Tate Forcier rumors

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS

Tate Forcier rumors

Postby dayday » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:22 pm

Just wondering if he is actually considering coming to the University of Montana or is this just a crazy rumor? Does anybody know if any FBS QB transfers are considering coming here? I think we most definitely need a transfer like that to make better competition in camp.
dayday
eGriz Newbie

I am a fan of: Griz and Zags

Re: Tate Forcier rumors

Postby G&B » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:27 pm

Wish in one hand.
MSU can suck it.
G&B
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby Unwrittengriz » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:04 pm

As a Michigan fan I would be excited if he did come here, he is a good QB & would fit into Pflu's system.

But I don't why he would transfer. True he started his entire freshman season but Denard Robinson has proven to be injury prone in Rich Rods system & Forcier got a lot of PT this year. Plus if Rich Rod is fired Denard might not even fit into the future coaches system, especially if he is replaced by Harbaugh.
Unwrittengriz
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby Evizzerate » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:32 pm

:thumb:
Evizzerate
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby Evizzerate » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:56 pm

IF Rich Rod keeps his job Forcier is third string next year behind Denard and Devon Gardner. Nobody in Ann Arbor expects him to stay if that is the case. Flacco dropped down and has done pretty well for himself.
Evizzerate
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby mtgrizrule » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:30 pm

Evizzerate has a very good read on this. If Rrod stays, Forcier is elsewhere. Let's hope with the GRIZ!

To add, I have heard two variations as for the GRIZ, and cannot confirm if either is true or not.

(1) Montana has been contacted, and he has already visited
(2) Montana has been contacted, and campus visit hinges on the outcome of RRod.

Either way, it sounds like a campus visit is likely. I have a feeling if it that is the case, our chances will be good. Maybe someone closer to the program can confirm, deny, or add more info on this.
I am passionate for: God, family, friends, US Military, GRIZ, Protandim, Truescience, and Lifevantage (great products for aging, health, and skin)
video: http://www.abcliveit.com/site/ABC_Primetime_Report.html. http://www.mylifevantage.com/271791 We are also looking for more partners. Thank you all. God Bless every soldier fighting for our country!!!!
mtgrizrule
eGriz Elite

I am a fan of: DA GRIZ

Postby behappp » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:45 pm

From the interesting facts dept. - Wikipedia says, "He made news by posting his Oregon Ducks football scholarship letter from Mike Bellotti as well as other letters on his www.qbforce.com website. The text of the Bellotti letter that was on his website said that the "offer is made in good faith," but that, "If this offer is not accepted by a date which is agreeable to us, the agreement may have to be altered with additional scholarships." He is considered the first high school football player to post his scholarship offer letters on the internet."
“ I'm in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love. And it’s difficult to analyze love when you’re in it." - John Steinbeck[color=#BF0000][/color]
behappp
Full time eGrizzer

I am a fan of: umt

Postby MrTitleist » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:19 pm

Man, talk about a narcissistic family. And.. how the hell do you spell Joe Paterno's name wrong on the front page of the website??
ImageImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
eGriz Moderator
eGriz Moderator

Postby GrizLA » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:04 am

MrTitleist wrote:Man, talk about a narcissistic family. And.. how the hell do you spell Joe Paterno's name wrong on the front page of the website??

I was wondering about that, as well. So, who is Forcier and why should we care? Seriously...I could Google it, but I am curious...is he presently at Michigan? Not impressive if he is...
GrizLA
eGriz Lifer

I am a fan of: Verdi

Postby kemajic » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:47 am

GrizLA wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:Man, talk about a narcissistic family. And.. how the hell do you spell Joe Paterno's name wrong on the front page of the website??

I was wondering about that, as well. So, who is Forcier and why should we care? Seriously...I could Google it, but I am curious...is he presently at Michigan? Not impressive if he is...

Google it.
"Turn me loose; set me free somewhere in the middle of Montana" - Merle Haggard
kemajic
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby GrizLA » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:58 am

kemajic wrote:
GrizLA wrote:

Google it.

ok, I did...how would this guy fit in with the present coach's scheme? I don't see his value to UM, at this stage.
GrizLA
eGriz Lifer

I am a fan of: Verdi

Postby kemajic » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:01 am

GrizLA wrote:
kemajic wrote:
GrizLA wrote:

Google it.

ok, I did...how would this guy fit in with the present coach's scheme? I don't see his value to UM, at this stage.

Perfectly.
kemajic
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby dub-foncy » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:15 am

GrizLA wrote:

We got some real sports fans on this site, huh? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fresh off paper
dub-foncy
My PC is stuck on eGriz

I am a fan of: The Griz

Postby TxGriz » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:28 am

Craig Ochs and J.D. Quinn were two drop downs that come to mind who came to UM and played with intense loyalty to the team. Other drop downs haven't fared so well because they were prima donna glamor boys who felt like their butts had to be kissed exactly to their liking before blessing us with their glorious presence. The first thing that has to be in place is all out dedication to be a member of the team. I have my doubts about this case. Please recruit some players is all I ask, we've had enough of the showboats.
TxGriz
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby BWahlberg » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:11 am

TxGriz wrote:Craig Ochs and J.D. Quinn were two drop downs that come to mind who came to UM and played with intense loyalty to the team. Other drop downs haven't fared so well because they were prima donna glamor boys who felt like their butts had to be kissed exactly to their liking before blessing us with their glorious presence. The first thing that has to be in place is all out dedication to be a member of the team. I have my doubts about this case. Please recruit some players is all I ask, we've had enough of the showboats.

We've also recently had quite a few guys that were great contributors to the team transfer in, guys like Allen, Green, Duncan, Moutra, Russum, Swogger, Chambers, LaMantia and more. Actually I can only think of a few prima-donnas that were pretty well publicized Rodamer, Kessman, and there was some DB from Arizona - can't even recall his name now.

I think that the bigger question for any drop-down is that was he just not good in the system he was previously playing for/buried in depth/etc, OR has he just not worked out at the college ranks/not that good/hampered by continuous injury.

We've seen more transfers simply not work out rather than come in here expecting preferrential treatment.
Griz practice and news updates http://twitter.com/Bwahlberg
Brint Wahlberg - Realtor, Windermere Real Estate
The egriz poster formerly known as Re/maxGriz
BWahlberg
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

I am a fan of: Montana

Postby kemajic » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:15 am

dub-foncy wrote:
GrizLA wrote:

We got some real sports fans on this site, huh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

And he's right from the guy's backyard in San Diego....
kemajic
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby grizfan95 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:54 am

Re/MaxGriz wrote:
TxGriz wrote:Craig Ochs and J.D. Quinn were two drop downs that come to mind who came to UM and played with intense loyalty to the team. Other drop downs haven't fared so well because they were prima donna glamor boys who felt like their butts had to be kissed exactly to their liking before blessing us with their glorious presence. The first thing that has to be in place is all out dedication to be a member of the team. I have my doubts about this case. Please recruit some players is all I ask, we've had enough of the showboats.

We've also recently had quite a few guys that were great contributors to the team transfer in, guys like Allen, Green, Duncan, Moutra, Russum, Swogger, Chambers, LaMantia and more. Actually I can only think of a few prima-donnas that were pretty well publicized Rodamer, Kessman, and there was some DB from Arizona - can't even recall his name now.

Swogger was a joke, just sayin'
Griz O-lineman Jon Opperud when asked what it was like to play in the 2011 Cat-Griz game: "We're 22-4 against them in the last 26 years... I wouldn't really call that a rivalry."

grizfan95
My PC is stuck on eGriz

I am a fan of: University of Montana

Postby Forshizzlegrizzle » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:57 am

? One drive from another NC appearance makes him a joke? He probably had the most powerfull arm we have seen here in Missoula.
Forshizzlegrizzle
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby Potomac Griz » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:00 am

Forshizzlegrizzle wrote:? One drive from another NC appearance makes him a joke? He probably had the most powerfull arm we have seen here in Missoula.

Agree 100%. Swogger took us to the Semi-Finals in his first and only year here. That's pretty damn good.
Potomac Griz
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby cclarkblues » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:05 am

Dexter X wrote:
Forshizzlegrizzle wrote:? One drive from another NC appearance makes him a joke? He probably had the most powerfull arm we have seen here in Missoula.

Agree 100%. Swogger took us to the Semi-Finals in his first and only year here. That's pretty damn good.

Not my fave, but I would take him over this year's drop-down.
The Dude Abides
cclarkblues
eGriz Moderator
eGriz Moderator

Postby Blgs Griz Fan » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:56 am

Which Swogger because there was more than one and you never knew which one was suited up. He did have a lot of talent though.
Blgs Griz Fan
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby MrTitleist » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:03 am

grizfan95 wrote:Swogger was a joke, just sayin'

Swogger was not a joke. That guy could flat out throw the ball, and did it well. One more year in this system and I think we'd be talking about him in the same regard as Ochs. :twocents:
ImageImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
eGriz Moderator
eGriz Moderator

Postby Griz Growler » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:41 am

Unwrittengriz wrote:As a Michigan fan I would be excited if he did come here, he is a good QB & would fit into Pflu's system.

But I don't why he would transfer. True he started his entire freshman season but Denard Robinson has proven to be injury prone in Rich Rods system & Forcier got a lot of PT this year. :shock: Plus if Rich Rod is fired Denard might not even fit into the future coaches system :shock: , especially if he is replaced by Harbaugh.

I have a feeling any coach in the country could fit a Heisman candidate qb into their system.
ImageImageImage
Griz Growler
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby rgrizfan » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:54 am

Griz Growler wrote:
Unwrittengriz wrote:As a Michigan fan I would be excited if he did come here, he is a good QB & would fit into Pflu's system.

But I don't why he would transfer. True he started his entire freshman season but Denard Robinson has proven to be injury prone in Rich Rods system & Forcier got a lot of PT this year. :shock: Plus if Rich Rod is fired Denard might not even fit into the future coaches system :shock: , especially if he is replaced by Harbaugh.

I have a feeling any coach in the country could fit a Heisman candidate qb into their system.

I don't think Denard could ever be a pocket passer....
rgrizfan
Full time eGrizzer

Postby Griz Growler » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:06 pm

rgrizfan wrote:
Griz Growler wrote:

I don't think Denard could ever be a pocket passer....

ImageImageImage
Griz Growler
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Next

Return to Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS