The dumbest post in this thread is "driver in Phoenix being 80 years old".

Everyone knows thats Sun City not Phoenix............ :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

EverettGriz said:
. . . I didn't know there were this many NAU fans who give a shit . . .

I suspect all of these guys other than MTJack (who has been making sane, intelligent posts here for a couple of years) are really Black Falkin posting under multiple fake screen names.

griz8791 said:
EverettGriz said:
. . . I didn't know there were this many NAU fans who give a shit . . .

I suspect all of these guys other than MTJack (who has been making sane, intelligent posts here for a couple of years) are really Black Falkin posting under multiple fake screen names.

Intelligent? Sane? Really? My family has its doubts.

Haven't seen much of Black Falkin here, on anygivensaturday.com or over on championshipsubdivision.com in quite a while? Guess he only comes out to play for one game a year.

I'll second Alpha's post on the driving comment. People don't drive slow in the overall Phoenix metro area. Maybe in Apache Junction and Sun City where the sidewalks roll up at 8 pm? People generally drive like crackheads caught on fire throughout most of the valley.

Don't know about the choo-choo comment? It could be in reference to NAU blowing the train whistle after every score in Flagstaff? That or it was just a stupid comment that I'm wasting time thinking about.

Back to work now....

GOJACKS2010 said:
I have a hypothetical for you griz fans. If Montana loses this game,do you make the playoffs? If NAU loses this game, do we make the playoffs? In the past this game is the point where NAU does our typical thing where we lose the rest of the games of the season after a good start.

If the Griz lose this but win the rest, yes, they make playoffs still. The NCAA loves the Griz money in the playoffs. If the Jacks lose but win the rest I still think they can make the playoffs, but would likely just squeak in.

Good luck the rest of the year, hope you make the playoffs.

Back